SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6791|Perth, Western Australia
Just trying to get a feel for how the REAL pro's fly...

Staying Alive: If targetted by AA I drop flares and then get as low to the ground as possible and try to find something to put between me and the emplacement/mobile

Taking out enemy AA sites: If they're targetting me I just drop flares, pray for the best and fly straight at them lining my gunner up (NOT the smartest thing to do I know)

Hellfire Usage: Use for infantry, armour, and other chopper at long range

CHOPPER V CHOPPER: I DONT barrel roll. It looks undignified, and also you lose altitude, which from what I've understood is a fairly imprtant thing in medium range confrontations. I also try to close the range rapidly (only because my usual fool of a gunner (clanmate Dev13131313) can TV tanks and other shit that... well that stands still but is not that great at hitting choppers)

Avoiding jets: If I hear a lock or see tracers flying past I put the nose UP and tilt either right or left so I end up BELOW and PERPENDICULAR to the jet

what about you guys...

PS I searched but couldnt find it... can anyone direct me to the guide (it might be in wikis or in the forums themselves) that show where the TV view is pointing in relation to the pilots HUD?

THNX
cablecopulate
+449|6743|Massachusetts.
secretsofbattlefield.com has the pilot/gunner viewscreens you ask for.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6712|67.222.138.85
http://www.secretsofbattlefield.com/heliguide.php

Scroll down a bit and you'll see the line-ups for the hellfire.

My opinion on tactics
cablecopulate
+449|6743|Massachusetts.
ps: Starscream is great and all, but does your sig have to have a pic of him wasting Brawn?
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two

cablecopulate wrote:

ps: Starscream is great and all, but does your sig have to have a pic of him wasting Brawn?
ROFL I just changed it then... and Screamer wasting Brawn was IMHO THE BEST moment in Transformers. EVER
(Second was Scrapper melting down Prowl)

cablecopulate wrote:

secretsofbattlefield.com has the pilot/gunner viewscreens you ask for.
TY thats the one I was looking for

Last edited by SharkyMcshark (2007-03-04 19:08:05)

cablecopulate
+449|6743|Massachusetts.
Sorry dude, but Brawn was the toughest motherfucker out there. Also, the best Transformers moment ever was Rampage dying and taking Depth Charge with him. kafuckingboom! Or Ultra Magnus dying. He got ownedddddd.
bobby177
+129|6479|Texas.. getting out asap
Isnt transformers for ... 8 year olds?
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two

cablecopulate wrote:

Sorry dude, but Brawn was the toughest motherfucker out there. Also, the best Transformers moment ever was Rampage dying and taking Depth Charge with him. kafuckingboom! Or Ultra Magnus dying. He got ownedddddd.
Yeah rampage was good beause I didnt see it coming... and I dont see how UM was COMPLETELY blown apart but put back together in mint condition, something they didnt do with Prowl Brawn Ironhide Wheeljack (in the Western continuity, he didnt die in Japan) Windcharger or Huffer

But for me Brawn being pwnt wins because it was the first time TF fans saw a Transformer get shot AND STAY DOWN FFS. TFTM 86 was good because it didnt portray a fully 'kiddified' version of war where no one died and there were no casualties and everyone went away happy, which is EXACTLY what the series had portrayed before this.

bobby177 wrote:

Isnt transformers for ... 8 year olds?
Ummmm... no

Anyway go me way to derail a thread...

But seriously Chopper tactics post them ffs
cablecopulate
+449|6743|Massachusetts.

SharkyMcshark wrote:

Yeah rampage was good beause I didnt see it coming... and I dont see how UM was COMPLETELY blown apart but put back together in mint condition, something they didnt do with Prowl Brawn Ironhide Wheeljack (in the Western continuity, he didnt die in Japan) Windcharger or Huffer

But seriously Chopper tactics post them ffs
I meant when Magnus died in the Japanese continuity, sorry. Sixshot owned him.

Chopper tactics? Barrel roll until your gunner is dizzy. Who cares if it looks undignified, so does teabagging and we all do it.

Stay high when piloting. Your gunner has a better view of targets/the combat area and you're out of range for most ground based targets.

Learn to circle strafe. Learn the really wide ones you can do around a whole flag area, to small tight ones you can do right over a tank or mobile aa (great if you have no gunner or a bad one.)

Change camera views a lot. Use the control key to see more while piloting. I always change the view so I can see the whole chopper from the front when I have an unknown lock on me.

Look at the minimap for targets. Ask your team to spot stuff for you.

Give support to your ground pounders!
alpinestar
+304|6601|New York City baby.
i usually park my cobra on mec airfield with c4 on top of it and go to bathroom when i come back i just click left mouse button
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two

alpinestar wrote:

i usually park my cobra on mec airfield with c4 on top of it and go to bathroom when i come back i just click left mouse button
ROFL

cablecopulate wrote:

I meant when Magnus died in the Japanese continuity, sorry. Sixshot owned him.
Oh yeah, with some wierd seventh mode wasnt it? What was it again....

cablecopulate wrote:

Change camera views a lot. Use the control key to see more while piloting. I always change the view so I can see the whole chopper from the front when I have an unknown lock on me.
Yeah roger that. I already check hind view obsessively even if theres no APPARENT danger... whats a good button to bind it to so I dont keep keeling over trying to figure out which way to swing the mouse in hind view? (ALWAYS HAPPENS)
unmountable
+6|6521|Berlin, Germany

SharkyMcshark wrote:

cablecopulate wrote:

Yeah roger that. I already check hind view obsessively even if theres no APPARENT danger... whats a good button to bind it to so I dont keep keeling over trying to figure out which way to swing the mouse in hind view? (ALWAYS HAPPENS)
I never change the camera view, because it often makes me crashing the heli into some trees or something like that.
Which happens often, when I accidently hit den "c"-button instead of "x" wanting to flare... :-D

Seriously, I don't think you've got to change the views to spot a locking threat. Normally you know where the stinger-sites are located on the map and if you got a good gunner, he will spot all the things for you.

What else?

Always keep moving and change directions often. Hovering still over a flag makes you an easy target for tv-missiles, etc. That's why I almost never take flags with a helicopter - that's what the ground troops are for. Your task is to support them, taking out enemy tanks and helis.

But then again, if you're are moving in fast circles to the air, you'll need a good gunner, who takes out tanks within the timeframe of 1/2 second you are showing them to him.
I've got the luck to have a friend who's a decent gunner. If we fly together, we're talking via teamspeak - that makes the teamwork a lot easier.
Longbow
+163|6652|Odessa, Ukraine
I fly only with my clanmates , no matter pilot or gunner .

p/s SharkyMcshark L85A1 suck bolls compared to M16 and AK's

Last edited by Longbow (2007-03-05 03:16:25)

fightingw/outfightng.
my missiles go further than yours
+11|6356

SharkyMcshark wrote:

Staying Alive: If targetted by AA I drop flares and then get as low to the ground as possible and try to find something to put between me and the emplacement/mobile

Taking out enemy AA sites: If they're targetting me I just drop flares, pray for the best and fly straight at them lining my gunner up (NOT the smartest thing to do I know)

CHOPPER V CHOPPER: I DONT barrel roll. It looks undignified, and also you lose altitude, which from what I've understood is a fairly imprtant thing in medium range confrontations. I also try to close the range rapidly (only because my usual fool of a gunner (clanmate Dev13131313) can TV tanks and other shit that... well that stands still but is not that great at hitting choppers)

Avoiding jets: If I hear a lock or see tracers flying past I put the nose UP and tilt either right or left so I end up BELOW and PERPENDICULAR to the jet

what about you guys...

PS I searched but couldnt find it... can anyone direct me to the guide (it might be in wikis or in the forums themselves) that show where the TV view is pointing in relation to the pilots HUD?

THNX
Thats pretty much how I fly, tho i try to move away from AA sites or find cover then give my gunner a shot at it thats just in range instead of flying at it. I don't like to barrel roll as a good gunner will hit you everytime but if your not going to roll you need to have a good dodge...the best i think is strafing then cutting the thrust as the tv gets half way to you.

I use the "ctrl" view a lot to find out where everything is, you can see about 270 degrees so i dont feel the need to change views that often.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6505|so randum

Longbow wrote:

p/s SharkyMcshark L85A1 suck bolls compared to M16 and AK's
No, not really
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6658|pimelteror.de
stay low and use every cover, when you are threated from jets. if you fly high, they will pierce you with bullets.

when you attack ground forces fly higher, so at and tanks don´t get you easily.

always listen to what your copilot is spotting. don´t line your gunner up against a tank, when he spots an incoming enemy chopper to your flank.

learn both sides to understand, how a gunner or a pilot thinks. what i hate most, are "oh i can´t fly. pls let me be gunner"-highranks..

if you see a clanteam on the pad, let them fly together.
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6573

SharkyMcshark wrote:

Usually my altitude is @ 150-200 meters and if i hear a lock-on tone i either releases flares immediately and switch to the TV rocket to kill him or if i do not know who is aiming at me i do a barrelroll and when i am upside down i release the flares and dive behind an obstacle.

Trying to stay at the maximum range and before i switch to the Copilot/TV Missile i tilt up the nose so that the helo turns automatically and flys into the opposite direction while i am steering the TV missile.

Do a Barrelroll immediately when the Warntone appears, when upside down release flares, search the jet and try to shot him down with the TV rocket. If it doesn't work in the first try flame this J-10 lowskiller who thinks he has skill by using an almost invincible jet. Then shot him down in the second try and flame again.

Last edited by fierce (2007-03-05 04:29:54)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6721
Watch Chopper vids, that's what I do.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6627|Gold coast, Aus.
1: Get in Mi-28
2: Fly to TV station
3: Hover there for entire round

Enjoy your 300 point round!

In all seriousness, i watched heli videos for awhile. Hard to explain in words tbh.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6633|IRELAND

SharkyMcshark wrote:

Stay back, stay low and behind cover..........if you know were the fixed AA is, line up and rise above the cover and give your gunner a shot. Then drop back down. You need the element of surprise to attack an AA with just rockets IMO. I usually spot mobile AA, drop behind cover and let my gunner know via VOIP, wait for the "ready" word from him and rise up to give a shot.

SharkyMcshark wrote:

Yes barrel roll, who cares what it looks like, it can keep you alive, especially up against a good TV gunner. Yes you loose altitude, that's why you only use it when with in medium range.As you loose altitude fly directly at the attacking chopper, continue to drop altitude to gain speed. Its enough to force the other chopper to drop its nose to get a shot which makes him loose altitude. and the closer you get the further the opposing pilot must put his nose down and the more hight he looses. Some more experienced pilots don't fall for this and simply circle, pull back and give their gunner a shot, but usually they cant resist having a shot as the gunners missile is still recharging.

SharkyMcshark wrote:

Jets are only really a problem in low populated servers because they need to throttle off to hit a good chopper pilot, leaving themselves vulnerable to AA and other jets.
CONSTANT COMMUNICATION BETWEEN PILOT AND GUNNER IS THE KEY.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6652
If there's good chopper crews on the other team stay high. If there's not, stay lower.
too_money2007
+145|6313|Keller, Tx
AA locks on me, I wait a second and then drop my flares. I see the direction the trails leave and spin around and tv the site, killing the idiot that sill sits there.

Chop v Chop, I simply tv them and go about my business.

Jets, I let them pass and track them for their next attack. Then, I tv them when they get into range and fly straight at me.

Solo > gunner.

Me = winner.

I only solo.

Last edited by too_money2007 (2007-03-05 08:15:21)

Gravity
Infantry Whore
+37|6846
I only fly with Deltaforce87, Murder, or Hawaiian thats my strategy.
TehMyke
8======D
+343|6714

SharkyMcshark wrote:

Chopper Pilots - How do you conduct YOUR business
M95 for Pilot Seat, Red line gunner, Solo TV/Chain Gun rape bases.

- In before flame
» You guys are all old and wrinkly now, GG... | Steam | teHmyke.com | YouTube
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6725|California

TehMyke wrote:

SharkyMcshark wrote:

Chopper Pilots - How do you conduct YOUR business
M95 for Pilot Seat, Red line gunner, Solo TV/Chain Gun rape bases.

- In before flame
First post I believe in, awesome!

Its all about gunners. I use my shit only when he misses. SF choppers are different though. SF pilots/gunners should have the same amount of kills by the end of the round (Iron Gator exception)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard