kylef
Gone
+1,352|6508|N. Ireland
Preload: You are liable to download the entire contents of the game, but will not be playable until a release date.

If ever you see the word 'preload' - it does NOT mean you will be playing the game. It means it will be DOWNLOADED but not playable until the release.

Okay? Too many threads complaining about 'WHAT THIS CRAP EA SUX BUT I LOVE ALL THEIR GAMES YUM YUM'

kyle.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6583|Mountains of NC

I bow down to your definition but I still think its ridiculous to be able to download the game now but unplayable till march 6th

whats the point of the download on the 1st then ???????????
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
gmoschgat
+5|6464
its misleading or they would have said that even though you paid for it you cant play for another 6 days. point it out where they describe what a preload means.
Icleos
+101|6757
So you can have it before the official release...
Otherwise you're going to be fighting everyone else to download it.  If you haven't noticed yet the EA master server is under a giant strain.
Me and several clan members have not been able to properly connect.  None of our stats/ranks/unlocks show up and then shortly after a CTD happens.

Last edited by Icleos (2007-03-01 11:22:04)

jamiet757
+138|6637

SEREMAKER wrote:

I bow down to your definition but I still think its ridiculous to be able to download the game now but unplayable till march 6th

Marketing....Period.

It allows time for people to get all hyped up about it, so maybe some people who wouldn't buy it change their minds.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6460|The Land of Scott Walker

SEREMAKER wrote:

. . . not having to download on release day with everyone else.  Probably at about 1kb/sec . . .
fasty77killa
+2|6542|Omaha NE
to save bandwidth for ea

everyone who got it will download it the 1st then the 6 ea does not suffer a serious bandwidth issue
gmoschgat
+5|6464

jamiet757 wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

Marketing....Period.

It allows time for people to get all hyped up about it, so maybe some people who wouldn't buy it change their minds.
Agreed! but how about a disclaimer that say hey all you handsome bf players this is what we are going to do to help the strain of the master server. order now and see u on the 6th. i should work for them
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6508|N. Ireland
No, it means that you can get above the rush and play AS SOON AS IT comes out.
MrEzeuss
+26|6405|Nethterlands (ZH)
Hmm, i think it's smart of EA to do it like this, but i would have liked them to be more clear on this.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6508|N. Ireland
hence the thread.
MrEzeuss
But, just but, when you download the software, you have the data on your harddisk right?
So why can't it be installed?
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6725|Sweden

Stingray24 wrote:

. . . not having to download on release day with everyone else.  Probably at about 1kb/sec . . .
GeoEnvi
+22|6702|Philadelphia, PA

leetkyle wrote:

hence the thread.
I knew what you we're getting at with the thread.  It pissed me off too when I signed up for the expansion last night at 11:55pm...
GR34
+215|6560|ALBERTA> CANADA
there has to be some sort of HAX to get it to play bedfor the date
Auqakuh2213
Bianchi Whore.
+53|6684

SEREMAKER wrote:

The point is, it means that a certain percentage will buy it before the current build has even been played. Net result: guaranteed sales without dropoff because people whinge publically immediately after release. Can't get a refund if you've downloaded it! (Unless you're lucky enough to live somewhere where you can return a product within 14/28 days. )

GR34 wrote:

No, there's no point. Couldn't play ranked, since your account would be -highly- visible; and if you can't play it ranked, nobody is going to bother to even try. Would just entail a bunch of accounts getting reset/blocked.

Last edited by Auqakuh2213 (2007-03-01 17:34:04)

jamiet757
+138|6637
Why is everyone so confused with the term Preload? Look at the word....pre...meaning before.  If it was meant to be played right now it would just be called a load.  stop being stupid, get off your computer chairs, and go to english class for christs sake.
jsnipy
+3,276|6537|...

SEREMAKER wrote:

because ...

ThomasMorgan wrote:

It takes longer to download it than it does to install.

Plus, this way it takes a lot of the load off their servers.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 6#p1246486

Last edited by jsnipy (2007-03-01 18:48:55)

gmoschgat
+5|6464

jamiet757 wrote:

Why is everyone so confused with the term Preload? Look at the word....pre...meaning before.  If it was meant to be played right now it would just be called a load.  stop being stupid, get off your computer chairs, and go to english class for christs sake.
ummmm...your stupid.  when the world bought the "pre load"  it was made to sound like it was available today. ea choose not to be up front about this. why is then that all of us people are bitching about this. NOWHERE WAS IT STATED IT WOULD BE LIKE THIS. I'm going to order a pizza now ..being mad makes me hungry..............................after i ordered the food and paid, pizza hut said they would get that out to me next week.
Green
+4|6311

jamiet757 wrote:

get off your computer chairs, and go to english class for christs sake.
Christ's sake...

... sorry, had to do it.
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6585|United States
What's the big deal in pre-downloading the game? Is it really life or death to be able to play the booster pack the very second that it becomes playable?? Are you somehow cool being able to say "I played Northern Strike in the first ranked server ever!" I must be a kid thing. If you're worried about not being able to download the pack at full speed from EA on the day of release then why not wait a day or two??
MrEzeuss

BeerzGod wrote:

What's the big deal in pre-downloading the game? Is it really life or death to be able to play the booster pack the very second that it becomes playable?? Are you somehow cool being able to say "I played Northern Strike in the first ranked server ever!" I must be a kid thing. If you're worried about not being able to download the pack at full speed from EA on the day of release then why not wait a day or two??
The problem is that if you join in later in the game, you are in somewhat of a disadvantage.
I started out playing BF2 just before BF2142 came out. It was good, but almost everyone had a higher rank then me, thus more/better weapons to choose from and knew all the ins and outs of the equipment/playing fields.
So yes, it's a big advantage to play the game right on. And yes everyone is going all 'OMGWTFBBQ' over something that doesn't need to be 'OMGWTFBBQ' going over.
jamiet757
+138|6637

gmoschgat wrote:

ummmm...your stupid.
wow...nice comeback....

even if EA led us to believe that it would be available that day, it is still evident by the word Preload, that it would not be.  Look on Steam sometime, when you preload something, it just downloads it and waits to unlock it until it is released.  I never saw anything that made me believe it would be available to play on the 1st, I knew I could download in on the 1st, but then I would have to wait to play it.  Next time, think before you type.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6285
I thought the word 'Pre-Load' fairly obvious that you wouldnt be able to play until the 6th.

gmoschgat wrote:

ummmm...your stupid.  when the world bought the "pre load"  it was made to sound like it was available today. ea choose not to be up front about this. why is then that all of us people are bitching about this. NOWHERE WAS IT STATED IT WOULD BE LIKE THIS.
Um, yeah, thats what a pre-load is. It doesnt say Pre-Play.

And anyway, stop whining, its only another 5 days you have to wait. Its not as if they told you you could play it on the 1st (which they didn't) and then made you wait another month or anything.

Its less than a week until they stated you could play the game, and so its less than a week until you can play the game Why the fuss?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6515|so randum

GR34 wrote:

Omg.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard