RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6566|Oxford

Kmarion wrote:

The old continental powers are still far from forgiving us for supplanting them in the strategic arena. The primary goal has been to prove that the United States is as cruel and corrupt as they themselves have been. When your heritage is genocide, wars of aggression, or cowardly surrender the record of the United States can be pretty hard to bear. The old powers cannot avoid measuring themselves against us, but the disparities they discover are so great that Europe's Moral delinquents can not help but comfort themselves with lies about our clumsiness, our violence, and our crudity. Perhaps they should stop and ask themselves how could such a pathetic mediocrities built the richest, most powerful exemplary society in history.

From the last time we went over this.

Of course my opinion listed above is only part of the reason.

Method as far as the Palestinians, maybe you should stop and consider who designed the borders in that area to start with.
Europe just grew up and got over its warmongering. The US will do so too as it evolves. We're like your older brother; we've made our mistakes and now we're watchong you make yours. Perhaps that's why we're so critical.

Last edited by RicardoBlanco (2007-04-22 11:50:31)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

lowing wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

lowing wrote:

I am sure jealousy was not one of the words in his post. How about the fact that America has done more for the world in 250 years, than Europe has done for it combined. So I say jealousy.
I disagree, I'm not jealous of what the US has done for the world and I doubt Cam is either. That said though, neither of us are anti-American, although I have a feeling some of you would make out otherwise seeing as liberal = un/anti-American.

EDIT: I also disagree with that the US has done more for the world.
Has there been a continuous 100 years in history where you EU folks were not killing each other in attempts to grab land??

You can say you are not anti-American if ya want. But cut me some slack, you hate our govt. you hate our capitalist society, you hate us owning guns when it is at the core of our constitution. You hope we lose the war in Iraq. There isn't a thing I can remember that you guys have said positive about America. So yeah, I will draw the conclusion that you are anti-America. Or is there something nice you can finally say about us?

WHo has done more for this world than the US in the last 100 years??
As to your question, probably not, I don't really know, however I fail to see why we cannot contribute to the world and still wage war. The US manages quite nicely.

As for the anti-American comment, the only thing I would say you are correct in is my dislike for the current administration. The rest of what you said is bullshit. I personally really like America, and I from what I remember so does Cam. Neither of us have a reason to hate the US. Lowing, you're using your black and white thing again. You love to label people based on one thing that they've said, even when it bears no resemblance to reality. I may dislike your current administration, however that doesn't mean that I'm anti-capitalist, anti-guns, or anti anthing else.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

I understand a once powerful nation with territory all over the world is now reduced to a small fraction of what it used to be.  So don't worry m3thod, we can understand your small penis complex.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6649|USA

ghettoperson wrote:

lowing wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

I disagree, I'm not jealous of what the US has done for the world and I doubt Cam is either. That said though, neither of us are anti-American, although I have a feeling some of you would make out otherwise seeing as liberal = un/anti-American.

EDIT: I also disagree with that the US has done more for the world.
Has there been a continuous 100 years in history where you EU folks were not killing each other in attempts to grab land??

You can say you are not anti-American if ya want. But cut me some slack, you hate our govt. you hate our capitalist society, you hate us owning guns when it is at the core of our constitution. You hope we lose the war in Iraq. There isn't a thing I can remember that you guys have said positive about America. So yeah, I will draw the conclusion that you are anti-America. Or is there something nice you can finally say about us?

WHo has done more for this world than the US in the last 100 years??
As to your question, probably not, I don't really know, however I fail to see why we cannot contribute to the world and still wage war. The US manages quite nicely.

As for the anti-American comment, the only thing I would say you are correct in is my dislike for the current administration. The rest of what you said is bullshit. I personally really like America, and I from what I remember so does Cam. Neither of us have a reason to hate the US. Lowing, you're using your black and white thing again. You love to label people based on one thing that they've said, even when it bears no resemblance to reality. I may dislike your current administration, however that doesn't mean that I'm anti-capitalist, anti-guns, or anti anthing else.
good post, however, everything I listed is from you EU folks that have at great length commented such as I have posted about each one of those issues. I know I am generalizing, but then again so is the OP
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6527|Global Command

RicardoBlanco wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

The old continental powers are still far from forgiving us for supplanting them in the strategic arena. The primary goal has been to prove that the United States is as cruel and corrupt as they themselves have been. When your heritage is genocide, wars of aggression, or cowardly surrender the record of the United States can be pretty hard to bear. The old powers cannot avoid measuring themselves against us, but the disparities they discover are so great that Europe's Moral delinquents can not help but comfort themselves with lies about our clumsiness, our violence, and our crudity. Perhaps they should stop and ask themselves how could such a pathetic mediocrities built the richest, most powerful exemplary society in history.

Method as far as the Palestinians, maybe you should stop and consider who designed the borders in that area to start with.
Europe just grew up and got over its warmongering. The US will do so too as it evolves. We're like your older brother; we've made our mistakes and now we're watchong you make yours. Perhaps that's why we're so critical.
Sort of...profound explanation really...

btw, I'm not miserable ricardo!
RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6566|Oxford

usmarine2005 wrote:

I understand a once powerful nation with territory all over the world is now reduced to a small fraction of what it used to be.  So don't worry m3thod, we can understand your small penis complex.
And your empire building is going swimmingly. Shit, at least we had an empire.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6498|so randum

RicardoBlanco wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

qft. Saying that, imperialism wouldn't work well enough these days, boundrys are fairly settled, nowhere else to discover.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6649|USA

ATG wrote:

RicardoBlanco wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

not really ATG< if it resembled a "big brother", it would help us, instead of sit back and watch as we fight for ALL OF US.
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6690|NAS Jacksonville, Florida

RicardoBlanco wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

But it wasn't looked down upon unlike the U.S. 'empire'.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

RicardoBlanco wrote:

And your empire building is going swimmingly.
Pretty good actually.
RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6566|Oxford

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

RicardoBlanco wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Sarcasm. The US don't have an empire and in this day and age, as things stand, I doubt any country could have one.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6498|so randum

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

RicardoBlanco wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Even if it was looked down upon, at its peak, it was god damn effective.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6566|Oxford

Kmarion wrote:

RicardoBlanco wrote:

ATG wrote:

Would you like a tissue? Your frothing at the mouth and the drool is splattering everywhere.

Do you have any idea how much food, medicine and goods and services the United States exports every year?

http://www.agr.gc.ca/mad-dam/img/bi/v19n04-3_e.gif

http://www.ers.usda.gov/Briefing/rice/G … orting.gif
This is part of the problem ATG. Ever heard the saying "You don't get anything for free"? If the distribution of aid was in the hands of the american people, and not your government, I'd be agreeing with you here.
Would you like to see what private citizens give?
No, like I said, that isn't the issue.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

fatherted13 wrote:

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

RicardoBlanco wrote:

You seem proud of something you are condemning the US for..........

/confused.
RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6566|Oxford

usmarine2005 wrote:

RicardoBlanco wrote:

And your empire building is going swimmingly.
Pretty good actually.
*desperately resists the urge to post o'rly owl*

Enjoy the ride
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6669|UK

usmarine2005 wrote:

I am of Kashmiri heritage.  Britain's colonial past doesn't mean shit to me.

Oh and i'm a very healthy boy in that department, thanks.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6498|so randum

usmarine2005 wrote:

fatherted13 wrote:

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

/confused.
How am i condemming the US for having a empire? The Us never has, or does have a empire, so there is nothing for me to condemn. I purely don't agree with some of the statements made in this thread, proposing that the US has done more for the world, in the past 250/100 years, than any other country.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6566|Oxford

lowing wrote:

ATG wrote:

RicardoBlanco wrote:

not really ATG< if it resembled a "big brother", it would help us, instead of sit back and watch as we fight for ALL OF US.
You're fighting for yourselves Lowing.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

fatherted13 wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

fatherted13 wrote:

/confused.
How am i condemming the US for having a empire? The Us never has, or does have a empire, so there is nothing for me to condemn. I purely don't agree with some of the statements made in this thread, proposing that the US has done more for the world, in the past 250/100 years, than any other country.
Define empire.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6498|so randum

RicardoBlanco wrote:

lowing wrote:

ATG wrote:

You're fighting for yourselves Lowing.
Christ, i missed that post. How is the UK in any way, shape or form sitting back and watching? We are in Afganistan, and have a significant number of our Armed Forces deployed in Iraq, working with your guys.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6527|Global Command
But it's like 25:1 ratio.
RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6566|Oxford

usmarine2005 wrote:

fatherted13 wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

/confused.
Define empire.
empire     

–noun
1.    a group of nations or peoples ruled over by an emperor, empress, or other powerful sovereign or government: usually a territory of greater extent than a kingdom, as the former British Empire, French Empire, Russian Empire, Byzantine Empire, or Roman Empire.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6841|Reykjavík, Iceland.
For what I know Americans don't seem to care about the future, they don't want to enjoy themselves as much as they can today and just screw what happens to our kids.

Look at what they are doing to the environment. Surely they are not the only ones doing it, but the amount is just horrific.

After the US military left Iceland, what was there left? The whole environment where the air base had been station was just wasted. The soil even had some radioactive waste in it and they have brought cockroaches to Iceland, ffs! cockroaches!

And they just left this mess for us to clean up after them.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6498|so randum

ATG wrote:

But it's like 25:1 ratio.
You can't expect us to deploy every unit we have? We have ongoing commitments around the world, at the moment notably in Bosnia and Afganistan. Plus our armed forces, highly trained though they are, at current only number around 100,000 ive heard. I dont know how many troopers you have posted, but we could never provide a number anywhere near to what the US Military could.

On a side note, the poster that said we sit back and watch, may i remind you, that when the US, led by the Bush administration decided to go into Iraq, we were one of few countries that supported, and went in with you guys. And dont think we havnt lost in this war, albeit not on the casualty scale the US has unfortunatly suffered.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

RicardoBlanco wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

fatherted13 wrote:

Define empire.
empire     

–noun
1.    a group of nations or peoples ruled over by an emperor, empress, or other powerful sovereign or government: usually a territory of greater extent than a kingdom, as the former British Empire, French Empire, Russian Empire, Byzantine Empire, or Roman Empire.
"Scholars debate about what exactly constitutes an empire (from the Latin "imperium", denoting military command within the ancient Roman government). Generally, they may define an empire as a state that extends dominion over areas and populations distinct culturally and ethnically from the culture/ethnicity at the center of power. Other definitions may emphasize economic or political factors. The term generally implies military hegemonic power"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empire

Last edited by usmarine2005 (2007-04-22 12:18:41)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard