mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6651

I was just a casual gamer and I'd play this game off and on. But these past few weeks I've been extremely addicted. When I'm not in class, eating dinner or lunch, or working, I'm playing this game. I can't stop thinking about it. In fact I desperately want to play right now, but I have homework due tomorrow that'll take me a while. I know that once I finish my homework I can play... but here I am browsing the forum and checking my stats, dying to play. Yesterday I had a midterm (20% of my grade) for one of my classes and I didn't know crap about it and I spent the majority of the weekend playing BF2 and didn't wind up studying until Sunday afternoon. Plus I've become a bit of a hermit now. My weekends consist of half-assedly doing homework as quickly as possible, maybe watching a movie, but 90% of the time is spent playing BF2. As soon as I'm done with class on Friday I get up to my dorm room and start playing, maybe take a break for dinner later on, then get back on and play some more til way late at night. Then Saturday it's wake up around noon or 1pm, eat breakfast, then play BF2 all day. Same thing for Sunday except not as much since I have racked in the homework.

Typing this out has finally made me realize how addicted I am. Plus I feel like such a loser. I can't believe this. I've never played shitty WoW, but I imagine this is how they feel. Maybe I'm just burnt out from school and I can't wait for the summer, I bet that has a small impact.

I really need to quit this...
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6527

play guildwars XD
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6548|Scotland
Yeah im the same, trust me, i am the EXACT same as you... but listen to me RIGHT now, its a computer game, school IS more important... i made the annoying mistake of relasing this later on, you still have a chance, trust me... its not worth it.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6627|Washington, DC

Sounds like me a few months ago, and like me now. Only isntead of BF2 it's either chatting on IRC or CoH or CnC3.

And I only played on weekends, since I wasn't allowed to play on weekdays. I've never had many friends either, but that's mainly because I suck at making them. Yay for trying to be a  good person all your life and then being smacked in the face with the inability to make friends while everyone who was an asshole lives the good life =/
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6716|Scotland
I feel you man.

It's all about willpower. It's really hard to put in the effort knowing you're not playing, but trust me just put in this last burst of effort for the exams. After that, BF2 24/7
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6548|Scotland

Hurricane wrote:

Sounds like me a few months ago, and like me now. Only isntead of BF2 it's either chatting on IRC or CoH or CnC3.

And I only played on weekends, since I wasn't allowed to play on weekdays. I've never had many friends either, but that's mainly because I suck at making them. Yay for trying to be a  good person all your life and then being smacked in the face with the inability to make friends while everyone who was an asshole lives the good life =/
Lol, know what you mean, all the dicks from school get all the good stuff.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6737|OctoLand
Sounds like me about 1 3/4 years ago.
I know fucking karate
Hurricane
Banned

White-Fusion wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

Yeah, I have more e-friends than real friends. Kinda sad. Not looking forward to this summer, since I'll basically be playing video games, going to the gym, and possibly working. So much for the "best years of your life" =/
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6496|so randum
How old are you guys? If you have problems makin mates, try goin to bars, clubs etc. You meet tons of people there.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6548|Scotland

Hurricane wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

Yeah, I have more e-friends than real friends. Kinda sad. Not looking forward to this summer, since I'll basically be playing video games, going to the gym, and possibly working. So much for the "best years of your life" =/
I work now, its cool, i have good mates from before bf2, so thats cool. ill quit gaming one day and get a life.
Hurricane
Banned

fatherted13 wrote:

How old are you guys? If you have problems makin mates, try goin to bars, clubs etc. You meet tons of people there.
I totally pass for a 21 year old.

And at least for me, I'm not exaggerating when I say it's nigh impossible for me to make friends. Look up "social anxiety" some time, I think I have a mild case of it. I'm no MD in psychiatry but I wouldn't be surprised if I had it, since I basically fit what would be a mild case of SA.
ARCHANGEL1941
Hell Yeah I Suck Toes!!!
+14|6193|Cali
You want this don't do?...Yes... Good... Give in to your feelings...It is your destiny.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6635|Montreal, Qc, Canada
We all got this feeling man, dont worry its just normal
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6651

Strangely enough, when summer came around last year, I didn't touch BF2 at all. Maybe played for a few days at the beginning and then quit for a few months.

I think I'm just playing so much because my brain has been on overload lately. 3 quarters of intense university classes is taking its toll on me. Last year I fared much better, but now I'm moving on to the upper division stuff. Though I enjoy my major (engineering woot!) it's still very difficult and I'm just not a very motivated person. In high school I got by with nearly straight As without studying at all, it was too easy. Now college comes around and I study and everything, but when summer is just a month away, it's really hard to bring myself to do it now.
im_in_heaven
+27|6584
if your still doing homework then your not that addicted.
san4
The Mas
+311|6685|NYC, a place to live
I feel the most desperate need to play BF2 when there is something I don't want to think about. BF2 is very engaging and pushes all other thoughts out of my head. Kind of like Zen meditation, except with killing.

Hurricane wrote:

And at least for me, I'm not exaggerating when I say it's nigh impossible for me to make friends. Look up "social anxiety" some time, I think I have a mild case of it. I'm no MD in psychiatry but I wouldn't be surprised if I had it, since I basically fit what would be a mild case of SA.
It's not too difficult to cure that with professional help. Seriously.
Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6724|Germany

Give your BF2 DVD toyour girlfriend (or someone else who takes care of you) and tell her not to give it back for like 2 weeks. Best thing you can do if you have a problem with that game.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6562|England

Meh, we all have our moments. Ive played about 2-3hours of BF2 in the last week or so. But Ive gone on sessions of 10+hours in a day before now. I always put RL first. I have the mentality that I mentally cannot go to an exam unprepared or turn down a night out for BF2, or any computer related game or thing. Ever.
Although, im totally addicted to facebook (and revising for exams!) at the moment, so

It all depends on, as Airwolf said, your willpower and how much you really wana get through life. Ive lost a good 2 years to gaming (although there are reasons behind it). If you can avoid it being "full time", do it. Trust me.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6703|67.222.138.85

Andoura wrote:

We all got this feeling man, dont worry its just normal
No, it's not.

I would suggest giving your disk 1 to someone you trust, and telling them to keep it for a few weeks. Go out, have fun, exercise to relieve stress, whatever.
Nenad1234BGD
+16|6419
Actually - meet a girl. That is how I quit for a number of months last year.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6496|so randum

Nenad1234BGD wrote:

Good one. actually works. Girls keep you busy, one way or another..
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
simmy.uk
+117|6434
About to start a university course so i'll be moving away. My laptop won't be able to play BF2. So i guess my playing days will be over for afew months....if not forever.

BF2 is a good game, but don't neglect your studies for your gaming time. Leave the 2 days of not eating, sleeping, peeing for the WOW junkies. BF2 there is a start and a finish to BF2 and stats mean nothing.

Just make sure you do well in your exams. Even if you have a year or 2 off after them, if you do well you always have the option of doing further studies later on.
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6548|Scotland
I dont have problems meeting people, i live in the middle of no where, and im 16, so theres not much to do until im 18 and i can move.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6651

Snake wrote:

I have the mentality that I mentally cannot go to an exam unprepared or turn down a night out for BF2, or any computer related game or thing. Ever.
I'm the same way. So I work hard the night before, but even that's not good enough. I didn't have this problem earlier though; my previous two quarters I'd study plenty in advance. And I also never turn down hanging out with friends or going out, but lately I've been holed up in my room and my friends are also busy too. The end of the school year is a busy time. But when summer rolls around, there'll be plenty of time to hang out and party it up and go out and have fun, so I won't be on BF2 too much.

Nenad1234BGD wrote:

Last summer I met a girl and didn't play videogames at all.... but then she got boring and my mistress, the PS2, was calling me. I had to break up with her because I found Ratchet & Clank more entertaining than her after a while. She'd just want to go see shitty movies (Beer Fest was the last straw) and not really do anything else...
Jameseyy
Banned
+108|6224|Scotland!

Hurricane wrote:

fatherted13 wrote:

I totally pass for a 21 year old.

I thought that too till I went out and made friends and realised it was all in my head and I was making a mountain out of a molehill. Unless you're fat or horrible at making conversation, making friends is easy, if you have to, just find a WOW nerd and mention epic mounts to em and they'll never stfu.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard