voltage
+46|6842|Sweden
Have anyone posted this info?

http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=14052

"Hi all,

We are currently working on the next Battlefield 2 update. We believe this update has some significant improvements that everyone will appreciate. We’ve seen the discussions on the forum and will do our best to address as many issues as possible, as soon as possible.

Here is a quick run down of just some of the issues we have been working on.

- Helicopter now carry 8 missiles rather than 14
- TV-Guided missile now have a shorter range
- Hit points on all air vehicles has been reduced
- AA missile lock has been improved
- Support kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
- Sniper kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
- Anti-Tank kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
- "Dolphin Diving" is no longer possible
- Players can no longer jump and shoot at the same time
- "Prone Spamming" is now fixed
- "Sprint exploit" is now fixed
- The Sa80 weapon has been improved
- The G3A3 weapon has been improved
- Reload while sprinting has been enabled
- Chinese and MEC APCs can now shoot through penetrable materials
- Damage decreased for the M134
- Medic defibrillator paddles have been adjusted. They now reload while not in use.

We'll be announcing further additions to this list, but that will have to wait until the next update. This is NOT the complete list of items we are working on. As we have more items go through testing and we are sure of a change we will update you.

For now, cheers.

Armando "Aj" Marini
Battlefield Team"
Leonnoe1
+2|6726
I dunno. It seems like this is a complete list of fixes to the main gripes. It seems almost too good to be true. Personally, I don't see why the G3A3 needs improving.

Last edited by Leonnoe1 (2005-12-13 10:49:15)

Hyper_Dude
+5|6824|United Knigdom
Looks like Bunny Hopping and Dolphin Diving are gone, to be honest I thought they would never do it, but they have. Nice work from Dice.

Also, what is the Sprint Exploit and Prone Spamming? Never heard of those before!

Last edited by Hyper_Dude (2005-12-13 10:50:45)

elite
+89|6715|Sheffield, England
Oh thank god, the dolphin diving is going, im so glad, i hate people who just do that to survive, it really pisses me off
BurlySmurf
+1|6756|Nellis AFB
woot! That all sounds awesome. I wonder if you will still be able to knife from a jump. I hope they don't take that out since it is a pretty large part of knifing tactics.
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6759|06-01
is this for real or not?
please dont get my up hopes up for nothing. lol

sprint exploit what?
prone spamming what?
never heard those before.

Last edited by tthf (2005-12-13 10:53:43)

notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6748|The United Center
it is about fucking time.

i like all those fixes.  too many times have i been in a tank and avoided an attacking chopper only to have it turn tail and fire 6 more missiles up my ass.  air vehicles should have less hit points.  a direct hit from a SRAW should come damn near taking out a chopper, if not destroying it entirely.  AA missile lock improved...about fucking time.  dolphin diving and bunny hopping are being addressed.  the defibs recharging when put away...

the only thing im wondering about is the accuracy.  does this mean theyll be more or less accurate?  i think the sniper kit is perfect the way it is.  i also dont have any problems with support or anti-tank accuracy....those comments worry me.

everything else sounds awesome though.

any idea when itll be released?
deject
Got His War On
+37|6775|Golden, CO
what is this "prone spamming?"

looks like a good patch to me!
RedFiercare
The Kid
+2|6745
8 missles?  That seperates the pros from the noobs.  It takes 8 to kill a tank in my experience, 6 for an APC.  Looks like accuracy will be much more needed.
Kriznik
+0|6773
if this is serious... so:

they gonna ruin BF2 (except last medic one > pretty good) BUT

why reduce hit point? so we will not be able to destroy tank with antitank / tank or whatever ... ok or we should shoot 10times to single tank to destroy it? ... it sux
Kriznik
+0|6773
my fault i did not read AIR ...

so bombers will be practically undestroyable
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

Kriznik wrote:

why reduce hit point? so we will not be able to destroy tank with antitank / tank or whatever ... ok or we should shoot 10times to single tank to destroy it? ... it sux
i sincerely hope youre joking.

these fixes look to separate the skilled players from the bunny hoppers/dolphin divers/planeand chopper whores.

nowhere did it say about increasing armor hit points.
Bartonios
+0|6722|Folkestone, England
It will be interesting to see how the bunny hoppers and dolphin divers stats will be affected when they cant do it any more and have to play like everyone else.

Are the weapons having the accuracy adjusted being reduced or improved as ive never had too much problems with them???

Any idea how long till next update???
Kriznik
+0|6773
yes i fix myself in my second post

dolphin/bunny is ok to fix it, so 3 point for that patch is ok for me
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

Kriznik wrote:

wtf are you on?

anti-air has been IMPROVED.  this means it is BETTER.

hit points for air vehicles (bombers included) have been REDUCED.  this means it will take less hits to bring them down.
dobbs
Pawtucket Patriot
+0|6752|Cohog, RI

Kriznik wrote:

What the hell are you talking about, it said reduce AIR hit points.  Means it will take less to take down a heli.  Didnt say anything about tanks, god i wish people would read before bitching.

This patch is gonna kick ass!
Far
+22|6732|USA
Thats some awsome news right there!
Half the idiots playing today will have to relearn how to play... rotf
dop3man
I'm your pusher
+9|6738|yorkshire penisula
awesum patch by the looks of things.thank fuck for stoppin the goddamm prone jumpers!!!
should be good that all i know.
nitroglycerin [SWE]
+0|6728|Falsterbo Sweden
Finally this game is starting to become all sorted out.
deject
Got His War On
+37|6775|Golden, CO

Kriznik wrote:

Reduced hit points mean it will be easier to blow up.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

you know what i think...... its brilliant but i think maybe make bombs more powerful and make planes easy to shoot down (as it says in the patch) but the bombing is becoming tedious because the bombs arent strong enough one bomb should completely blow a tank out of the sky not two perfectly aimed one OR 5 bombs which dont hit the tank straight on. hit points on the tank should be reduced as well as they are pretty inderstructible (so if they do that then theres no need in increasing the bomb strength) ut if the tanks were more vulnerable then it would be a better game. brilliant the idea of not allowing people to shoot while jumping but can they still knife???? i think thats fair.
a_fraudulent_miracle
+7|6717|MoVal, Southern California
wow! This patch is gonna be pretty nifty. now that bunny hopping and dolphin diving will be gone, yes, it will separate the skilled players from the fricken n00bs who think they're all bad ass.

the medic fix sounds great. It was frustrating when you're in the heat of battle, you revive a fallen teammate, then switch to your primary weapon immediately, then when you want to revive someone else later on, you find yourself watching the reload animation for the defib and then someone kills you That revive you could have achieved makes a difference in battle.

Hmmm... they're making reloading while sprinting possible? I've always been able to do that, well at least while playing antitank. I can reload the eryx and run at the same time with no problem.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6830|Grapevine, TX
I guess all the reasons we are still talking about is why this game that I personally love, wasn't nominated for ANYTHING at the VGA's on Spike TV. I was just hoping to see it get mentioned at least, oh well...

I didn't see anything concerning connection errors, and the browser is slow to update servers on v1.12. Hope that gets tested too.

"I'm a bunny hunter"
wensleydale8
+81|6771|LEEDS!!!!!, Yorkshire
yes i agree the n00b tubers are nearly banished only if they could do sumat about it.
Dear God please let my karma one day reach 100, whether it be tomorrow or 1000 years in the future i want it to happen.
Barrakuda777
+86|6738|Somewhere near a shrub or rock
Best news EVAR!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard