Poll

What do you do when your main gun runs dry in a fight?

Swap to the knife6%6% - 14
Swap to the handgun67%67% - 137
Swap to grenades1%1% - 3
Reload your main gun11%11% - 24
Use a kit's secondary weapon (AT rocket, C4, n00b tube)2%2% - 6
Accidently swap to med pack/ammo bag/wrench8%8% - 18
Total: 202
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6325|Australia
If you're shooting at someone, and they're shooting back, what do you do if you suddenly run dry?
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6563|Area 51
Swap to handgun. If all else fails, so that means my nades that went in first, then my main gun and then my handgun I will switch to either knive of shockpaddles (As I mostly play medic). But in 90% of the cases I would have been dead or allready have killed the oppenent when I have reached the ''swap to handgun'' phase.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6705|67.222.138.85
Pistol, unless I'm assault then GL or AT rocket if AT.

I like the accidental swap choice
JoshCooper
+20|6327|Stoke
swap to meh handgun nd hope tht i did enough damage to kill him in 1
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6525|Belgium

Usually swap to pistol, sometimes to knife. Or sometimes just bunnyhop the crap out of me till main gun is reloaded.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6630

Dpends, If I see the idiot is barely hitting me. Ill pull out my knife, otherwise Ill switch to my pistol/handgun.
And if Im AT Ill switch to SMG, because when I use that kit my AT Rocket is my primary
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6346|Belfast
pistol FTW
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6718|Scotland
I voted handgun. But if they are in close proximity then it's the knife. I heart knives
jgrahl
+4|6688
Usually when I run out of ammo I end up dying.  I almost always accidentally switch to something unusable. In the case that I don't die immediately, I go to hand gun.  If I am close enough and my enemy is reloading, then there is a small chance I might pull out my knife.  I have a good success rate with the knife fights.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6645
All of the above depending on the situation.
Brasso
+1,549|6628

Knife if they're close, pistol for medium range.  I reload if they haven't seen me yet and I've got some cover nearby.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Jameseyy
Banned
+108|6226|Scotland!
pistol, prone, ironsight and mad spammy clicking till he's dead
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

I use my pistol and hope for the best.
If you throw an ammo bag he might think you're being generous and drop his guard, then BAM! knife in the eye.
HURLEY
Ima Crunchatize you.
+170|6681|The Lou
lol, i love when people accidently throw the medic bag at me while i kill them.
Leprechaun56
Proud Infantry Whore
+31|6582|U.S.A
Reload, unless they are really close, or when there is no cover. then i would go to the pistol or knife.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6679|Disaster Free Zone
All of the above, but usually pistol.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6764|UK
Swap to hand gun or get in cover and reload main gun.
l41e
+677|6646

If assault, infantry at >75m: grenade launcher.
If infantry at close range or with me in sights: pistol.
Everything else: reload.

Edit: If anti-tank, healthy tank with me in sights: bye. I'm out of there.

Last edited by k30dxedle (2007-05-12 11:25:42)

Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6692|Howell, Mi USA
Depends on the kit, most of the time i switch to pistol. If im sniper ill run around a corner and drop a claymore. Then theres the times ill try n switch to pistol but accidently switch my main gun to single shot
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
aLi3nZ
+138|6505|New Zealand
It depends on the situation.

If there is more then 1 enemy in CQC I will swap to knife and start using the prone-crouch technique while stabbing at the enemy. That way I am more difficult to hit then trying to shoot with pistol.

If the enemy is mid range I will swap to pistol and finish them off then reload.

If there is more then 1 enemy around at mid range and I have little or no cover I might spam nades.

In short, your poll is fucked there is way to many variables it is impossible to answer.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6466
pull out my sidearm or bunnyhop to cover
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

Although it would make the game very unbalanced, it would be good if the USMC SpecOps and SEAL's carried a 12-gauge for a secondary like they do sometimes in real life, then you wouldn't have to worry as much when you primary runs out.

Last edited by M.O.A.B (2007-05-12 11:56:09)

UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6686|"The Empire"
Pistol, I have however tried many times to kill someone with medic/ammo pack and =

/Fail
stunt-shepherd
howay-the-lads
+8|6260
i mostly fuck up and die
Weh-Weh
DUDE
+2|6196|Reno, NV
Use my wonderful hot key to quit the game immediately. LOL. Just kidding. I'd probably use the above tactics. Pistol does wonders. If you're kamikaze and using the spec ops just toss one, hop around to avoid a few shots then BOOMSHAKALA! Take someone down with you or a few of em if you're lucky.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard