AllmightyOz
+50|6484|United States - Ohio
http://www.pacific-fighters.com/en/home.php?skin=S2

Anybody else got this game? I just got the collection series game with all the expansions. It's sooo hard to fly the planes.

I can't figure out how to play it online tho. No servers show up when I search for them

Got a server? hit me up on xfire: allmightyoz

Last edited by AllmightyOz (2007-04-07 12:25:03)

AllmightyOz
+50|6484|United States - Ohio
nobody has it?
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6351|Troy, New York
I have it-or had it. No idea what happened to it. Got it as a gift, never installed it.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6593|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
i have it, the planes get easier to control as time passes. you have to get the hyperlobby client or use the ubi.com client that canme with the game to play online. ubi.com has alot of hackers and cheaters since they dont moniter it alot. stick to flying in single player until you know a couple of planes really well. my suggestion is the La-5 and La-7 series fighters and the Bf-109s.
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6401|Alberta, Canada
I remember a buddy getting me to try it. He sets up a match between someone (or a bot... I don't know...) and We get in a furious dogfight. I shot him down, and then in the second match, my rudder was shot out.
Kinda interesting to try to fly without a rudder on your plane. however brutally hard it is.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat

Heavy_Guns_91 wrote:

I remember a buddy getting me to try it. He sets up a match between someone (or a bot... I don't know...) and We get in a furious dogfight. I shot him down, and then in the second match, my rudder was shot out.
Kinda interesting to try to fly without a rudder on your plane. however brutally hard it is.
that has happend to me millions of times, whats worse is having the rudder and elevators disabled and crash landing the plane.
ghostgr
177th Field Artillery
+39|6739|In your head
I stopped buying anything ubisoft and/or tom clancy related. They suck just like the new game GRAW 2.
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6691|NAS Jacksonville, Florida

ghostgr wrote:

I stopped buying anything ubisoft and/or tom clancy related. They suck just like the new game GRAW 2.
IL-2 doesn't suck. It's awesome.

I've played it a few times, but I don't have it yet.
ghostgr
177th Field Artillery
+39|6739|In your head
Well everygame that i bought from ubisoft and/or tomclancy sucked all the way from there first games on up.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat

ghostgr wrote:

Ubi Soft published it, Maddox games created the stuff in the game that makes it awesome. it was made in 2001 and has spawned 4 addon packs totaling the total number of planes to almost 275 flyable and over 300 total. it is THE most realistic WW2 flight sim out there to date, and its very satisfying when you bring back a P-47 D-27 Thunderbolt with a chunk of its wing missing and 4 jammed guns, along with a busted gunsight and a smoking engine. It's a good buy, shame its not in stores.
acEofspadEs6313

seymorebutts443 wrote:

ghostgr wrote:

Ubi Soft published it, Maddox games created the stuff in the game that makes it awesome. it was made in 2001 and has spawned 4 addon packs totaling the total number of planes to almost 275 flyable and over 300 total. it is THE most realistic WW2 flight sim out there to date, and its very satisfying when you bring back a P-47 D-27 Thunderbolt with a chunk of its wing missing and 4 jammed guns, along with a busted gunsight and a smoking engine. It's a good buy, shame its not in stores.
Then to get pissed as when you go to land, you crash attempting to do so.
.robzored.
Roflcopter Pilot
+74|6275|Illinois
Yeah playing online can be fun, but just as often it can be the pissiest thing ever. Noobs like "OMG I PWN5 U N00B5, U SUCK5 CAUSE U CANT SH00T DOWN MY ROCKETPLANE LOLOLOLOLOL" get old fast. But if you really want to find servers then buy the ace expansion pack, it's worth it
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6658|The darkside of Denver

ghostgr wrote:

Well, you are missing out on alot of gaming history.. Ubisoft has released plethora of great video games, the splinter cell series, Rainbow Six series, FryCry, and others...
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat

.robzored. wrote:

Yeah playing online can be fun, but just as often it can be the pissiest thing ever. Noobs like "OMG I PWN5 U N00B5, U SUCK5 CAUSE U CANT SH00T DOWN MY ROCKETPLANE LOLOLOLOLOL" get old fast. But if you really want to find servers then buy the ace expansion pack, it's worth it
That rarely happens to me, usually the noobs leave after they get owned, also get Hyperlobby your online experience goes up. Plus i've never seen anyone use the jet powered or rocket powered planes online, they're too hard to take off with to some. most use the La series, BF-109 series and the Yaks. an occasional TB-3 pops up but they get owned fast.

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

seymorebutts443 wrote:

ghostgr wrote:

Then to get pissed as when you go to land, you crash attempting to do so.
yea, i've done that. i kept on coming in to slow, depends on the weight of the plane, if you ddint drop your bomb then you have to come in at a faster speed.
ghostgr
177th Field Artillery
+39|6739|In your head
Rainbow six sucked and so did the rest of the games on your list. But that is just my opinion.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat

ghostgr wrote:

Rainbow six sucked and so did the rest of the games on your list. But that is just my opinion.
try IL2, you wont be dissapointed. there are no crash bugs, no bullshit. all you need to do is learn the planes and completly kick ass. they have some cool stuff like the Yak-9K and its 45mm cannon, heavy recoil but is real cool to use. it's a fun game.
acEofspadEs6313

seymorebutts443 wrote:

ghostgr wrote:

try IL2, you wont be dissapointed. there are no crash bugs, no bullshit. all you need to do is learn the planes and completly kick ass. they have some cool stuff like the Yak-9K and its 45mm cannon, heavy recoil but is real cool to use. it's a fun game.
BF-109 and BnZ tactics ftw.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

seymorebutts443 wrote:

ghostgr wrote:

wait whats BnZ, acronym i've never seen. Bf-109 is an awesome plane though. especially the later models with the 30mm nose cannon.
acEofspadEs6313

seymorebutts443 wrote:

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

seymorebutts443 wrote:

wait whats BnZ, acronym i've never seen. Bf-109 is an awesome plane though. especially the later models with the 30mm nose cannon.
Boom 'n Zoom.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

seymorebutts443 wrote:

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

Boom 'n Zoom.
oooooh yea. P-47 is fucking epic with that. its all its good with though. unless you're a good diver, its good at that too.
leetnagger
+1|6226
I got IL2, Forgotten Battles and Pacific Fighters. I bought it right when IL2 was released 2001, back then I was a huge fan of flight simulators. I got to say IL2 (and it's expansions, even LockOn) are one of the best games ever made, so detailed and so close to perfect what comes to playability.  You really can tell one has been playing IL2 for a long time even in BF2, because all dogfight maneuvers are very natural.

I've hardly played online, but we used to have massive gatherings on local servers with the IL2 community and friends. Man that fun! Later I got into FPS shooters and haven't played IL2 for, what, 1½ years maybe. Even LockOn didn't get me. But I'm sure some day...

Seriously, flying is so fun especially in games like IL2 after you learn the controls and each fighter's characteristics. And bombers OMG! Have friends to go gunners in B-17 and go shoot down some Germans! Or take Yak-9K with 45mm cannon for a ride! That thing can shoot a huge bomber in pieces with one shot, but the real fun is in dogfights, you can't hit anything but when you do... well.. it just disappears.

I used to just fly around within the mountains and dodging buildings and flying under bridges. Modern jets are nothing compared to WW2 era fighters IMO, those things got the balls. 24 liter engine with 2000hp for example with 500mph top speed at ground level O.o

I love Russian planes!

E: just remembered I also have Ace Expansion Pack. It looks like I played those pretty seriously back then. At the point where TrackIR and better joystick, dual screens and so on would have been the next stop I swapped to shooters. I still fly MSFS though.

Last edited by leetnagger (2007-04-09 17:27:58)

seymorebutts443
Ready for combat

leetnagger wrote:

I got IL2, Forgotten Battles and Pacific Fighters. I bought it right when IL2 was released 2001, back then I was a huge fan of flight simulators. I got to say IL2 (and it's expansions, even LockOn) are one of the best games ever made, so detailed and so close to perfect what comes to playability.  You really can tell one has been playing IL2 for a long time even in BF2, because all dogfight maneuvers are very natural.

I've hardly played online, but we used to have massive gatherings on local servers with the IL2 community and friends. Man that fun! Later I got into FPS shooters and haven't played IL2 for, what, 1½ years maybe. Even LockOn didn't get me. But I'm sure some day...

Seriously, flying is so fun especially in games like IL2 after you learn the controls and each fighter's characteristics. And bombers OMG! Have friends to go gunners in B-17 and go shoot down some Germans! Or take Yak-9K with 45mm cannon for a ride! That thing can shoot a huge bomber in pieces with one shot, but the real fun is in dogfights, you can't hit anything but when you do... well.. it just disappears.

I love Russian planes!
the variety of the planes is just awesome. the Bl-1 rocket plane and all the BF-109 and FW-190 varients along with the YAKs, MiGs La series, the P-40s EVERYTHING! its just so awesome.
wensleydale8
+81|6767|LEEDS!!!!!, Yorkshire
i play this game and have done for a while its always entertaining to fly a plane with a chunk missing from its wing

could you also point me in the right direction for the correct patch i got the game when i didnt know what a patch was only 10 so wasnt an online gamer.

Last edited by wensleydale8 (2007-04-10 07:55:15)

Dear God please let my karma one day reach 100, whether it be tomorrow or 1000 years in the future i want it to happen.
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6477|Sheffield-England

AllmightyOz wrote:

nobody has it?
Selling mine on Ebay
ghostgr
177th Field Artillery
+39|6739|In your head

seymorebutts443 wrote:

ghostgr wrote:

Sorry guys but it seems that everygame from ubisoft/tomclancy that i buy sucks and yes everyone is like "OMG THIS GAME IS KICK AZZ!!!!!!!" So no thanks dudes just wanted to say what i think.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard