m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6822|UK
Press left shift when you're on a ladder and you'll zip/slide down rather than climbing down.

Useful when your being attacked when climbing up one.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
jord
+2,382|6829|The North, beyond the wall.

m3thod wrote:

Press left shift when you're on a ladder and you'll zip/slide down rather than climbing down.

Useful when your being attacked when climbing up one.
Or double tap W.
ReTox
+100|6650|State of RETOXification

Stubbee wrote:

ReTox wrote:

Misc Tactics -

C4 Jumping Any Map /w FF=Off - I've seen many people trying to C4 jump by laying 5 all in the same spot and standing on it.  They get blown up into the air and try to use their chute to come down on the top of a building, usually clipping the side and falling to their death.  Well C4 sends things flying in any direction related to the AOA so use it to propel you forward as well as up.  I lay 2 side by side and one about 2' in front of those two.  I run and when just on top of the forward single C4 I detonate.  Beautiful ballistic arc and I land safely and soundly every time.  I rarely need to use all 5 and can pretty much get onto any building.
FYI EXPLOIT
Can get you reset for using game mechanics to access places you can't normally go.
I have to disagree with you on this one.  If I was advocating a wall glitch exploit then absolutely but the last time I read the ROE ff=off servers might not have been recommened but they were not in violation of the rules.  And since the ROE already says it is a violation to limit the use of weapons provided by EA (like in k&p) how can they reset me for using C4?  Like I said, I'm not getting into a building, just on top of it, kinda like the grappling hook in SpecOp.

I don't see it as an exploit but more as a clever tactic.  Anyone who ever played UT99 Instagib will likely agree.  Playing CivilWarII, Face, Bad Neighbours with boosting is the exact same thing.  FF=Off so you can shoot your own team mates to the other side of the map, every league & clan I knew noticed it as a legit tactic that never violated the rules or Epic EULA.

Last edited by ReTox (2007-04-11 12:01:34)

Ninja_Kid2002
+119|6418|Floodsville, TN, (UK really)

ReTox wrote:

Ninja_Kid2002 wrote:

ReTox wrote:

Map Specific -

Even if you are not spec-op you can sometimes scare tankers out of their tank just by running up to it and squatting.  They think you're planting and bail out... free tank for you.  True it doesn't always work but when you're out of ammo you might as well "wtf it" mate!
Ooooh, that's a good idea. I seem to remember actually having it myself, and even posting a topic about it, long before you stole it and claimed it was yours!
Crazy hu?

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 2#p1296142
WOW!

Thats fucking awesome dude!   I thought I was the ONLY player in the game to ever think of that.

You sir are a steaming pile of delight and I'm glad to know ya!

/sarcasm

Honestly, I didn't read your post.  Claiming I stole is asshatery at its finest though.  Don't be an assuming git.
You have your story, I have mine! lol
Anyway, read my post, it's sweeter than toffee (really sweet toffee, not that treacle crap)
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6797
Chopper guns never run out of ammo. It simply reloads when you run out. Easiest to find out as Mec on Sharqi.
Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6478|105 RVK
If u press C as a gunner in a chinese chopper u can see trough every single wall u try it on:
jord
+2,382|6829|The North, beyond the wall.

Missionless wrote:

If u press C as a gunner in a chinese chopper u can see trough every single wall u try it on:
Best one yet.
l41e
+677|6799

Undetected_Killer wrote:

Did you know that the M24 is most accurate, the M95 is least accurate, and that the L96A1 has the most bullet drop?
Did you know that the game files contradict you? There are two accuracy levels for sniper rifles. The M24 and L96A1 have the same accuracy. The M95SP, QBU-88, and SVD have the same accuracy. And Todd_Angelo killed the bullet drop myth long ago.

Undetected_Killer wrote:

Did you know that bullet drop only affects sniper rifles at a distance greater than 200m?
Wrong. To make a long story short, if you change the velocity of the round to 10, it will fall at your feet, sniper rifle or not.
FragdaddyXL
+9|6452

Snake wrote:

- The loading screen for 32player surge is wrong. The redzone is incorrect.
See for yourself: http://wiki.bf2s.com/maps/battlefield-2 … 2p-redzone

- The loading screen (and ingame map) for Zatar is wrong. It shows a river crossing from the right of the  USMC uncap. Try finding it ingame. It leads to a village and a series of roads through the cliffs that you would be able to use to get around the side of the map - if it wasnt redzoned.
Hell, theres even explosive barrels on the piers.
Hence, Zatar was going to be even bigger
Well If you get BF2 sandbox v 0.4 you can go anywhere on any map with no out of bounds. But that's not all, you can also spawn objects in front of you. Even a teddy bear! (for those that don't know what sandbox is)
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6644|N. Ireland

jord wrote:

Missionless wrote:

Best one yet.
What key is it? I change most of mine.. Crouch?
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6474|Graz, Austria

R0lyP0ly wrote:

there's a billboard in AF interstate map thingy that says "The Time is COming" (or something like that) -- its  a watcg ad, and the time displayed is 2142
Already covered in the Wiki: http://wiki.bf2s.com/maps/battlefield-2 … dvertising

Last edited by globefish23 (2007-04-11 15:54:44)

ReTox

Ninja_Kid2002 wrote:

You have your story, I have mine! lol
Anyway, read my post, it's sweeter than toffee (really sweet toffee, not that treacle crap)
mmmm toffee.

I read your post.  Little different but yeah, same idea.  I totally agree that an experienced tanker will likely not be fooled by it.  The well practiced players have seen it all before so they don't spook as easily.  Still, nothing ventured nothing gained.
FragdaddyXL
+9|6452

leetkyle wrote:

jord wrote:

Missionless wrote:

Best one yet.
Cycle camera.
ethrion
+25|6544|Hong Kong @ the moment

k30dxedle wrote:

Undetected_Killer wrote:

Did you know that the M24 is most accurate, the M95 is least accurate, and that the L96A1 has the most bullet drop?
Did you know that the game files contradict you? There are two accuracy levels for sniper rifles. The M24 and L96A1 have the same accuracy. The M95SP, QBU-88, and SVD have the same accuracy. And Todd_Angelo killed the bullet drop myth long ago.

Undetected_Killer wrote:

Did you know that bullet drop only affects sniper rifles at a distance greater than 200m?
Wrong. To make a long story short, if you change the velocity of the round to 10, it will fall at your feet, sniper rifle or not.
Either way its generally accepted that the L96A1 is the best sniper rifle with the M95 good for killing pilots. Of course everyone has their preferences. IMO its the L96A1 and the Type 88 when being the PLA.

p.s. If C4 jumping to a usually unreachable roof is exploiting then surely using a railing to run and jump from to reach a roof top that isnt meant to be accesible is also exploiting. IMO C4 jumping is fine...

Last edited by ethrion (2007-04-11 20:09:28)

Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?
+98|6436|FIYAH FIYAH FIYAAAAAAH

k30dxedle wrote:

Undetected_Killer wrote:

Undetected_Killer wrote:

Everyone ruins my day. /emo
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6797

leetkyle wrote:

jord wrote:

Missionless wrote:

Best one yet.
Stupid video. You can do it with any chopper on any map. Just get in and change the camera to get rid of all that junk in the cockpit. Just get close enough to any wall and have fun. Real nice way to take out wall glitchers.
commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6563|Michigan, USA

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Missionless wrote:

Stupid video. You can do it with any chopper on any map. Just get in and change the camera to get rid of all that junk in the cockpit. Just get close enough to any wall and have fun. Real nice way to take out wall glitchers.
hmmm me thinks I might add something to a certain wiki page (click the link in my sig with the words "How To Kill Building Glitchers")

Edit: hang on, didn't realize link was broken grrrr *fixing link*

2nd Edit: link fixed: it works from my sig and here as well: How To Kill Building Glitchers
Heck, I guess that wiki page could count as something that is less known.

Last edited by commandochristian (2007-04-12 11:58:44)

aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6500|Iowa...
maybe it was already posted/known but i just recently found this out.you can switch views with C while climbing up a ladder.it's useful for seeing what's going on behind you(or if you just want to see your dude climbing up a ladder).
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6440|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

aj0404 wrote:

maybe it was already posted/known but i just recently found this out.you can switch views with C while climbing up a ladder.it's useful for seeing what's going on behind you(or if you just want to see your dude climbing up a ladder).
And spotting that claymore at the top of the ladder rather than getting your head blown off.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6843|NAS Jacksonville, Florida

cowami wrote:

aj0404 wrote:

And spotting that claymore at the top of the ladder rather than getting your head blown off.
You can actually stop at the top of the ladder in first person view to see if there's a claymore there too, just as long as you don't go all the way up.
aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6500|Iowa...

cowami wrote:

aj0404 wrote:

that too.
ReTox
Not an unknown fact but a great tactic:

Hit F-10 when driving any of the jeeps.  Soooo much easier to dodge stuff (tanks, mines) and road kills are stupid easy.
Aapje
Internet Superhero
+221|6547

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Chopper guns never run out of ammo. It simply reloads when you run out. Easiest to find out as Mec on Sharqi.
That actually worked.. ...

Last edited by kmt (2007-04-16 23:58:59)

Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6478|105 RVK

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

leetkyle wrote:

jord wrote:

Best one yet.
i tried with cobra, no luck, not with mec chopper cause i wasn't bothered. and i bet u think its stupid cause i wanted to have it to yourself to use.

I dont use any of my exploits in-game btw.
officer_matt
I eat noobs for breakfast
+23|6380|Switzerland
Has anyone noticed that, if someone joins a game mid-round and a kick vote is going on while he's loading, he will automatically start another kick vote against the same person, while the player initiating the kickvote is still looking at "verifying client data"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard