no, I've already moved on to other games3%3% - 5
no, quake isn't my thing13%13% - 20
no, I'm sticking with 2142 all the way (lawl)12%12% - 19
I skipped 2142 to wait for QW6%6% - 10
Total: 147
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6661
It's coming, and I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever it will blow 2142 out of the water. In fact, it will crush it like a T1 aeon AA boat gets crushed by an atlantis. and atlantises fucking own.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
jsnipy
+3,276|6530|...

Yep, I'm in for sure! 2142 is starting to wane for me and it will be a welcome change.
jsnipy[railgun]SargeV1.4

Last edited by jsnipy (2007-03-30 10:28:31)

The_Killer
Banned
+113|6533|dunno
Yes and it will kill any game that ea and dice make.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6453|The Land of Scott Walker
Quake isn't my thing, so no.  I'll be playing 2142, R6:Vegas, and FL:FOW when it's released.  Have fun, though, hope you like it.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6501|N. Ireland
I'll be doing both. But I'll whore QW when it first comes out.
jsnipy
+3,276|6530|...

leetkyle wrote:

I'll be doing both. But I'll whore QW when it first comes out.
you do both?
jord
+2,382|6686|The North, beyond the wall.

SargeV1.4 wrote:

It's coming, and I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever it will blow 2142 out of the water. In fact, it will crush it like a T1 aeon AA boat gets crushed by an atlantis. and atlantises fucking own.
From what i've heard it's easier than beating a blind,disabled pensioner in a sprint.

People have said you can stand up,shoot 20 rounds and each will be dead on accurate.

I thought you were into high learning curves Sarge,you changed,you wen't and got all changy on me.

But,i'll probably get it,i don't really listen to people's advice.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6661

jord wrote:

From what i've heard it's easier than beating a blind,disabled pensioner in a sprint.

People have said you can stand up,shoot 20 rounds and each will be dead on accurate.
yes, and you also have to annouce yourself to the enemy before you can fire, not to mention that moving while shooting or being shot at is strictly prohibited and all the vehicles can be taken down by a single pistol shot or a nearby squirrel falling out of a tree (damn realism again )

Last edited by SargeV1.4 (2007-03-30 10:42:54)

https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6476
It looks great but I think balance is going to be a huge problem. A video I watched of it really portrayed the Strogg as much stronger than the humans, an individual Strogg infantry can by default deploy a wicked automated stationary cannon that ripes apart human forces and they said their will be AntiVehicle versions as well, a bit on the unfair side considering the human infantry cannon deploy anything close. Not only this but they said that they will never do even minor alterations to any weapons or vehicles no matter how overpowered they are and that people playing for months will be the way they are brought down. Obviously they never heard about J-10s.
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6718|Sweden
Will sure try it out looks promising but so many games fuck up nowadays
JovesApples
+4|6461|USA
i wish 'em luck with ET:QW, but i think its gonna just end up a UT clone.

i think its funny how people say its gonna blow away 2142... sight unseen.

i think that game was gonna come out the same time as 2142, now when is it coming out? late 2007, early 2008?

Doom3 engine will be ancient by that time. 24 players max online, and from the movies i have seen the game looks slow paced.

interesting but i wouldnt get my hopes up
NemeSiS-Factor
Favorite Weapon? Pistol
+29|6678|Everett, WA, US
Uhg, Quake sucks.  I can't stand those arcade games.  Super accurate weapons, bunny hopping the preferred method of travel.  I went back to BF2 from 2142.
Machine_Madness
Madness has now come over me
+20|6444|Brisbane, Australia
Its just gonna be a 2142 version of CS with aliens........sounds great   *COUGH*
HellGuard99
+2|6532
I hate arcade style FPS except Counter Strike Source, so no... Especially Since I hated Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory as well as Quake. What makes me think that I'm gona move to; QW
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6542|Edmonton Alberta
we all know that quake wars is going to kill bf2 and bf2142
Raphi
Banned
+354|6266|Basel, Switzerland

straz_mataz wrote:

we all know that quake wars is going to kill bf2 and bf2142
Let's fight for 2142 (surely not for EA)!
Ice Cold Killa
+26|6451|Perth, W.A, Australia.
2142 is real boring for me now, i have moved back to BF2 so yeah ill most likely give Quake Wars a go
kptk92
u
+972|6416|tc_london
Let me read some reviews, I've heard of this, but never looked into it properly.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6534|Singapore
i'll try the demo out first and if my computer can handle it without any hitches, and maybe i'll buy it if i find it fun or to my liking
Krysiss
+15|6482|NL
Atleast I know for sure you need some skills in ET;QW instead of BF21242 what is highly nerfed...
glad I haven't bought it.

also the sales are pretty low for a battlefield serie  xd fucking there own fualt!! EA and there policy is on crack ahaha

Last edited by Krysiss (2007-03-31 04:14:38)

NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6476

Machine_Madness wrote:

Its just gonna be a 2142 version of CS with aliens........sounds great   *COUGH*
I lol'd
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Machine_Madness
Madness has now come over me
+20|6444|Brisbane, Australia

NooBesT[FiN] wrote:

Machine_Madness wrote:

I lol'd
Because im rite
Fuzzball_the_Shooter
The Photographer.
+81|6712|Central Valley,California
Yes, I am buying it.
JimmyBotswana
+82|6593|Montreal
I will play it until FFOW comes out, and then I will play that until the next Battlefield on PC, which I will then play until Spore comes out, and then no one will ever hear from me again.
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6542|Edmonton Alberta
to anyone that thinks quake wars is going to be a shit game OMG CSS with aliens!!! i urge you to watch these videos on this myspace page ( yes i know myspace sucks donkey balls)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu … =123442958

and a very detailed article about one of the maps in quake wars
http://www.pcgamer.com/images/QuakeWars%20Online.pdf

Last edited by straz_mataz (2007-03-31 12:57:26)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard