Poll

Does the mouse you have make a difference in gameplay?

Yes78%78% - 131
No11%11% - 20
Who Cares9%9% - 16
Total: 167
Shiffdaddy
+73|6335
Self explainable.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6396|The Gem Saloon
yes
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6710|England. Stoke
I went for "no" as I have a crappy old Logitech i-feel mouse and a really, really bad mouse mat. I really will have to get round to replacing them, especially the mouse mat, but hey I still manage to play pretty well
TehMyke
8======D
+343|6711
voted yes, not for dpi adjustments but for how many buttons.. i have a g5 and i got it originally for the on the fly dpi change but now days i just have those binded to pistol/grenade way more handy.
ยป You guys are all old and wrinkly now, GG... | Steam | teHmyke.com | YouTube
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6708|67.222.138.85

TehMyke wrote:

voted yes, not for dpi adjustments but for how many buttons.. i have a g5 and i got it originally for the on the fly dpi change but now days i just have those binded to pistol/grenade way more handy.
More buttons all the way. dpi change is nice for armor though.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6392

Yes, my Logitech MX 3000 laser is far more accurate than my old trackball, plus the trackball used to pick up all sorts of rubbish on its surface, causing my rightward movements to be non-existent.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6325|Graz, Austria
I have this mouse mat:
http://www.sharkoon.de/enghtml/gaming.htm#xurface

It's extremely thin (0.5mm) and has very low friction surface. (I had to lower the mouse sensitivity in Windows and a few games actually.)
Also, it has a self-adhesive bottom that keeps it in place on the desk.
Shiffdaddy
+73|6335

coke wrote:

I went for "no" as I have a crappy old Logitech i-feel mouse and a really, really bad mouse mat. I really will have to get round to replacing them, especially the mouse mat, but hey I still manage to play pretty well
Lol thats kind of like me.  Thats why im asking.  I have the crap dell brand mouse that came with my new computer and a mouse pad that is a peice of crap.
cheify0
+2|6230|Philippines
Yes!!
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6476|Foothills of S. Carolina

I dunno, my accuracy has gone in the crapper since I got my G5, not that it was great to begin with. Maybe I still gotta get used to it more.....
ts-pulsar
+54|6504
Still using the original Microsoft optical mouse, back when I played daily (I'm pretty rusty now) 1st place wasn't a problem.  My keyboard is a 12 year old Compaq btw.  Really, I think it has more to do with being comfortable than having the best equipment, seems to be that way for just about everything in life.  I keep that old Compaq keyboard around because it fits in a slot in my desk perfectly and is very comfortable(I have a backup keyboard for when this one dies).  My mouse is just something I've used so long I think my hand actually grew to shape it.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6744|London

I used to have a standard wireless laser mouse, now I have a Logitech G7, I have to say I don't notice much of a difference although the hot swapable batterys are nice.
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6651|Keyboard
NO, if you have slow reflexes and/or stiff wrists buying a 100 dollar mouse will not get you out of your poor gameplay.
elstonieo
Oil 4 Euros not $$$
+20|6339|EsSeX
yes it does make a difference

i used to use a faulty microsoft ball mouse ( it would keep changing to other weapons every now and then for no reason )

now i use my even older microsoft ball mouse and its made it so much easyer
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6744|London

elstonieo wrote:

yes it does make a difference

i used to use a faulty microsoft ball mouse ( it would keep changing to other weapons every now and then for no reason )

now i use my even older microsoft ball mouse and its made it so much easyer
If your first mouse was broken, then generally a mouse that works would be an improvement.
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Marinejuana
local
+415|6587|Seattle
i have a green razer diamondback and its killersweet.
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6633|New Hampshire, USA
I use a stock two-button compaq mouse that is probably older than me.  It isnt even round, it is more like a square and it doewsn't have a scroll thingy... you guys have no right to complain
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6329|105 RVK

globefish23 wrote:

I have this mouse mat:
http://www.sharkoon.de/enghtml/gaming.htm#xurface

It's extremely thin (0.5mm) and has very low friction surface. (I had to lower the mouse sensitivity in Windows and a few games actually.)
Also, it has a self-adhesive bottom that keeps it in place on the desk.
that site gives u some shit info man:
The name 1337 comes from so-called "Leetspeak", the insider language of computer freaks - especially gamers - replaces letters with similar-looking numbers or symbols. 1337 stands for "leet" (from "elite") "1" for lowercase "l", "3" is a mirror reverse of "E", and "7" corresponds to a slanted, cut off "T". As indicated by its name,

O RLY? never ever ever, EVER knew that.
elstonieo
Oil 4 Euros not $$$
+20|6339|EsSeX

Dauntless wrote:

If your first mouse was broken, then generally a mouse that works would be an improvement.
lmao that was my point

Last edited by elstonieo (2007-04-08 21:03:16)

Drunk_Musketeer
To be honest I don't care anyway..
+57|6740|Great Wall
Dunno if my mouse makes a difference in gameplay.. Ive got Logitech G5.. but it's still me who clicks it

Last edited by Drunk_Musketeer (2007-04-08 21:50:11)

RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6481|Somewhere else

Marinejuana wrote:

i have a green razer diamondback and its killersweet.
hmm. I've got the same, only the blue one.  The dpi was more of a detriment IMO.  I tried to adjust my rifle when sniping, and it would jump all over the damn place. 

Plus, randomly, when I boot my computer, the mouse wouldn't turn on. no biggie, but annoying.

Any decent laser mouse, one that does what it's intended to, is probably enough.  Ball mouse FTL.

Anyone using a ball mouse might as well use one of these
https://img139.imageshack.us/img139/945/appleadtk4.gif

Last edited by RoosterCantrell (2007-04-08 21:55:12)

Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6303
500, 1200 and 2000 DPI make alot of diffrence.
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6694|NAS Jacksonville, Florida
Who cares. I have a generic Microsoft mouse I got about five years ago and it still serves me fine. No point of getting a new one soley for gaming.
aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6351|Iowa...
well i guess if you have an old ass roll/ball mouse then it would make things a bit difficult,so yes.they always get a bunch of crap stuck in them and just refuse to move.it pisses me off just thinking about it. >.<
-Leeds-Lad-
+15|6235|Leeds, WestYorkshire
yeh i think it definatly does

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard