Des.Kmal
+917|6588|Atlanta, Georgia, USA

stryyker wrote:

EA is probably quite happy with their Battlefield franchise.

Lets look at it this way, when was the last time a patch came out for BF2? I doubt severely that another one will ever be made. Same with 2142. They will patch it occasionally for the next 6 months, and then leave it for dead to promote the bigger and better products of tomorrow. Economics outweighs any opinions im afraid.
truth, and it makes me very sad. this is my first online game(bf2) probably my last(unless EA/DICE can make a bf3 that is like bf2. which trhey wont) so idk,

imo, i would love to see a bf3, that is the first release of bf2, remember eags thread?
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85

leetkyle wrote:

It was Number 1 for several times and has been in the Top 10 for a lot of times.
It has half the most people ever playing at once compared to BF2 on gamemonitor, and I know it was never #1 for xfire hours.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6609|Montreal, Qc, Canada
dont worry they know all that.... thats why they dont care about bf2 anymore they want 2142 to be more popular.... but yes they do realize that bf2 still is more popular and more played than
Commando
+8|6572
EA only care about the game thats costs more on the shelves, just like they should. They would be stupid to devote resources to BF2, a game that should be way past its used by date. Its better to spend money developing a new game then spending time on something thats already super successful and passed all expectations.

When you think about it, how hard must it of been to try improve on something thats already the best? BF2 is a game for the ages, and will probably be the benchmark for years to come for EA. Overall, I think BF2142 was a good success for them and their sales figures would of been realistic. You just couldn't compare it to BF2 sales figures
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6464|N. Ireland

iMPaCT.uK wrote:

yup, i hope EA takes onboard whats happened here and decide that supporting a current game is more effective than spamming more games trying to get $$$...
Loooooooooooooooooool. I'm sorry, but EA will never do that. Nor will any company! All they are interested in cash (and rightly so!), and 2142 gave them millions. Also, one forum isn't going to change the entire basis of a game that is proven to work and sell.
Slickfish
+24|6594
I like 2142 and I like bf2, up to now I've found tha players on 2142 much more pleasant.

I prefer the way 2142 plays, loving the fact the jets have gone(I know alot of people like the jets but I hate them in bf2), and vehicles have a harder time, it reduce's the whore's. For me they have learnt from all there bf2 cock ups, eng's can fight vehicles with a chance and even the gunship!!.

I do prefer bf2 for the depth and the fact its more real reality based weapons, but for me 2142 beats it for game play.

The point about you getting bored of 2142 is well seen, it does need more depth to the ranking and unlock system, I think that is a huge downfall to 2142, and perhaps one of the reasons its not as played as bf2.

Last edited by Slickfish (2007-04-24 01:39:34)

TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6410|Brisbane, Australia

Slickfish wrote:

I like 2142 and I like bf2, up to now I've found tha players on 2142 much more pleasant.

I prefer the way 2142 plays, loving the fact the jets have gone(I know alot of people like the jets but I hate them in bf2), and vehicles have a harder time, it reduce's the whore's. For me they have learnt from all there bf2 cock ups, eng's can fight vehicles with a chance and even the gunship!!.

I do prefer bf2 for the depth and the fact its more real reality based weapons, but for me 2142 beats it for game play.

The point about you getting bored of 2142 is well seen, it does need more depth to the ranking and unlock system, I think that is a huge downfall to 2142, and perhaps one of the reasons its not as played as bf2.
Exactly. As shallow and omg i care about my statz! as it sounds, I think I will be playing a lot less once I hit brig general.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
firebug
+1|6206|England
I think it's great that 2142 hasn't killed off BF2 and both games can coexist. Variety is the spice of life, etc
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6548|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

RoosterCantrell wrote:

Roger Lesboules wrote:

After bf2 it will be bf 3142 of course!
Wrong.   1142.   Crossbows, throwing spears, flaming arrows, catapults, trebuchet strikes, alchemists! yay!
1142 eh!...Id love to see that...it remind me of that 1942 mod where it was world war 1...Was nice!
Tdog2007
Giggity Giggity
+25|6683|US
u know if they make a bf3 in modern day like bf2, and put the kit customization like in 2142, i think they'd have one hell of a game...

Edit: except they'd have to make it 2 unlocks per rank or something so people dont get pissed like they did in 2142 (or like it used to be, dunno if they changed that).

Last edited by Tdog2007 (2007-04-24 10:58:17)

Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6520|UK

2142 suites me so much better, its more a tactical game, and the win of the round or indeed individual fire fights goes to the best aim or who sees the other guy first, not who can dive the quikest.  That was my problem with bf2, everyone is a fuckin acrobat I mean seriously........

Martyn
golgoj4
+51|6745|North Hollywood
ok, some quick thoughts.

If bf2 is the more popular title, why not capitolize on that instead of pouring $$ into an existing product which u know to be shite. True the new on is more expensive, but you have a base for bf2 extras growing by the day. I suppose it could be dicey, because you dont want to undercut sales of the new title, but im sure some mba @ ea games could figure that out. This IS a polished mod and not much else. After playing it a few times, i decided to stick with bf2 (even tho like a dumbass i pre-ordered it...anyone want my key?) I just think they could better serve their stockholders and customers by looking at the numbers out there and releasing the appropriate products.
Zukabazuka
+23|6656
I wouldn't really call it a mod, The only thing that's the same is the engine and gameplay. Other than that the rest is recreated.

EA focus on their product that has a good sell, so expect that the game to get more support than former game. Skip their sports game they just release those every year. What I recall they said they where really happy when BF2142 was done.

Then not everyone use Xfire.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6256|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

leetkyle wrote:

They did nothing wrong with 2142. You don't like it? Oh well, but millions do.
There is only 0.5 million registered users in BF2142 Please get the info right before posting
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard