Marinejuana
local
+415|6586|Seattle
I've posted these before, but it occurs to me that many of you have probably still not seen them, and they could possibly VASTLY improve your aim with assault rifles if you have been mistaken about how to line up headshots. The images are an exceptionally easy tool to make so I'm surprised I havent seen similar images circulated here. They probably belong somewhere in the wiki.

Nero wrote:

Sight Screenshots for M16 and AK:

https://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f188/Ninja018/screen114.jpg

https://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f188/Ninja018/screen112.jpg
Anyway, he made those images from memory so they arent the most precise images I could possibly post.

the first-shot iron sight "sweet spots," if u will, are as follows:

https://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/kyleomalley/m16-1.jpg

https://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/kyleomalley/ak101-1.jpg

[thanks sarge for the tips, im such a noob with photoshop]

I made them by transposing a zoomed and unzoomed image, then drew lines through the unzoomed crosshairs. You will notice that in neros image, the sweet spot is drawn a few pixels higher for the AK. The AK has a lot of muzzle climb so in practice its often better to shoot low because the next five bullets will always land a few pixels higher than the first one. This is less true for the M16 and you see this fact reflected in neros picture.

You also notice how both rifles require that you aim slightly to the right, more so on the M16.

With recoil what it is, I suggest referring to neros images for vertical alignment and my images for horizontal alignment.

Good luck and have fun!

Last edited by Marinejuana (2007-06-03 21:09:33)

Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6708|67.222.138.85
1) Nero wrote those in conjunction with his config, supposedly set to the ping of his favorite server.

2) Tweaking config at all has not been proven to actually change anything.

3) Nero's aim isn't that good.
Jello.01
+46|6610|DFW, Texas
Lol, the M16 confuses me. Are you supposed to alternate between the two dots?
Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6528|London (At Heart)

already knew it <3
NaytdawgUK
+7|6200|essex, UK
go fire a rifle, you'll soon learn
crysis325
Banned
+10|6184
Never knew that dude!

And Maniac who are you to be talking?
russ)=spetsnaz
Banned
+131|6457|the guy in the hind on gator
i know a couple people that got banned from punkbuster using those
Jameseyy
Banned
+108|6229|Scotland!

crysis325 wrote:

Mr.E
HakLaw in the house
+103|6562

russ)=spetsnaz wrote:

? its painted in....
crysis325
Banned
+10|6184

c4_he_was_famous wrote:

russ)=spetsnaz wrote:

? its painted in....
Yeah but I heard there are some peeps youve like some how got those into there files where they can put like a blue dot on there crosshair and shit.

Last edited by crysis325 (2007-06-03 09:49:08)

ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6523
i need help with my g36e aiming
Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6528|London (At Heart)

ig wrote:

Point into hills.

Fire.

With the G36E you SHOULD get about 7 kills a shot on single shot using this method.
RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6538|Chicago

Jameseyy wrote:

crysis325 wrote:

That's how he rolls.
crysis325
Banned
+10|6184

RedTwizzler wrote:

Jameseyy wrote:

crysis325 wrote:

That's how he rolls.
Huh?
jord
+2,382|6679|The North, beyond the wall.
Don't get it.

Doesn't matter, i rarely right click into Iron sight mode.
David.P
Banned
+649|6275
How about the ak47 and l85a2? Is it the same as their respective counter-parts or different?

Last edited by David.Podedworny (2007-06-03 10:16:19)

Flaming_Maniac
Look at who he quoted, those are Nero's screens. I played with and know Nero, he was helping my team and another team in BF2 5v5 CAL season 6, and was banned for team hopping. He's good no doubt, but he isn't freakin unbelievable and most of his skill lies in movement and not aim.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6291|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Lollerskates, I wanna play "insult the mod" too!

FLAMING IS TEH VEHICLE NUB!

And I miss (sometimes) with the M16. My days of America's Army keep saying to put the enemy in the upper right corner of the aiming post.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
crysis325
Banned
+10|6184

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Look at who he quoted, those are Nero's screens. I played with and know Nero, he was helping my team and another team in BF2 5v5 CAL season 6, and was banned for team hopping. He's good no doubt, but he isn't freakin unbelievable and most of his skill lies in movement and not aim.
I know hes not unbevievable, hell I never even said that maybe Marijuana was trying to say that. But movement is what really matters now. Go into a BF2 Pro and youll see yourself its not so much aiming its your strats and how you "bunny hop", "dive" and dodge. But there still is some very accurate players. And cowami I wasnt exactly insulting I guess I was. I aplogize Maniac.

Last edited by crysis325 (2007-06-03 10:30:08)

Phatso
The Moisture
+49|6697|South Africa

Shem wrote:

ig wrote:

Point into hills.

Fire.

With the G36E you SHOULD get about 7 kills a shot on single shot using this method.

Classic!
Marinejuana
local
+415|6586|Seattle

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Hey flaming remember that annoying Jim Halpert noob that was raping you two days ago on the BF2s.com US server? That was me. you should just try to learn something here rather than being a smartass. And if he was nice enough to help out your bad team, then why come on here talking shit?

Of course movement matters, but are u actually trying to suggest that precise aim isnt important given that fact? Jesus.

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

1) Nero wrote those in conjunction with his config, supposedly set to the ping of his favorite server.

2) Tweaking config at all has not been proven to actually change anything.

3) Nero's aim isn't that good.
there is some truth to what you are saying in that, yes, he has said that he thinks usersettings affect where you have to aim on the iron. I personally think he is wrong about that, though. I respect his observation but i honestly cant see how anything related to latency or hit reg would actually change the trajectory of shots.

Anyway, he made those images from memory so they arent the most precise images I could possibly post. They would still help you become a better player but whatever.

In reality the first-shot iron sight "sweet spots," if u will, are as follows:

https://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/kyleomalley/ak101.jpg

https://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/kyleomalley/m16.jpg

[thanks sarge for the tips, im such a noob with photoshop]

I made them by transposing a zoomed and unzoomed image, then drew lines through the unzoomed crosshairs. You will notice that in neros image, the sweet spot is drawn a few pixels higher for the AK. The AK has a lot of muzzle climb so in practice its often better to shoot low because the next five bullets will always land a few pixels higher than the first one. This is less true for the M16 and you see this fact reflected in neros picture.

You also notice how both rifles require that you aim slightly to the right, more so on the M16.

With recoil what it is, I suggest referring to neros images for vertical alignment and my images for horizontal alignment.

Anyway, hope this helps a few of you.

Last edited by Marinejuana (2007-06-03 11:15:16)

Skorpy-chan
+127|6346|Twyford, UK
Hm. I would try that for the PKM, but it would require a lot of extra dots to show where the shots will actually land on automatic fire.

As a general rule, however, checking the Wikipedia article on iron sights should teach you a LOT about how to aim when right-clicked. It improved my accuracy by a whole percentage point, even after I developed the tendency to shoot at anything that could possibly be damaged by my fire, spray wildly at suspect shots with vehicle-mounted weapons, provide supressing fire, shoot people with pistols at stupid ranges, and charge into combat with shotgun a-blazing.
Flaming_Maniac
Whoa whoa there, calm down Marinejuana. I'm just skeptical about the way Nero put those screens together without any sort of reasoning behind it, and in paint.

My first post was relating directly to Nero's post on the CAL forums, where he talked about his user settings and then posted those pictures as a direct relation to what his settings were. That I am HIGHLY skeptical of, and it seems you are too.

I'll start off first by saying I really, really didn't like the CAL team I was on. It was a local team that turned out to be a lot of jackasses, cared about nothing more than winning. Sure it was great that Nero helped us, but he was breaking the rules. Because of that, I did not want him on the team at all. What Nero was best at was using jumping/crouch spamming effectively behind cover, I did not think him the best shot in the world. Close range he would usually beat me, I would usually beat him long range.

I have found that generally the targets hit just to the left as your screens show, but not enough to attempt to aim a few pixels off when other factors like aiming behind the target to hit their hitbox come into play more. Someone posted it here a long time ago, but they took screenshots of a lot of different guns and basically did what you did, showing how far off the sights really are. Appalling really on EA's part, how could you be too lazy to make the sights line up with the actual aiming on a game centered around aim?

No I don't remember being "raped" by you two days ago, are you talking on Friday? What was the exact account name?

Hope to see you on the server again.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6470
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6291|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

On that note, wasn't "Jim_Halpert" the colonel who said "Bunnyhopping nubs" and "Seriously, it's like playing with a bunch of ADD afflicted 4 year olds"?

Ahh, those were great lines.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard