Poll

new mouse

G5 (not cordless)59%59% - 36
MX1518 or w.e somethin like that40%40% - 25
Total: 61
crysis325
Banned
+10|6190
Help me try and find a good mouse im going out next week to buy one.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6352|Twyford, UK
Um. Links to info? Model names are complicated to remember, and my brain ain't wired for alphanumeric strings.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6447|Brisbane, Australia

G5, or one of those diamondback/razer etc ones.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6629|Gold coast, Aus.
G5.....I've had one for just over a year now, still as perfect as the day I got it.
David.P
Banned
+649|6281
Corded for sure! I have an MX500 it's great for bf2 2 should buttons help for voip(Never have to take my hand off the mouse or keyboard) The G5 has one less but the design is the same perfect for us big handed people.
Computer_Guy
+54|6704
Razer Copperhead
Kommander_Kale
Genetically Modified
+19|6423|Melbourne, Australia
G5 is the bomb! Adjustable weighting, on the fly sensitivity changing (perfect for rorsche in 2142) and great feel. Otherwise i've heard the deathadder is right up there with the G5. For gaming, look on further than these two.
Cobra4545
Jizz in my pants
+54|6486|Vancouver, USA
Are wireless mice not good for gaming.  I have one, and I seem to do okay, but do the gaming mice really make a difference?
jsnipy
+3,276|6530|...

i still use the MX1518, I like the two thumb buttons ... mice afterwards just came in short in the dept.
Kommander_Kale
Genetically Modified
+19|6423|Melbourne, Australia

Cobra4545 wrote:

Are wireless mice not good for gaming.  I have one, and I seem to do okay, but do the gaming mice really make a difference?
For the BF's the difference was there when i went from wireless to G5. Could do without it but it sure as hell makes it a nicer experience. For something like CSS, it makes all the difference. I think my gaming improved a lot when playing CSS as my snaps to the head were much quicker and more accurate. The comfort also meant i wasn't constantly lifting it off the mousepad or readjusting my hand position. Extremely reliable mouse.
crysis325
Banned
+10|6190
What if you have small hands not the G5?
Stun_Gun
The Tom Cruise of BF2 pilots
+102|6780|California, US
I have the G5 and works like a charm
Chou
+737|6798
I have the G7
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6837|Grapevine, TX

gene_pool wrote:

G5.....I've had one for just over a year now, still as perfect as the day I got it.
It's like a fine wine, it gets better with age
NaytdawgUK
+7|6206|essex, UK
saitek gaming usb mouse, it goes upto 3600 dpi in 4 stages, each stage has 2 modes so you can set a low sensitivity and a high to each, plus the saitek programming softwear, keystrokes and macro's are no problem

i had a raptor MR2 before, that was poop.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6627|Mhz

NaytdawgUK wrote:

saitek gaming usb mouse, it goes upto 3600 dpi in 4 stages, each stage has 2 modes so you can set a low sensitivity and a high to each, plus the saitek programming softwear, keystrokes and macro's are no problem

i had a raptor MR2 before, that was poop.
Where on earth did you pull 3600dpi from? Only Saitek mouse I know of is 1600dpi and not that great either

Of the 2 in the poll I'd get the mx518 as it's got more buttons than the G5, and it's no worse for use the dpi difference between it and a G5 make little to no difference.

Personal choice would be a Razer Copperhead, or a Diamondback if your on a tight budget. That or a Deathadder which I'm not so keen on but, other people love em.
NaytdawgUK
+7|6206|essex, UK
http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/gm3200.htm belive me i was shocked too, and in pissy weird (pc world) as well!

i only use the 800, mayby the 1600 on low settings once or twice for that really annoying half mile sniper shot on wake
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6627|Mhz

Ooh never seen that before, I'm not keen on how it looks but 3200dpi is really quite impressive I'd imagine it'd be too skittish to game with at the rate though.

1.7ms response time lets it down a bit, same as the G5, razers manage 1ms which kinda negates a lot of the dpi increase, not a bad mouse though.

Last edited by TheEternalPessimist (2007-05-28 13:46:56)

Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6640

http://www.creative.com/products/produc … duct=14489

I have this... It rocks Creative FTW
NaytdawgUK
+7|6206|essex, UK
i almost stopped playing cos my raptor MR2 was so poo, but this new mouse at £30 i might add, lotso f preety lights too, plus some sitcky backed high gloss paper accross the desk, and i can acctually make infantry kills again

a workman always blames his tools btw
rgraze
+6|6680
I have the mx518 on my desk top and the G5 on my XPS laptop. If any one can help I've searched and contacted logitech, my G5 when ever I start BF2 the sensitivity buttons dont work until I unplug and replug it in during the game? logitechs answer was that it must be the game.  I have to say the MX518 is better dont seem to have that problem.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6205|Winland

The MX518 is simply the best! I've had mine for about 10 months now, and it works GREAT! It's got lots and lots of buttons and is really the most comfortable mouse that I've bever used!

P.S. For people like me who has the nasty habit of picking, scratching and generally "pickling" on their stuff, I recommend the MX518... The Logitech mark on mine is all whorn out of my picking on it
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
williedyna
+7|6653
G5!

don't bother with anything else.  I had a Razer, the damn this was very tricky to dial in and the laser died/burned out/ quit/ I don't know, but what I do know is that it stopped working after 3 months.  After several attempts trying to get into contact with the company, and of course trying to return it to Best Buy, Nothing ever came of it..  Not even a response from Razor----  I know this is rambleing, but after spending $80 on a mouse, that only worked for 3 months ... I'm still pissed.
sidneysmut
Banned
+13|6599
i've got small hands for 6 feet two inches of pure british beef, but the g5 has been awesome!

i have the left mouse wheel switch as primary weapon, right mouse wheel switch as grenades. the left hand button on the side of the mouse for your left thumb as prone.

but it is the customising too. the weight, pick what all the buttons do, adjust the speed in game - slow for sniping, quicker for spinning that turret round and round! awesome, awesome mouse!

Last edited by sidneysmut (2007-05-28 14:47:27)

NaytdawgUK
+7|6206|essex, UK
so basicly the same as my saitek, it all depends do you want the name, and the extra few bucks spent?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard