[HOF]Mercenary
o_O
+53|6197
Now, i know GIMP sucks, and PS pwns all, BUT! I use it, now, i suck at sigs (http://www.freewebs.com/w4hagen/Test%201.png ---my latest) And i was wondering if any of you have tips to make my sigs better looking, and more complex, and help is appreciated XD
Entertayner
+826|6589

DeathUnlimited is the man to talk to and no, GIMP doesn't suck it's just not as good as PS.  IMO you need to change the text colour, try taking one of the lighter colours from the sig and using that colour also you might wanna make the whole thing a little smaller.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6482|cuntshitlake

Entertayner wrote:

DeathUnlimited is the man to talk to and no, GIMP doesn't suck it's just not as good as PS.  IMO you need to change the text colour, try taking one of the lighter colours from the sig and using that colour also you might wanna make the whole thing a little smaller.
Well, I do use GIMP (PS just doesn't work on Linux) , but I am no good at it.

Still, my points are the same as Enty's.

1. Make it smaller.

2. Make the text more visible by either using a different color with 20 to 50 opacity or making borders from other color.

Last edited by DeathUnlimited (2007-05-29 08:23:08)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
[HOF]Mercenary
o_O
+53|6197
Great! Thanks a lot!
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6482|cuntshitlake

Oh hell, try every opacity value, it might look cool even on 100%
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6848|Grapevine, TX
I have about 2 hours of experience, so if I can use GIMP, anyone can. I wuould say it just need polished-up.  Read some tutorials at the GIMP site, much to learn, if you want too.
[HOF]Mercenary
o_O
+53|6197
I did a lot of tutorials, and was able to make a video avatar XD and my new sig, il ike it a lot better then the old one, thnx all XD
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6735
Looks cool dude... keep it up...  maybe add a drop shadow to the name or a dark border...
Love is the answer
[HOF]Mercenary
o_O
+53|6197
On that note, how do you all like to make borders? I always just draw a brush around the edges, and it kinda sucks, any suggestions?
Entertayner
+826|6589

Well, in Photoshop, I select all then right click and select stroke.  Not too sure how GIMP works in that respect.  Sorry.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6677|BC, Canada

Entertayner wrote:

Well, in Photoshop, I select all then right click and select stroke.  Not too sure how GIMP works in that respect.  Sorry.
thanks for the tip, Ive been creating a new img just a few pixels larger than the other and filling my border color then cut and paste, this will save alot of time....
[HOF]Mercenary
o_O
+53|6197
Thanks Entertayner, a little different, but that works in GIMP too
Home
Section.80
+447|6866|Seattle, Washington, USA

[HOF]Mercenary wrote:

Thanks Entertayner, a little different, but that works in GIMP too
I believe in Gimp (haven't used it in a while now) you can also put on a border by either going to Filters>Border or Script-fu>Border, or something like that.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard