BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6768
President Bush has increased terrorism

A study on global terrorism has shown a sevenfold increase since President Bush attacked Iraq.

by Editor-in-Chief on 2007-02-21

"The Iraq Effect" By Peter Bergen and Paul Cruickshank Research fellows at the Center on Law and Security at the NYU School of Law, is a study  using information from the world’s premier database on global terrorism. The results are being published for the first time by Mother Jones, the news and investigative magazine, as part of a broader "Iraq 101" package in the magazine’s March/April 2007 issue.

"If we were not fighting and destroying this enemy in Iraq, they would not be idle. They would be plotting and killing Americans across the world and within our own borders. By fighting these terrorists in Iraq, Americans in uniform are defeating a direct threat to the American people." So said President Bush on November 30, 2005, refining his earlier call to "bring them on." Jihadist terrorists, the administration’s argument went, would be drawn to Iraq like moths to a flame, and would perish there rather than wreak havoc elsewhere in the world.

The study shows that the Iraq War has generated a stunning sevenfold increase in the yearly rate of fatal jihadist attacks, amounting to literally hundreds of additional terrorist attacks and thousands of civilian lives lost; even when terrorism in Iraq and Afghanistan is excluded, fatal attacks in the rest of the world have increased by more than one-third.

They are not making the argument that without the Iraq War, jihadist terrorism would not exist, but the study shows that the Iraq conflict has greatly increased the spread of the Al Qaeda ideological virus, as shown by a rising number of terrorist attacks in the past three years from London to Kabul, and from Madrid to the Red Sea.

Also undermining the argument that Al Qaeda and like-minded groups are being distracted from plotting against Western targets are the dangerous, anti-American plots that have arisen since the start of the Iraq War. Jihadist terrorists have attacked key American allies since the Iraq conflict began, mounting multiple bombings in London that killed 52 in July 2005, and attacks in Madrid in 2004 that killed 191. Shehzad Tanweer, one of the London bombers, stated in his videotaped suicide "will," "What have you witnessed now is only the beginning of a string of attacks that will continue and become stronger until you pull your forces out of Afghanistan and Iraq." There have been six jihadist attacks on the home soil of the United States’ NATO allies (including Turkey) in the period after the invasion of Iraq, whereas there were none in the 18 months following 9/11; and, of course, the plan uncovered in London in August 2006 to smuggle liquid explosives onto U.S. airliners, had it succeeded, would have killed thousands.

Al Qaeda has not let the Iraq War distract it from targeting the United States and her allies. In a January 19, 2006 audiotape, Osama bin Laden himself refuted President Bush’s argument that Iraq had distracted and diverted Al Qaeda: "The reality shows that that the war against America and its allies has not remained limited to Iraq, as he claims, but rather, that Iraq has become a source and attraction and recruitment of qualified people.... As for the delay in similar [terrorist] operations in America, [the] operations are being prepared, and you will witness them, in your own land, as soon as preparations are complete."
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6663|USA
It falls on deaf ears.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6672|UK
Url?

Last edited by m3thod (2007-02-22 13:42:23)

Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6518|USA
no...this stateless enemy we face today has gained popular support among their own communities.  Bush is doing his best to limit the actions and spread of terrorism. 

terrorism and unconventional warfare are the tactics of the future.  i contend that conventional conflict has declined while such terrorism increases.  the opposition to America and its allies is fighting the best way it can, and since they cannot match our conventional forces, they have adopted new tactics.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6394|The Gem Saloon
asymetrical warfare. plain and simple.....im sure the terrorists are just filled with joy that this country is so divided on the issue of our safety.
so let me ask everyone a question. what would you have the united states do to make peace with these fucking animals, but still protect ourselves?
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6768

m3thod wrote:

Url?
http://www.generationq.net/articles/Pre … 00001.html

Does anyone know of this report mentioned?
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6829|Grapevine, TX

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

no...this stateless enemy we face today has gained popular support among their own communities.  Bush is doing his best to limit the actions and spread of terrorism. 

terrorism and unconventional warfare are the tactics of the future.  i contend that conventional conflict has declined while such terrorism increases.  the opposition to America and its allies is fighting the best way it can, and since they cannot match our conventional forces, they have adopted new tactics.
Quote for Fucking Emphesis!  +1 when i have more karma.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

Unsuccessful attacks as well as the disrupted financial networks that fund these terrorist organizations are not as easily definable as the bloodshed. It also does not make good news compared to the morbid fascination we have with death. Terrorism (The act of targeting civilians to cause fear to instill political action) has been happening for a very long time, it's just now the cameras are rolling and the world has been awakened to it.

I also would be careful in saying that terrorist attacks are more frequent since it goes against the ideology that some maintain that the war on terror is a farce. You can't stand by and say there is no threat and in the very next thread say terrorism has increased.

BN wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Url?
http://www.generationq.net/articles/Pre … 00001.html

Does anyone know of this report mentioned?
This is your source?
https://i19.tinypic.com/2ecoegx.jpg

Last edited by Kmarion (2007-02-22 14:13:13)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6768

Parker wrote:

so let me ask everyone a question. what would you have the united states do to make peace with these fucking animals, but still protect ourselves?
1. Find out what they want, why they are doing this.
2. Stop doing whatever it is that is pissing them off.

We have stirred up the hornets nest and now we are getting stung.

Divide Iraq into 5 regions. Shi'a, Sunni, Kurdish, Arab & anyone else who has a beef. Put them in their respective corners and anyone who crosses the lines gets a spanked bottom
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6768

Kmarion wrote:

This is your source?
http://i19.tinypic.com/2ecoegx.jpg
No it's not my source. I just found the article and posted it for discussion. Thats why i am asking if anyone knows the report mentioned!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

BN wrote:

Parker wrote:

Divide Iraq into 5 regions. Shi'a, Sunni, Kurdish, Arab & anyone else who has a beef. Put them in their respective corners and anyone who crosses the lines gets a spanked bottom
Who wants to be responsible for the failed borders and the mess they create. I think the Brit's have demonstrated what a horrible idea it is for an outside entity to draw the lines in that region. I'd assume we just get out before we go trying to impose crappy nation borders.

Last edited by Kmarion (2007-02-22 14:23:46)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6646

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

At this point it really doesn't matter what we do. Whether or not we quell the insurgency, Iraq will become the same radical Middle Eastern shithole it has always been. We are doing too much for a country that will inevitably regress back to what it once was. This is the Middle East we're talking about here. They don't want peace, and they don't deserve it. If they want to live in the year 1000 for another 1000 years, let them. What we should do is quarantine the region--create a "zoo", so to speak. They can stay in their designated area and kill each other all they want, but they won't affect the outside world. As history has shown us, they have a tendency to bring their shenanigans all around the globe.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

BN wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

This is your source?
No it's not my source. I just found the article and posted it for discussion. Thats why i am asking if anyone knows the report mentioned!
I have found this http://www.newamerica.net/events/2007/the_iraq_effect . It has a video that might help you illustrate your point. Although it seems there is nothing concrete in the evidence as I see it.

Last edited by Kmarion (2007-02-22 14:23:22)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6768

Kmarion wrote:

BN wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

This is your source?
I have found this http://www.newamerica.net/events/2007/the_iraq_effect . It has a video that might help you illustrate your point. Although it seems there is nothing concrete in the evidence as I see it.
I am not making a point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BN wrote:

I just found the article and posted it for discussion.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6394|The Gem Saloon

BN wrote:

Parker wrote:

wonderful ideas, but wahabists are still pissed about the holy wars and shit. they arent going to stop being angry anytime soon.
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6768

Parker wrote:

wonderful ideas, but wahabists are still pissed about the holy wars and shit. they arent going to stop being angry anytime soon.
They just have to concede the high ground and start to move on. We cant force them to do it, they have to want to do it on their own.

Getting in the middle is just costing more lives
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

BN wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

BN wrote:

I am not making a point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BN wrote:

I just found the article and posted it for discussion.
It's called propaganda. Making a post with inflammatory information without citing any sources only to completely wipe your hands of it 9 post after is no different.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6768

Kmarion wrote:

It's called propaganda. Making a post with inflammatory information without citing any sources only to completely wipe your hands of it 9 post after is no different.
eat shit buddy, dont tell me what I am and am not doing.

make a contribution or fuck off.

your wasting cyberspace being here.
Sidious1969
+1|6315
We are all talking about "religious" men who cut off peoples heads, blow themselves up (and anyone else unlucky to go to the market that day) who call for the destruction of America, England, Spain, France, who wont be happy until the whole world is muslim and you want to sit down and ask them why they are doing it?????? Are you serious? They will grab you, beat the shit outta you, make a video to send to your parents and then behead you......all in the name of allah. If anything america and its allies need to adopt new tactics, they are acting like a police force and not an army. Blow shit up, fry the terrorists any way thats possible. Dont say "stop....or i'll say stop again!" kinda shit.

When America is forced to send its troops home and Iran moves in.......what will you say then?

When the countless and unlimited killings occur on a scale that will far ecxeed the killings now, what will you ask them?

I am waiting on a reasonable strategy to be unvield from the Neo-libs.

Sidious
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

BN wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

eat shit buddy, dont tell me what I am and am not doing.

make a contribution or fuck off.

your wasting cyberspace being here.
Ty.. the truth is transparent, just like your agenda. You would be wise not to question my contribution to this forum.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Sidious1969
+1|6315

BN wrote:

Parker wrote:

They just have to concede the high ground and start to move on. We cant force them to do it, they have to want to do it on their own.

They have been doing this for over a millennia........dont think its going to start now. They only respond to force, its a darn shame the US forces have their hands tied or this war may be totally different.

Getting out is going to cost far more.

Last edited by Sidious1969 (2007-02-22 14:56:02)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

Sidious1969 wrote:

BN wrote:

Parker wrote:

They have been doing this for over a millennia........dont think its going to start now. They only respond to force, its a darn shame the US forces have their hands tied or this war may be totally different.

Getting out is going to cost far more.
Sid you see there is no way of forcing Iraqi's to be successful though. It is only something they can accept.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6405|North Carolina
The more we intervene, the more enemies we create.

Unless we have the Islamic World's support in fighting this terror in the Middle East, all of our actions are futile here.

Since the last few years have made it pretty obvious that we're not going to get the Islamic World's support (or even just the majority of these countries), we should leave.

That is...  unless you enjoy pissing more people off and spreading more terror.

I'm sure the military industrial complex loves this, since it gives them an excuse to keep the money towards arms flowing.
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6768

Kmarion wrote:

Ty.. the truth is transparent, just like your agenda. You would be wise not to question my contribution to this forum.
u know nothing of my agenda.

If you want to go into crap like this take it offline and use PM. You are wasting 1's and 0's.

I am questioning your contributing to this forum! You have contributed zero to this thread.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6405|North Carolina
BN, we normally agree on things, but I don't understand why you're getting personal with Kmarion.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard