TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6818|-
We were debating about this in class, and I brought up the question "If we are alive at conception, why do we celebrate the date of birth and not the date of conception?" No one seemed to be able to answer, not even the teacher. All the arguments that say you're "alive" and feel "pain" in the womb pretty much make it seem like every person is actually nine months older than they really are.

Anyway. Pro-choice.
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6791
heh that's a pretty good question for pro-lifers.

there's no denying that you are alive in the womb. the abortion debate hinges more on conciousness than aliveness though. you can even argue that we're not really conscious for the first few years of our life.

guess we can extend abortion to include really annoying [or ugly] two year olds.
OMGEliteGaming
+0|6800
Im definetly in favor of abortion, if it wernt for abortion i would have been a father at age 16 and it would have put a serious damper on not only my life, but my girlfriend at the time, both our families, and the hypothetical child. Condom broke and my sperm is dank.

However a few of my good friends were adopted, and are vehemently against abortion. And if i were in their position i would probably feel the same way. Had their biological parents decided to/been able to get an abortion, they wouldnt exist. Life isnt black and white.
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6791

OMGEliteGaming wrote:

my sperm is dank.
aha that made me laugh.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard