Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5751|شمال
very nice.. i like
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4969|Dundee, Scotland.
Took some time tonight to clean up the inside of my pc. One thing is apparent - I NEED a new case. One with a bottom mounted PSU and cable routing tray behind the motherboard.

Before
https://i.imgur.com/1ccgT.jpg

After
https://i.imgur.com/u5NNw.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/7YpKW.jpg

Specs -
CPU - AMD Athlon II x4 630 at 2.8GHz
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz
GPU - SLi EVGA GTX 460 SC 1GB
SSD - Corsair Force 3 120GB
HDD - Maxtor 500GB
Displays - 3x19" 1440x900 in Nvidia Surround Vision or 1 SamsungSyncmaster 225BW

Last edited by Camm (2012-02-20 16:45:22)

for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6291|Washington St.
correct me if i'm wrong but aren't PSU's supposed to be mounted on top? Don't they exhaust air? With the air inside your case heating and rising upward you'd want a powerful fan (e.g. a PSU fan...) at the top pushing it all out? Instead of a fan on bottom exhausting cool air...
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

pirana6 wrote:

correct me if i'm wrong but aren't PSU's supposed to be mounted on top? Don't they exhaust air? With the air inside your case heating and rising upward you'd want a powerful fan (e.g. a PSU fan...) at the top pushing it all out? Instead of a fan on bottom exhausting cool air...
it is mounted on the top
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6149|'straya
A bottom mounted PSU works fine. It exhausts it's own heat out the bottom of the case and allows clear airflow from front case fans to flow through the case and be exhausted by case fans at the top/rear.

It also frees up the top of the case for larger radiators etc for water cooling systems.

Last edited by Little BaBy JESUS (2012-02-20 17:08:10)

pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6291|Washington St.

Camm wrote:

pirana6 wrote:

it is mounted on the top

Camm wrote:

I NEED a new case. One with a bottom mounted PSU
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6738|Oxferd Ohire
seriously camm i glanced through your post and knew what he was talking about. you wrote the thing
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

RTHKI wrote:

seriously camm i glanced through your post and knew what he was talking about. you wrote the thing
oic
Benzin
+576|5999
Camm, get yourself a Phantom.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

CapnNismo wrote:

Camm, get yourself a Phantom.
Dun like.

Getting the nzxt 210 elite.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6672|UK
corsair 650d is better
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6659|BC, Canada
the fractals are really good too.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
nzxt is only £35
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6659|BC, Canada
Oh, I missed who was buying when I said that.
Benzin
+576|5999

Camm wrote:

nzxt is only £35
Honestly Camm, save your money for something better. Don't compromise on your case and get yourself a big tower - you won't regret it. Having a big tower not only offers you room for upgrades in the future but also gives you all the air space that you can possibly need. The same air space gives you lots of room for your hands when you're fiddling around in your case, too.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

CapnNismo wrote:

Camm wrote:

nzxt is only £35
Honestly Camm, save your money for something better. Don't compromise on your case and get yourself a big tower - you won't regret it. Having a big tower not only offers you room for upgrades in the future but also gives you all the air space that you can possibly need. The same air space gives you lots of room for your hands when you're fiddling around in your case, too.
I've got a full tower case just now but it's too big and too heavy.
Benzin
+576|5999
Do you go to LAN parties often?
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

CapnNismo wrote:

Planning on it. I'd like to be able to cart my desktop around, and this case prevents that. I've read a few reviews of the 210 elite and everyone says its a bargain.
Benzin
+576|5999

Camm wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

Planning on it. I'd like to be able to cart my desktop around, and this case prevents that. I've read a few reviews of the 210 elite and everyone says its a bargain.
What bout the Bitfenix Survivor? It has a carrying handle for that.
Benzin
+576|5999
Did some cable management (again):
Before
https://i.imgur.com/q5CUN.jpg

After
https://i.imgur.com/Msg0i.jpg
PigPopTart
Shotgun whore
+133|6290|Pacific NW, USA
What part is taxed the most when attempting to FRAPS gameplay? 

I'm pretty sure my PC should be able to handle it but it just doesn't seem to want to.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6710|England. Stoke

PigPopTart wrote:

I'm pretty sure my PC should be able to handle it but it just doesn't seem to want to.
Specs?
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6149|'straya

PigPopTart wrote:

If you've got a good CPU and video card then the most likely problem is probably your hard drive.

Ideally you should have a hard drive that is at least 7200RPM (best options are WD Black, Samsung F3 etc). It's also best if you have fraps installed on one hard drive and record onto another. This seems to have a very large impact on fps in fraps and fps stability.   

You will also probably want to change your in-game settings (lower AA, graphics quality) so that you are getting as much pre-fraps fps as possible (without your eyes bleeding from the ugliness obviously).
PigPopTart
Shotgun whore
+133|6290|Pacific NW, USA
I have an i5 2500k @ 4.3ghz and an xfx6870 1gb.
HD is a caviar black 750GB.

I turned the gfx to high and it runs between 45-60fps when not recording. Unfortuneatly I only have 1 internal HD.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

i7-3820
X79
16gb quad channel ddr3
128gb sata6 ssd
----------------------------
6 year old case with removable tray

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7192/6983827055_48d4120dbf_z.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard