Timelord_
+25|6537
I slapped together a mini review with some screenies for those of you still downloading.

Click here to read all about it.
Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6700|MoVal So-Cal
IDK, I have really zero hype for this game. Actually I had no hype for any of the games in the Tiberium series. The only ones that ever got me hyped were Generals and its add-on. Its just me though, I hope its good because it would suck for all of the C&C fans to be disappointed as the rest of us already got supreme commander
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6535|Edmonton Alberta
are those screenies running on high graphics? if so im not gettin this game it looks worse than generals

EDIT: yea it was high graphics but u know the backgrounds looked really good but those infantry units looked like SHIT i dont think im going to get this game... umm supreme commander anyone?

Last edited by straz_mataz (2007-02-26 19:23:46)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

The plot device I don't get is why space aliens with the capacity for interstellar space travel would come to earth just to eat tiberium. Couldn't that level of technology just transmute whatever it wanted? It's the same sort of goofiness as aliens who need to eat people to survive.

That being said, if the game is too easy, raise the difficulty.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-02-26 20:10:49)

{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6760|San Antonio, Texas
I need a new pair of pants...

Megalomatthew
+6|6410

straz_mataz wrote:

are those screenies running on high graphics? if so im not gettin this game it looks worse than generals

EDIT: yea it was high graphics but u know the backgrounds looked really good but those infantry units looked like SHIT i dont think im going to get this game... umm supreme commander anyone?
Um did you change you resolution settings? It makes a HUGE difference...plus make sure your anti aliasing is up.  With maxed graphics this game is gorgeous!
Timelord_
+25|6537
Yeah, the game was running at 1024 x 788 with everthing on high.  NO AA.
Megalomatthew
+6|6410

Timelord_ wrote:

Yeah, the game was running at 1024 x 788 with everthing on high.  NO AA.
If you change it to 1600X1050 (if your monitor can do that) the graphics are very crisp
norge
J-10 and a coke please
+18|6470
I think ill stick with my good old Dune 2000. TYVM
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6445|The Land of Scott Walker
I've enjoyed the demo so far.  I've been running it at 1280 and 4x AA and it looks pretty good.
Timelord_
+25|6537
Well, I was only running it on an AGP x850 so not sure how high I can crank the rez.
Megalomatthew
+6|6410

Timelord_ wrote:

Well, I was only running it on an AGP x850 so not sure how high I can crank the rez.
ahhhh i see.  If you get the chance for some reason check it out...Not sure if you do, but do you remember the resolution boost the original C&C got when they release the "gold" edition for windows 95?  It's kinda like that.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
I'm running it at 1680 X 1050 and everything on high including AA. AND IT LOOKS GREAT!

One think I don't like about the game is the multiple build queues for the same type of unit/structure. I can just see in a multiplayer game that you go into an enemy's base and all of a sudden 5 sonic turrets pop out of nowhere...

Last edited by {M5}Sniper3 (2007-02-27 18:30:05)

PhaxeNor
:D
+119|6416|Norway | Unkown
1600x1200.......................................

Full Graphic................................

Computer Crashed ^^

(Had to go back to the old computer But a new card is coming this week I hope )

Realy liked the demo, but it sucks that we aren't able to play as NOD or Scrin too
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.

PhaxeNor wrote:

Computer Crashed ^^

Realy liked the demo, but it sucks that we aren't able to play as NOD or Scrin too
I was able to play as NOD... <.<  >.>

At least I could build most of NOD's units/stuctures...
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

PhaxeNor wrote:

Computer Crashed ^^

Engineers FTW
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6665|NT, like Mick Dundee

Spark wrote:

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

PhaxeNor wrote:

Computer Crashed ^^

Engineers FTW
Yeah. I think it sucks that they didn't put all three teams in the demo. Bastards.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6557|Brisbane, Aus

i've downloaded the demo twice and i can't get it to install, just gives me a message when i double click

https://img337.imageshack.us/img337/9677/cc3demoerrorjl9.jpg
wedge3382
UD-6 Talon Whore
+14|6557|Ellisville, MS
I have played and owned every C&C game since it came out(yes even the orignal DOS version which I still own).  I love the demo, so might as well get this one two.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Fenix14 wrote:

i've downloaded the demo twice and i can't get it to install, just gives me a message when i double click

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/9677 … rorjl9.jpg
Scan the file for viruses. If there are none, try downloading from another server.
dubbs
+105|6632|Lexington, KY
What sites, other then FilePlanet, can you get the demo at?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

dubbs wrote:

Are you using Windows XP 64? I get that error message every now and then when I boot into that.
dubbs
+105|6632|Lexington, KY

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

dubbs wrote:

Are you using Windows XP 64? I get that error message every now and then when I boot into that.
Nope, just wanting to download it, and I do not have a FilePlanet account.  I saw it on EA Links.  I do not want to install Links to get it, but guess I have to.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

dubbs wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

dubbs wrote:

Nope, just wanting to download it, and I do not have a FilePlanet account.  I saw it on EA Links.  I do not want to install Links to get it, but guess I have to.
Try gamershell.
dubbs
+105|6632|Lexington, KY

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

dubbs wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Try gamershell.
Thank you.  I do not mind the 2 hour wait since I am at work, and it will be ready when I get home.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard