Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6454|The edge of sanity
We as a country need to pay off all forigen debt, collect our money ( yes countries owe us a bitch load of money), get back at least 85-90% of our stock market, and become an exporting nation instead of the importing nation we are now.
liquix
+51|6451|Peoples Republic of Portland
I agree with liberal slayer. However, Won't happen till we stop the current war...if ever.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6833|Kubra, Damn it!

smtt686 wrote:

Pubic wrote:

What does this mean for people like me who don't actually own any shares?
It means you should be looking for a way in.  Not now, but soon.
You're nuts! Now's the best time to get in, while the market's low. You get a lot more for your money now. Remember "buy low, sell high", even though most people foolishly do the opposite. If you have money in there now, for god's sake leave it in there! You haven't lost anything until you sell.
jonsimon
+224|6493

Pubic wrote:

What does this mean for people like me who don't actually own any shares?
Nothing. It may be an indication that our economy isnt as stable as some would like us to think it is, though, I think the revision in GDP for last quarter of a whole percentage point is enough to see that.
azza2
+0|6266
There not a super power and they will never be one, they are asians, lol.
chittydog
less busy

azza2 wrote:

Welcome to the forums and thanks for showing us you're a racist. Now leave!
IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6740|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann

jonsimon wrote:

IG-Calibre wrote:

So I thought this was going to be a thread about an Asian outbreak of H5N1 bird flu and we were all going to die - ring a ring o' roses a pocket full of posies - Ah-tishoo, Ah-tishoo, all fall down (dead!!)
I think you mean "Ring around the rosey, pocket full of posies, ashes, ashes, we all fall down."
No

http://www.famousquotes.me.uk/nursery_r … rosies.htm
jonsimon
+224|6493

IG-Calibre wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

IG-Calibre wrote:

So I thought this was going to be a thread about an Asian outbreak of H5N1 bird flu and we were all going to die - ring a ring o' roses a pocket full of posies - Ah-tishoo, Ah-tishoo, all fall down (dead!!)
I think you mean "Ring around the rosey, pocket full of posies, ashes, ashes, we all fall down."
No

http://www.famousquotes.me.uk/nursery_r … rosies.htm
Kmarion already has us both beat: http://www.snopes.com/language/literary/rosie.htm
IG-Calibre
comhalta
jonsimon I'm pointing out that I didn't mean "Ring around the Rosey, pocket full of posies, ashes, ashes, we all fall down." - whether it's true or not, I couldn't care less. We were always told as children that the plague was the origin of the Rhyme, that's good enough for me..
azza2
+0|6266

chittydog wrote:

azza2 wrote:

Welcome to the forums and thanks for showing us you're a racist. Now leave!
excuse me, how does that make me racist? right.... ive been on these forums for atleast a year.
chittydog
less busy

No need to flame me for welcoming you:  Registered: 2007-02-28  => looks like you're new to me.

You don't see how saying Asians will never be a superpower is racist?
azza2
+0|6266
So, I say something bad about some people and im a racist?
chittydog
less busy

Yes. Say something bad about people because of their race, and you are a racist.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6403|North Carolina
I'll put it this way...  the influence that China has over our economy and so many others is a good reason to diversify our trade more.  America relies far too much on trade with China -- we should shift more of this trade to places like India and Indonesia.
azza2
+0|6266

chittydog wrote:

Yes. Say something bad about people because of their race, and you are a racist.
Not really, I say stuff bad about lots of racists, that doesnt mean im a racist.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6343|Twyford, UK

jonsimon wrote:

IG-Calibre wrote:

Actually, your correction betrays your ignorance. The quy you quoted has it right. The rhyme is a meme about the Plague in Europe in the 1600s.
But, being American, you wouldn't know this, since it happened before your country was known to exist by anyone except Russian immigrants and Vikings.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6403|North Carolina

Skorpy-chan wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

IG-Calibre wrote:

Actually, your correction betrays your ignorance. The quy you quoted has it right. The rhyme is a meme about the Plague in Europe in the 1600s.
But, being American, you wouldn't know this, since it happened before your country was known to exist by anyone except Russian immigrants and Vikings.
Hey now...  Just because we're a young country, that doesn't automatically make us all ignorant.  In fact, you betrayed your own ignorance by making a blanket statement like the one above.
weamo8
+50|6440|USA
China can not keep up its current growth.  When you export more than you import it is supposed to cause inflation to stabalize you within the world market.  China has been artificially keeping down inflation and in the process they have been screwing their people and hurting the rest of the worlds economy.  They can only keep this up for so long.  IMHO I predict that they will never become a sustained world super-power.  They are using their vast manpower well, but if they dont start allowing natural inflation their people will never have a better standard of living.  In many ways, they are following the pattern of the USSR.
jonsimon
+224|6493

Skorpy-chan wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

IG-Calibre wrote:

Except you're wrong too, and insulting me makes you look stupider. Besides, mine makes more sense as a meme for the plague, though Kmarion has already proved that wrong.
I2elik
+12|6750|Perth, Western Australia
If a particularly large economy takes a hit, rest assured every other one will be affected somewhat. A decrease in investment would result in consumer/producer expectations to lower due to the drop in share prices. This would in turn effect Exports and Imports for example, but not on a large scale that the world economy would go into a recession, it slowly moves back to a theoretical point of Economic Equilibrium, which is impossible to reach in the sense economic activity is never equal to losses and gains in the economy.

You could apply topic title to the US or Japan. As they are also economic superpowers. The smaller countries, like Australia, Singapore etc. are the ones that actually suffer from drops in the world economy.
IG-Calibre
comhalta

jonsimon wrote:

Skorpy-chan wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

Except you're wrong too, and insulting me makes you look stupider. Besides, mine makes more sense as a meme for the plague, though Kmarion has already proved that wrong.
Well actually Kamarion hasn't proved it wrong - where I live we have a park built ontop of an old plague pit about 400 meters from my house, in the centre of it is a raised circle planted with roses, in fokelore here anyways, the rhyme is connected with the plague, as told to me 30 odd years ago by my  Grandmother, as i'm sure is still told to all generations where I live, as far as we're concerned it's a rhyme to remember "the Plague"
CameronPoe
+2,925|6553
Those suckers that went for an equity-based SSIA just had over a grand wiped from their savings as a result of this dip, one month before they finally matured!! LOL.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2007-03-01 02:23:38)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard