11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5229|Cleveland, Ohio

mtb0minime wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

i'm not saying people are morons for getting married, having kids, and buying a house.  i'm saying people are morons for divorcing.
i am
Well that's not very positive

Chin up, old man, I'm sure there's someone out there for you
Positively Positive and Truthful

and i live with someone...we just dont feel the need to follow what we are told we should do
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6403|'Murka

HaiBai wrote:

honestly, it isn't that hard.
You haven't the slightest clue what you're talking about.

Marriage is very, very hard work. Staying married is much, much more difficult than getting divorced. It's always easier to quit than to stick with something.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5694|College Park, MD

FEOS wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

Marriage is very, very hard work. Staying married is much, much more difficult than getting divorced. It's always easier to quit than to stick with something.
Well I for one am glad your marriage has been so strong, and I wish you many more years of happiness with Neo (get it? get it? "the one"? ha! ha!)
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5476|Bolingbrook, Illinois

FEOS wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

that wasn't my point.  anyway  I don't know anything about marriage so ok.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6530|Long Island, New York
They should just make marriage (on a legal level) a renewable contract. Every 5 years you have to renew, unless you're no longer interested in staying married. It sucks that this is what marriage has come to, but many people are saying marriage will soon be obsolete.

Making marriage a renewable contract would save the time, money and frustration of a long legal battle. My parents divorce took about 3 years, but I'm extremely glad they got divorced. I live with my mom when I'm home from college and money's tight, but I'm happy. My dad is pretty happy with my stepmom (I have a 1 1/2 year old baby sister now as well) and my mom is still searching.

Last edited by Poseidon (2010-11-28 13:40:42)

Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6615|Little Bentcock
lol haibai. do you honestly think people go into marriage in the mindset that its not gonna work out? all of them go in thinking that they will be married for ever and ever. but reality is different.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6489

seventeen + years ( i married late in life) and i can honestly say - there's nothing like it. someone to love more than yourself, someone who has your back no matter what. i was happy being single, but marriage has brought real joy into my life.
HaiBai

Adams_BJ wrote:

lol haibai. do you honestly think people go into marriage in the mindset that its not gonna work out? all of them go in thinking that they will be married for ever and ever. but reality is different.
because they're stupid.

"oh hey we have great sex and ive known you for 6 months lets get married, im going to love spending the rest of my life with you!"

"yay ok, this is the happiest day of my life!"

6 months later they're divorced.  usually, the ones who are fooled into thinking that they're going to have a successful marriage are the dumb ones.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6729|Oxferd Ohire
lol
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6489

HaiBai wrote:

because they're stupid.
they*re  stupid?

you, next to finray, make the biggest ass cheeks on this forum. only the admin that repeatedly allows pace51 back in keeps either of you becoming the asshole . . .
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6564

burnzz wrote:

seventeen + years ( i married late in life) and i can honestly say - there's nothing like it. someone to love more than yourself, someone who has your back no matter what. i was happy being single, but marriage has brought real joy into my life.
i'd agree with this, except i'm 21. she's my best friend, we do everything together, etc. it's great. we've been together since we were 14, and i told her i love her at 16, and i still feel the same. it's amazing to live your life with someone in this way.

brb gonna cry

but on topic... pros everything, cons nothing

it's a great thing

Last edited by Toilet Sex (2010-11-28 20:45:45)

Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6615|Little Bentcock

HaiBai wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

because they're stupid.

"oh hey we have great sex and ive known you for 6 months lets get married, im going to love spending the rest of my life with you!"

6 months later they're divorced.  usually, the ones who are fooled into thinking that they're going to have a successful marriage are the dumb ones.
you must be trolling
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6564

Adams_BJ wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

because they're stupid.

you must be trolling
it may seem so, but he's probably serious. haibai is so painfully stupid it's like he isn't being serious.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6403|'Murka

HaiBai wrote:

I don't know anything about marriage so ok.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6767|Moscow, Russia
i'd been married for four years when a lost my wife. i can honestly say - there's nothing like it. to loose someone you got so attached to, someone you cared for more than you did for yourself - it fucking hurts.
it's been about seven years since then and finally i think i'm going to re-marry soon (didn't think i still had it in me, surprised myself). i just want to say, if i may, to those considering marriage: it's a big decision, don't take it lightly and do your best to make it work.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6706|Purplicious Wisconsin
My parents are still married after 31 years and in a few months they will be married for 32 years. Sure they may fight a bit, but that is part of marriage from my observation. Even best friends may get into fights with eachother.

Poseidon wrote:

jord wrote:

Yeah anyone who gets divorced is clearly a moron.

Haibai you're on the same level as warman. Which I guess is insulting for the us education system...
War Man has never been in the US Education system. So he says.
In a sense, I am in the US education system.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5742|شمال
haha...pros
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6381

FEOS wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

Very very hard work?
Sounds like you married the wrong person.
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6492|so randum
i stuck it in a girl once
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
jord
+2,382|6670|The North, beyond the wall.
I think I did but neither of us knew for sure then I passed out
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6663|UK
i bummed meks mum
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6564

i bummed mek
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6663|UK
i never got why mek got flammed all the time, is it cos he's a miserable fuck?
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6564

yeah he basically moans all the time like a little twat
HaiBai
stats don't lie.  the stupid divorce more than the smart.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard