Poll

FF on, When you get a tk for claymore what do you do?

Spam "Thanks, I owe you one"34%34% - 8
Spam "Sorry"26%26% - 6
Start bitching in chat21%21% - 5
Log out and find another server17%17% - 4
Total: 23
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6675|USA
I spam "Thanks I owe you one" until it blocks me for 30 seconds.

What do you do?
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6645

Whers the "I dont give a shit whether I get a TK for a claymore kill" option?
cMD-RR
+17|6300

Gooners wrote:

Whers the "I dont give a shit whether I get a TK for a claymore kill" option?
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6733|Scotland
Null Vote:

I do fuck all. Their fault, can't say anything else.
Janysc
+59|6696|Norway
I say "sorry" in the speech-chat thing. C'est tout.
Anfidurl
Use the bumper, that's what its for!
+103|6606|Lexington, Kentucky
Depends on one thing: if they punish or not.

If they punish, I chew them out over chat for their own stupidity.
If they don't punish, I apologize.
Shadovve
+10|6616|Columbus, OH
I usually just find another server.  I know it's not realistic for your claymores to be able to tell friend from foe, but There are just far too many idiots that can't see the warning indicator on thier screen, and will run over them left and right, then punish because it's your fault that they walked over your claymore.  If players are going to be too dumb to avoid them, then I want the FF off on Claymores.

Typical Scenario

Hey look the red skull.  I wonder where the claymore is.  I think I will sprint around and look for it.
<BOOM>  There it is.  Damnit, now I am dead  <Page Up>
Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6741|Germany

I don't use claymores?
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6339|England

Anfidurl wrote:

Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6652|Montreal, Qc, Canada
i just do a kick vote and tell him on the chat : UR A FKN N()()B

and continue my owning round
Jameseyy
Banned
+108|6241|Scotland!
I don't get TK's for claymores becuase I'm not the kind of noob who spams them around. If you use a claymore you deserve to lose 2 points.
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6570|Brisbane, Aus

I say sorry once cause I know they've auto punished.

FF off FTW.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6640|Warlord
It's IFF by the way (Identify Friend or Foe) not FF (Friendly Fire). Even when clays/mines tell the difference between your team and the enemy you'll still normally kill one of your teammates if they're unlucky enough to be in the blast zone.

Anyway, it depends on a few things. If I didn't know IFF is off and I kill someone because I put the claymore down in the open (covering a flag or flag access) then I spam "Sorry!" and don't sweat the punish that's usually going to happen regardless.

If I know IFF is off then I will only put them in 'safe' places (covering my back or something like that), just not use them or switch to another kit entirely. On that kind of server if I have a clay in a spot like top of a ladder and some guy on my team gets killed and then punishes instantly he's immediately marked as a noob or an asshole IMB. I've even had guys kill themselves a second time in the same spot; the kind of thing that really makes you wonder about some people. Now the first time they might not have known IFF is off themselves of course (not like we can see this as a server setting) but the second time???

On the other hand you still see this from people you know have been in the round a while, or were on the same server the previous game (more than one even), so you'd expect they'd have picked up on what's what by a certain point; even if you didn't get caught by a clay or made the mistake yourself like, duh, pay attention to death messages... gameplay 101.

What really gets me though is the total out-of-the-blue accident that still gets insta-punished. I was playing the other day on Ghost Town with IFF off, SAS had the entire map and the whole team were shooting into the Spetsnaz uncap, spawn raping etc., generally trying to prevent breakouts. I put my second clay down to protect a transit point to the west bridge and one of my guys crosses into enemy territory and homes in right on the red skull and crossbones like it's candy and he has a sweet tooth. Now it's not like the punish makes any difference usually but that kind of thing really steams me... like it was put there on the enemy side of the map just to kill you buddy

Jameseyy wrote:

I don't get TK's for claymores becuase I'm not the kind of noob who spams them around. If you use a claymore you deserve to lose 2 points.
Way to be shortsighted Jamesey. Simply using claymore doesn't make you a noob/nubcake or whatever (any more than using the GL as an anti-infantry weapon does, or C4 traps/flag defence); only using claymores in certain ways (i.e. your first point, spamming them) is cheap.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6675|USA

Jameseyy wrote:

And I LOL @ your sig after reading that comment.

I throw grenades on dead bodies just for you.
Frognipples
+1|6205|Swampland

Anfidurl wrote:

Ditto
TheSkrapper
+7|6211
Being a fairly new player, this is something that I can relate with on both sides.  When I was noobing and trying to learn the game, my first few servers must have been with Friendly Fire = 0 and I got use to running over the red skull.  Then later I got confused why sometimes I could get really close to the red skull and  other times it seemed to blow me up from 10 meters away.  I finally learned that this was a server variable. 

I don't know if there is a separate server setting for claymores but I DO SEE a "Friendly Fire" server variable when I am selecting servers.  I now conciously make note of this setting when I log onto a server because it can really affect the way that you play that round.  If I am in a Sniper mood then I usually try to get one where FF = 0 so I don't have to deal with noobs wasting my clays or blaming me for their death.

I always forgive players that TK me unless they are aiming and shooting at me on purpose or chucking nades into our own spawn point.  If I see a teammate TKing my buddies on purpose, I will not hesitate to head shot them.  Losing one ticket is better than losing 3.  If I die by a friendly clay then I call myself a noob and forgive them.

When I notice I have TKed I always try to say "Sorry ... I messed up"
but when it comes to clays ... I think they also need to add "Sorry ... that you are a noob"
because that would get used alot.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard