m3946yt3
+2|6216
To get:
IAR: 3 minutes in Air Defense (SAM, AA Vehicle)
IAR: 11 kills with Air Defense (SAM, AA Vehicle)

Question (1)
What is the quickest and easiest way to get this badge? At some maps it is impossible to stay in SAM for 1 minute because the avators are so good! And the AA Vehicle armor are light when a chopper approaches you are toasted! Hmm... wait a minute, can you use AA Vehicle to kill infantry for kills and it will count?

Question (2)
What does IAR stand for?

Thanx!
Idlewild
Disrupted Logic
+71|6327|Londawn
Essex on Wake?

And I believe you can use Mobile AA on Infantry, another option would be Ghost Town (if you have SF)

IAR = In a Round

Last edited by Idlewild (2007-06-01 07:41:36)

eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6234|S.A. Australia
IAR stands for In A Round
Serious Flex
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6468

1. Be commander, camp in your base and drop arty on the enemy. These kills will count.

2. IAR = In A Round.

Last edited by NooBesT[FiN] (2007-06-01 07:41:14)

https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6478|Sheffield-England
Ok... be commander an sit in an AA vehicle or turret thingy, Arty the enemy, Now... when you get the 11th kill with arty... BINGO! you have it :d  ( this still works right? )

IRA= In A Round
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6269
The mobile AA are very good at taking down choppers if you're any good in it. I got my expert AA badge on Dragon Valley in the PLA mobile AA.

Or you could use the mobile AA to get lots of Inf kills.

Or if you want the really easy way out be a commander, sit in AA, and get arty kills.
m3946yt3
+2|6216
Great stuff!

I take it you can do the same with the "Ground Defense Ribbon"? To be commander?

IAR: 3 minutes in TOW/Mounted Machine Gun
IAR: 5 kills in TOW/Mounted Machine Gun

Cheers!!!

Last edited by m3946yt3 (2007-06-01 07:45:15)

NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6468

m3946yt3 wrote:

Great stuff!

I take it you can do the same with the "Ground Defense Ribbon"? To be commander?

IAR: 3 minutes in TOW/Mounted Machine Gun
IAR: 5 kills in TOW/Mounted Machine Gun

Cheers!!!
Yes.
Ninja_Kid2002
+119|6266|Floodsville, TN, (UK really)

stkhoplite wrote:

Ok... be commander an sit in an AA vehicle or turret thingy, Arty the enemy, Now... when you get the 11th kill with arty... BINGO! you have it :d  ( this still works right? )

IRA= In A Round
Whilst this is good for your Ground Defence badges because how else can you get that biatch. For your AA badges and ribbon I recommend the following:

Dragon Valley + USMC + Linebacker + Good Commander OR Supply = Ribbon.

There's plenty of cover from the pipe-line up the east of the map to avoid bombing runs. The missiles will take down any chopper in 3-4 hits and the main cannon cuts through troops like a mo-focker.

And this method is so much more fun than the commander loop-hole.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6499|so randum
Ghost Town+Linebacker=Rape.

Best method IMHO
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
jord
+2,382|6677|The North, beyond the wall.
Toast town.

Mobile AA on Ghost town.
m3946yt3
+2|6216
One LAST question!!!

The "Crew Service Ribbon" Ribbon:

IAR: 1 Driver Special Ability Point
IAR: 13 Driver Kill Assists
IAR: 5 kills

1) What is Driver Special Ability Point and how do you get it?
2) What is best way to get this ribbon?

Thanx!!!
Boomstick
+3|6175|In your base Teabaggin your CO

fatherted13 wrote:

Best method IMHO
Great method.

For the other one being a chopper or jet pilot with gunners usually gets you that one.

Last edited by Boomstick (2007-06-01 07:51:40)

Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6488|Gogledd Cymru

jord wrote:

Stat padding on Toast town.

Mobile AA on Ghost town.
PADDERS!!!
jord
+2,382|6677|The North, beyond the wall.

surgeon_bond wrote:

jord wrote:

Mobile AA on Ghost town.
PADDERS!!!
You must of quoted me 30 times over the last 2 days.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6488|Gogledd Cymru

jord wrote:

surgeon_bond wrote:

jord wrote:

Mobile AA on Ghost town.
PADDERS!!!
You must of quoted me 30 times over the last 2 days.
o rly ?
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6468

m3946yt3 wrote:

One LAST question!!!

The "Crew Service Ribbon" Ribbon:

IAR: 1 Driver Special Ability Point
IAR: 13 Driver Kill Assists
IAR: 5 kills

Thanx!!!
1. Well if you really want to get that text on your screen you have to enter a vehicle with someone else in it. When this other person gets a healing, repair or supply point you will get Driver Special Ability Point. Though you don't need this for ribbon since Driver Kill Assists count as Driver Special Ability Points.

2. Being pilot in chopper would be the easiest I think.
m3946yt3
+2|6216
Ghost Town, do I need ti install Special Forces? I only have Battlefield 2.
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6644|Camoran's Paradise
Carrier AA + Commader + Artillery

https://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o310/Ganko06/screen011.png?t=1180709946

Last edited by Ganko_06 (2007-06-01 07:59:41)

DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6680|Disaster Free Zone

m3946yt3 wrote:

What is the quickest and easiest way to get this badge? At some maps it is impossible to stay in SAM for 1 minute because the avators are so good! And the AA Vehicle armor are light when a chopper approaches you are toasted! Hmm... wait a minute, can you use AA Vehicle to kill infantry for kills and it will count?
I think I got mine on dalian shooting down black hawks.
But I would say (for vanilla) Fushee using the linebacker is a good choice. Just go engy so you can fix it when you get bombed (but not killed).
If you have SF, ghost town and gator are also easy places to get it. And while your at it why not get the AA badges at the same time.
Yes Infantry kills count, and thats why using mobile AA makes it so much easier.

m3946yt3 wrote:

Question (2)
What does IAR stand for?
In A Round.

m3946yt3 wrote:

This is when you are driving/piloting a vehicle and your passenger/gunner gets a team point (that is not a kill assist). So if they get a heal, resupply or repair point or destroy a commander asset.

m3946yt3 wrote:

Fly a chopper and get a support gunner. Just before getting into the chopper throw a grenade. He will get in and start resupplying you. Once he gets a point for this you'll get a driver special ability point. Then just let him get 13 kills and get 5 your self.

There's many other ways but the above seems the simplest.

NooBesT[FiN] wrote:

1. Well if you really want to get that text on your screen you have to enter a vehicle with someone else in it. When this other person gets a healing, repair or supply point you will get Driver Special Ability Point. Though you don't need this for ribbon since Driver Kill Assists count as Driver Special Ability Points.
Actually you do need a driver special ability point to get the ribbon. In the stats the 2 points are combined to only give 1 number, but to obtain this ribbon you need what the requirements say.

m3946yt3 wrote:

Ghost Town, do I need ti install Special Forces? I only have Battlefield 2.
If you want the "Crew Service Ribbon" you must complete the requirements on a SF map. And yes you also need Special Forces to play on these maps (which includes ghost town).

Last edited by DrunkFace (2007-06-01 08:17:07)

OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6648|Washington DC

fatherted13 wrote:

Best method IMHO
Yea, that's probably the best ... however, I got all my Anti-air ribbons and badges playing on Kubra Dam as US.  I just drove it out of the main base and to the top of the hill.  Overlooking that valley seemed to work well for me (and you can back up in between hills when a lock is on you).
AAFCptKabbom
+127|6657|WPB, FL. USA
Get on Kubra Dam, join U.S. team, get in Mobile AA, cruise map, and KILL EVERY MOF@%$'ing THING IN SITE - enjoy the digital bling  

You don't need to shoot-down air vehicles -  shooting noobs in the face works well on Ghost Town too - join Brit team.

From the guy who got all of the Digital BLING-BLING first,
Kaboom.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6648|Washington DC

Ganko_06 wrote:

Carrier AA + Commader + Artillery
Yea, you can get a lot of the badges this way ... if this is the way you want to play the game.  Personally, I like the challenge of getting badges without using the lame commander tactic.
(MrLoneWolf)
+0|6206
be sniper put claymores down and jump in an aa
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6694|UK

(MrLoneWolf) wrote:

be sniper put claymores down and jump in an aa
prick

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard