Does 2142 Suck?

Yes40%40% - 65
No50%50% - 81
Yes8%8% - 14
Total: 160
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6665|Camp XRay

Personally I think it does. I am surprised people have not been more out spoken about it. With the release of the new booster pack I wanted to gauge everyones feelings on it now. I stopped playing a few weeks after it came out.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6610|Mountains of NC

try out the new booster and then see if it changes your mind - I was starting to get a little tired of it but I played a little bit of NS this morning and it is a really good booster
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6780|The Hague, Netherlands

I think it doesn't

- more based on teamplay (yes yes yes I know, but I know when I played in good squads)
- new booster pack maps are fun

and other then that is different then Battlefield 2 not more shit (maybe personal opinion ok) but it's different
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6531|Gogledd Cymru

yeah i think it is but i got banned last time i said so so errmm (whispers to everyone but mods yes)
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6602
It doesn't suck. It' very good. Faster action but you have to play Titan mode. The conquest is pretty boring.
Ki][mE
OMG H4XOR!
+51|6605|I'm a Viking....Norway
yes!
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6680|Montreal, Qc, Canada
Simple as :

Y

E

S
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6623|SE London

Of course 2142 sucks.

Although I've only played 3 or 4 rounds, that was enough for me. It's just not fun.
EKpang
+1|6692|Norway
im neutral to 2142, its ok but i only play once every 14 days or something
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6780|The Hague, Netherlands

Bertster7 wrote:

Of course 2142 sucks.

Although I've only played 3 or 4 rounds, that was enough for me. It's just not fun.
thats just typical, srry to say it but

1) you paid for it
2) you only played 3/4 rounds

ohh and then you say the game sucks, lol talking about throwing away your money, now I don't care if you hate it but with most of the haters they haven't played (and I mean really played it) to really give a judgement,
if you only needed 3/4 then you could have stayed with the Open Beta.

and yeah and then its real hard to say that something  sucks, well it's your money.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6667|Quebec city, Canada
2142 sucks because :

1.Ranks mean nothing. I mean, you can get general within a month, and now everyone is a senior officier, pretty unrealistic and no challenge.
2.Only two armies so after 2 weeks of playing, it gets boring..
3.less vehicles so less possibilities of gameplay
4.everything is nerfed : helicopters suck balls and get destroyed too easily, not to mention that they may be taken down with an EMP shot which is pretty cheap.
5.Weapons are.. weird (but just a personnal opinion)
6.no airplanes (ok ok they got replaced with a hybrid piece of shit)
jsnipy
+3,276|6564|...

no, I like it (and I like bf2 as well)

IMO, I think some people hate it so much because they cannot (a) replicate their bf2 success or (b) don't want to leave their bf2 stats behind or (c) like to fly mostly (which is where 2142 fails). I didn't ease into it and did not think I would be playing it as much as I did, but it grew on me.

-=raska=- wrote:

2142 sucks because :

1.Ranks mean nothing. I mean, you can get general within a month, and now everyone is a senior officier, pretty unrealistic and no challenge.
Spending a lot of time doing something is not an indication of skill .. in fact you gain rank faster if you HAVE more skill doing different things and leading properly in 2142.

Last edited by jsnipy (2007-03-08 13:01:50)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6691

I only played the beta, but I hated it. Doubt the final version is much better tbh.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6409|Columbus, Ohio
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes...........................
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6674|949

yes, for me it was horrible.  The learning curve is shit in my opinion.

Everything is nerfed.

You move like you have rocks in your pants

Vehicles are way shittier.

Then again, that is my opinion.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6813|PNW

This belongs in 'Other Titles.'

jsnipy wrote:

no, I like it (and I like bf2 as well)

IMO, I think some people hate it so much because they cannot (a) replicate their bf2 success or (b) don't want to leave their bf2 stats behind or (c) like to fly mostly (which is where 2142 fails). I didn't ease into it and did not think I would be playing it as much as I did, but it grew on me.

-=raska=- wrote:

2142 sucks because :

Spending a lot of time doing something is not an indication of skill .. in fact you gain rank faster if you HAVE more skill doing different things and leading properly in 2142.
Actually, people were mad because when 2142 was announced, BF2 was still a nest of bugs. That being said, I enjoy the demo and occasionally stomping around in a mech, but it didn't hook me quite like Gulf of Oman did in the BF2 demo.
lxcpikiman
imbad @ bf2
+70|6637|Toronto-Canada
it does not suck but it doesn't compete with bf2(bf2 pwns)
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog

jsnipy wrote:

-=raska=- wrote:

2142 sucks because :

2142 doesnt take more skill than bf2 for ranking...

I mean, you get hundreds of free points with awards, + scoring at 2142 is easier because of the maps... The point I want to bring is that ranks mean nothing because we earn them too quickly. Ive 555 hours at bf2, im a captain and I still have some aspects to improve and learn (my tv skills need improvement, my sniping, etc) and thats why I dont have the highest rank...

In 2142, you can get general within a few dozens of hours, so the rank means nothing imo... The thing I hate too, is when you look at the scoreboard, 3/4 of the players are a senior officer, which is unrealistic. I know I know 2142 is pretty far away from realism, as well as the battlefield series... but seeing 3/4 of the players being is ... not cool

edit : Jennings reminded me : piloting aircrafts take absolutely no skill, I mean, its impossible to crash because of a piloting error... however, you may be taken down because of an emp shot from a tank, which brings you down in a few seconds...

Last edited by -=raska=- (2007-03-08 13:09:59)

Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6531|Gogledd Cymru

i got to some weird star silver rank or something then gave up becaus eit was boring the only fun i got out of it was titan mode, even then i statpadded ammo lol.... or clark whoring on the titan when no-one had it now everyon has it, i played it a couple of weeks ago for the first time in like 3 or so months for a round, one round then got bored with it and went on bf2 with my clan, whcih was much more fun
Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6522|Purdue
I like 2142, but I haven't played it in a while. I'd rather play Gears, Crackdown, or WoW, so I'm not gunna spend $10 on something (Northern Strike) that i'm not gunna use right now. I'll prolly pick it (Northern Strike) up somewhere down the line though, looks fun.
Doperwt.
Anouk, Slayers little bitch
+80|6436|Belgium

-=raska=- wrote:

2142 sucks because :

2.Only two armies so after 2 weeks of playing, it gets boring..
3.less vehicles so less possibilities of gameplay
4.everything is nerfed : helicopters suck balls and get destroyed too easily, not to mention that they may be taken down with an EMP shot which is pretty cheap.
5.Weapons are.. weird (but just a personnal opinion)
6.no airplanes (ok ok they got replaced with a hybrid piece of shit)
1) it is more fun because you dont have to play 24/7 to get some nice guns.
2) Well In bf 2 you also play with 2 teams on one map and most people just play the mec maps, so also just 2 teams;)
3) ok we miss a big buggy, but alsmost even number of vehicles
4) well if an emp missile hits your airplane, all controls go down and you crash (more realistic )
5) weapons  are different. so are the weapons of bf2 compared to bf vietnam and bf1942
6) fast attackchopper. more balanced, not j10 whoring= more fun
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6510

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

I think it doesn't

- more based on teamplay (yes yes yes I know, but I know when I played in good squads)
- new booster pack maps are fun

and other then that is different then Battlefield 2 not more shit (maybe personal opinion ok) but it's different
All to true. I and don't we already have a whole bunch of threads like this? Oh and Ghettoperson, the beta did suck but the final is alot better, like pretty much everything is better than in the beta.

Last edited by doctastrangelove1964 (2007-03-08 13:14:20)

jsnipy
+3,276|6564|...

-=raska=- wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

-=raska=- wrote:

2142 sucks because :

2142 doesnt take more skill than bf2 for ranking...

I mean, you get hundreds of free points with awards, + scoring at 2142 is easier because of the maps... The point I want to bring is that ranks mean nothing because we earn them too quickly. Ive 555 hours at bf2, im a captain and I still have some aspects to improve and learn (my tv skills need improvement, my sniping, etc) and thats why I dont have the highest rank...

In 2142, you can get general within a few dozens of hours, so the rank means nothing imo... The thing I hate too, is when you look at the scoreboard, 3/4 of the players are a senior officer, which is unrealistic. I know I know 2142 is pretty far away from realism, as well as the battlefield series... but seeing 3/4 of the players being is ... not cool
You know, the rank means nothing in either game! Why does something taking more time make it better? And why should have to pay in excess of 6 months to unlock every thing? At least 2142 rewards a player for playing different classes and doing different things. The reason it is shorter is probally because EA does not want you playing the same game for 5 years lol. By your rationale why aren't you still playing DesertCombat? Because it took waaaaaaaaaaaaay more skill to shoot down a helo with a stinger and it took much more skill to fly

Last edited by jsnipy (2007-03-08 13:16:06)

m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6713|UK
Its tailored more to stoopid infantry combat.

what part of FIELD in battlefield don't these fuckers understand?
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog

Doperwt. wrote:

1) it is more fun because you dont have to play 24/7 to get some nice guns.
2) Well In bf 2 you also play with 2 teams on one map and most people just play the mec maps, so also just 2 teams;)
3) ok we miss a big buggy, but alsmost even number of vehicles
4) well if an emp missile hits your airplane, all controls go down and you crash (more realistic )
5) weapons  are different. so are the weapons of bf2 compared to bf vietnam and bf1942
6) fast attackchopper. more balanced, not j10 whoring= more fun
1) not a good reason, the fun in bf2 is that a rank is satisfying. Anyway, to get nice guns in bf2 you only have to get 20 000 pts, or 50 000 if you want them all... and you know it, when you have already 10 unlocked guns, the 4 that left suck..
2) Well I like to play every army

4) yeah but it happens too much times lol
5) that was just a personal opinion...
6) yeah its more balanced but its also a problem. You get one attack chopper per team, and you wait 45 seconds for it, its normal to have it stronger than other vehicles. More balanced doesnt mean more fun, when your attack chopper is as strong as a ground infantry.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard