mKmalfunction
Infamous meleeKings cult. Est. 2003 B.C.
+82|6571|The Lost Highway
Balloons fall from the ceiling...

Congratulations, you're the millionth person to post a "I quit bf2 'cos of hacks" threads.

And they're still lame.
Slickfish
+24|6655
I agree bf2 has more cheaters than many are prepared to admit.

Yeah there are people alot better than me out there, but there's also game phyics making some of the thing's I've seen done impossible, and you know if you say anything it will be straight in a sig on a forum.

I've been accused of using a aimbot before, it happens you get lucky, but sometime's a cheat is the only explination.

My main gripe with bf2 is stacked servers, I know naturally servers that dont randomise will become one sided. But when you try to point it out you get flamed, the guys who are high ranked and like to sit on one side owning the hell out the other team are to me the true noobs.

It's cronic since 2142 came out, I think I've had 2 or 3 rounds where its been a close faught round, all the rest its been so one sided. I've been on the winning and losing side, both suck you you get own'd or very little to shoot at.

That is spoiling the game for me, I will still play for the so rare balanced rounds that make the game worth playing.

If anyone knows a server that is balanced most of the time can you post me the IP.
AmbassadorofPain
+34|6688|Devil's Perch

Pea....Tear.....Griffen wrote:

I encountered my first wall hax today, grenades started flying out of the hotel at me and my squad at kark as we were capping it......WTF!?!?
That's not a hack, it's a glitch.
Remember:
glitch: a programmer at DICE and probably the beta testers screwed up
hack: someone bought a program that helps them screw you up

About hacks in BF2... yes, I have seen them in action, but there's only 3 or 4 occasions in about 1600 hours of total ranked playing I am totally sure about. Two were aimbots/wallhacks (one of the the guys belongs to a group that publically made and sold them, before BF2 for other games already), the other two were commander hacks.
They do exist, but definitely not to the extent some people would love to have them quite obviously, because that would be a more comforting explanation than the simple truth: they aren't as good as they think they are.

On a totally unrelated sidenote, I do not understand why people keep bringing up Project Reality in discussions about vanilla BF2 and official expansions/boosters. From my personal point of view, PR uses the engine of BF2, nothing more. The games aren't much alike at all. PR is far ahead in realism, but that is not what everybody wants. I am not a camper, but that mod made me camp a lot, because sooner or later you just get fuckin tired of dying, waiting 35 seconds to respawn and than walking across half the bloody map just to die again on the way to your next objective. As far as teamwork is concerned, I still think one can actually find the same level of teamwork by joining good squads on vanilla/SF pubs, of course not on every server and at any time, but from what I can tell, you might as well end up in a clueless nublet squad in PR, EoD or any other mod.
I consider PR a quite boring and frustrating experience. I am not interested in experiencing war-like situations at my computer, I want to have some good old-fashioned fun, join a server, kill a few people, die a few times and maybe play two or three fast-paced, action-focused rounds, not wait until my hair turns grey before anything exciting happens. From my point of view, PR adresses the America's Army community by far more than the actual BF2 community.
Proud member of a dead community.
Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6359|105 RVK
Ok every guy that u think that hacks, compare him to this guy, I've seen him, its sick how he gets 100-2 a round on Inf only: http://bf2s.com/player/17139150/

Last edited by Missionless (2007-04-27 08:49:26)

Flex
Flex Appeal
+18|6501|NY

Missionless wrote:

Ok every guy that u think that hacks, compare him to this guy, I've seen him, its sick how he gets 100-2 a round on Inf only: http://bf2s.com/player/17139150/
yes lucid is a well known hacker who has escaped EA's ban hammer.
Tripp
I wanna be on you
+116|6558|So Cal

docnutz wrote:

Why can't u nubs go quietly??????????
Jameseyy
Banned
+108|6259|Scotland!

Missionless wrote:

Yeah and he stat pads on k/p servers all day, so he can fuck himself.

Last edited by Jameseyy (2007-04-27 09:07:26)

Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6597|England

In almost 1000hours, I have come across two hackers. One was the car drop (hundreds of them on Dalian) and a dude with a TV who could take you out even when you flew up to 500+ feet up.

Other than that - nothing.
Just because somebody gets taken out by a "special shot" people go all out accusing of hacks, especially on the higher ranked players. Ive been accused a good few times in the past few weeks and I just have to laugh at all of the "insecure kids who dont know how to play"
Vonlefteye
+4|6570
There are alot of hackers - if you don't see em then you are either
1 Very lucky
2 Play Great Server/s
3 Full of shit and most probably one of them
PR is the way forward I think - I haven't played it yet but i've spoken to a friend who has it and its the bollocks - no kids no hax, the way it should be.by all accountsits a bit harder and you have torely more on team work hence the title I guess.
Simon
basically
+838|6689|UK

Missionless wrote:

Hes a hacker.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6597|England

Vonlefteye wrote:

1 Very lucky
2 Play Great Server/s
3 Full of shit and most probably one of them
1) Maybe

2) I dont play Wake, karkfuck or an vanilla city maps - so yes, they are great servers
^ ^ I believe that that is probably why I dont come across any actually.

3) Do I have to even answer that?
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6301
I've been accused of hacking heaps of times. In both BF2 and 2142. Seriously, just accept other people are better than you. I can think of only 2 occasions where i've been certain someone was hacking, and one was in 2142. In both occasions the guy was tracking people and locking onto others that were behind walls and he was doing it in plain sight.

And thats in a combined time of about 600ish hours. So stop accusing people of cheating. Because they're not, they're better than you.
DivineMomentofTruth
+88|6473
I think people most people are ignorant to how much of a problem cheating really is in this game. Sure at the beginning and about a year after it came out hackers were pretty rare besides the occasional commander hack of course. But there HAS been a surge of botters or people with tag hacks and general bs since the last couple of  patches. The reason people don't realize that this cheating is going on is because most of the time the hackers are either smart enough not to get too suspicious of a ratio or simply suck too much the game dominate. If you play on a daily basis on 64 kark servers I'm willing to bet that you will run into at least one hacker a day, discreet or not discreet. I wouldn't be surprised if there were at least 2 hackers in every 64 player kark server out there at one time.

Snake the fact that you barely seen a hacker in over 1000 hours is pretty alarming and can only be explained by:

1.) You don't play alot of IO or Karkand IO(tends to attract more hackers)
2.) Your skill level is too low to differentiate between what is possible and what is not without enhancement
3.) You're just ignorant without reason
4.) Stay out of 64 player servers(also attract more cheaters)
5.) Lucky

Well couldn't really come up with any more good reasons for you not to have come across the botters that have been rampant since the last couple of patches. I suggest you search youtube for some SVD botting videos and you will see what me and other people are talking about. SVD bots have been pretty common a couple months ago. G36e botters also come to mind.

Last edited by DivineMomentofTruth (2007-04-27 12:04:28)

Papatango7
+4|6256|Nashville, TN

Flex wrote:

Missionless wrote:

yes lucid is a well known hacker who has escaped EA's ban hammer.
Looks like they caught up to him just clicked on link say's he has less than 100 global points.
Rabbit.v2
Banned
+186|6560|stalker.
There is alot of hackers out there, trust me
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6740|England. Stoke
There are certainly more hackers than a lot of people think. I used play with at least 3 people who I always thought may be hacking but just dismissed it, then they said they all had name tag hacks and had been using them for sometime...
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6698

aLi3nZ wrote:

point...click
QFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SVD, high-end graphics card, large LCD screen, ownage even against the L96.
-Leeds-Lad-
+15|6265|Leeds, WestYorkshire
towards the end of desert combat on 1942 before bf2, more and more cheaters appeard
reaper_654
confused??
+36|6327|ohio,USA
lol go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im sick of people makeing these gay threads YOU DON"T LIKE THE GaME DONT PLAY IT simple
ReTox
+100|6530|State of RETOXification
Eliminating cheaters from any game = trying to pick up shit by the clean end.

In BF2 at least they don't really bother me.  There is enough real estate that I can still get top scores and usually do better than the people I suspect are cheating. 

It's a thing called experience... FTW!
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6577
Just change servers. Or become a jet whore. If your good enough in the jet no "hack" will save their weak ass.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6689|California
Have you ever noticed, when your in a server and there's lots of lag...

But nobody has real high ping....

Someone's using a hack...

IMHO.
Rabbit.v2
Banned
+186|6560|stalker.

HeavyMetalDave wrote:

Have you ever noticed, when your in a server and there's lots of lag...

But nobody has real high ping....

Someone's using a hack...

IMHO.
Nah, its when that [teamkills]-random nub comes up.
octothorpe
+2|6248
Nice video with the SVD, but it does not cover what I was talking about.  This was close quarters.  As in like 5 feet away.   It was a diving multiple headshot vs 2 people who were in different stances before the two of us could put him down and we knew he was coming.  Was pretty sad.   Especially since like I stated, he didn't even seem to be that great of a player just an insanely accurate shooter.  Which personally throws up a lot of flags to me.

No, I don't think everyone that is better than me is a cheater.  I don't say hacker because most of them are script kiddiots that just download tools made by others.  I have seen some that defy logic though.  There are a LOT of people that are better than me at this game.  I never even claimed to be good.  If you read my post though, you will see my main gripe is with glitches and balance.   My main beef is the balance of air on some maps when you have good pilots on the opposing force.  There just aren't enough air vehicles for everyone and no real way for the ground pounders to do anything to them.  And that's if your side doesn't lose your airfield(example Wake as chinese) Throw in a single cheater on a map you are being raped on and the one time you escape spawn death, you die in situations that shouldn't happen.  It's frustrating.  Watching missiles fly straight through a plane heading right at you who bombs you without trouble is frustrating.  Watching planes outrun missiles as they go out of sight is frustrating.  Watching missiles go out of their way to avoid a plane so they can get behind it to try to attack the heat source instead of tracking straight to it and hitting the plane along the way is frustrating.  These are what is truly game breaking to me.

BTW.  Nice shooting with the first medic unlock.  I used to love that gun when I first unlocked it.  I couldn't kill a soul with the AK or the M16.  Now, I can't hit the side of a barn with the L86A1 and have my best rounds with the AK.  *shrug*
im_in_heaven
+27|6619

Pubic wrote:

What can I say, theres just way too many cheats floating round and its ruining the game for me.  I swear, I almost can't go a single round without seeing evidence of it now...repeated long-range L85A1 headshots by the same guy, rockets shooting out of the ground, you name it.  Its just no fun.

It was never like this in BF1942, what the hell did you do DICE?
Rockets shooting out of the ground? doubt that.  In over 700hours of play i can count the amount of "real" cheaters ive seen playing the game on both my hands. I think people need to stop whining and just play the game. Supposedly everyone in bf2 is a cheater according to most people. I think you were just getting owned by an l85 in single shot mode.

Last edited by im_in_heaven (2007-04-27 15:11:06)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard