Shadow893
lel
+75|6704|England

EvilMonkeySlayer wrote:

PMcS wrote:

Go with whatever you are used to, if you are used to Mac OS stick with it, if you are used to Windows stick with that.  It will save you time and frustration learning the nuances of a new OS, especially if all you are really after is word processing etc.  But.... if you are rich, and crave style above all else, get a Mac.

That video is class, of all the mac piss taking videos it's the only truly good one.
LOL so true - but is it really the case? but then again pc's screw upas well, so pick your choice i suppose
travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6711|U.S
Here is something interesting I found on the windows site which to me means that PC is way better than MAC if they have to make microsoft versions of things for mac http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/Brow … tegoryid=5
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6778|Cambridge (UK)
commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6425|Michigan, USA

Talk about a revive
jsnipy
+3,276|6534|...

commandochristian wrote:

Talk about a revive
Now if we can find a way to kill it again
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6778|Cambridge (UK)

jsnipy wrote:

commandochristian wrote:

Talk about a revive
Now if we can find a way to kill it again

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6583|USA
the reason you should stay away from a mac:

apple.com wrote:

A Serial ATA hard drive gives you more space for data and applications.
either they're stupid, and you wouldn't take quantum physics from a street bum, would you?

or they lie their asses off.

neither one shows a very good image to their potential customers.
JaMrulezass
+47|6477|Hong Kong

Ender2309 wrote:

the reason you should stay away from a mac:

apple.com wrote:

A Serial ATA hard drive gives you more space for data and applications.
either they're stupid, and you wouldn't take quantum physics from a street bum, would you?

or they lie their asses off.

neither one shows a very good image to their potential customers.
HHAHA I'm guessing IDE gives you less
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6579|NYC / Hamburg

epic revive
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6744|St. Andrews / Oslo

oh...

my...

fucking....

god....
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
pndragon26
+23|6698
Use a mac, be happy:

http://www.computerworld.com/action/art … amp;nlid=1

or be like these guys:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/technology/m … 75087.html

Last edited by pndragon26 (2008-03-27 11:18:34)

02fxnmaurer
+75|6494|Birmingham UK
mac for a work laptop....the macbook are amazin tbh ...as a pc user myself.....i wish i had one for work ...
JaMrulezass
+47|6477|Hong Kong
YOU Can ALL THANK ME
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6420|Somersetshire

commandochristian wrote:

Talk about a revive
QFT lol

11 months, 3 weeks ago
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6209|Winland

Inb4close.

I prefer my nx7010 design over any MacBook design. I completely hate the shiny white crap. Can you even dare touching one of those? They look so... Plastic, I'd be ashamed if I had something like that. <3 my lappy's metal top
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6505|N. Ireland

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Inb4close.

I prefer my nx7010 design over any MacBook design. I completely hate the shiny white crap. Can you even dare touching one of those? They look so... Plastic, I'd be ashamed if I had something like that. <3 my lappy's metal top
Having used for more than 20 minutes in a store the Macbook Air, Pro and normal Macbook I can tell you that the feel is extremely comfortable on absolutely every one of them. That laptop you listed looks disgusting.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6644

What the fuck, why did you revive this for.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6748|Salt Lake City

I wouldn't get a Mac because there is less software, and compatibility is nearly non-existent.  Right now I'm sitting on four copies of the new Adobe PS that we can't use.  Why?  Because it's only compatible with OSX 10.4 or later.  All our art dept. people but one are on 10.3.  The number of problems we have had with Quark are enough to make me stark raving mad; I'm surprised I still have hair.  The inevitable driver problems we have every time the Mac OS is upgraded is infuriating, and don't even get me started on getting these Macs to work in an AD domain without using third party utilities, or trying to find VPN clients that work with our Watchguard firewall.

Do yourself a favor and stay the fuck away from the Mac.

P.S.  Security through obscurity really isn't true security.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6209|Winland

kylef wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Inb4close.

Having used for more than 20 minutes in a store the Macbook Air, Pro and normal Macbook I can tell you that the feel is extremely comfortable on absolutely every one of them. That laptop you listed looks disgusting.
It's all a matter of taste. I love the design of my laptop. Looks beefy and nice with the speakers on the sides of the keyboard. It's fairly, light but sturdy, unlike a certain Apple computer...

*Note that I've got an aftermarket Li-Ion battery. A_LOT lighter than the stock one.

Last edited by Freezer7Pro (2008-03-27 12:22:05)

The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6697|Espoo, Finland
"The mother believes the thread could still be resurrected, the police chief said."
pndragon26
+23|6698

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

I wouldn't get a Mac because there is less software, and compatibility is nearly non-existent.  Right now I'm sitting on four copies of the new Adobe PS that we can't use.  Why?  Because it's only compatible with OSX 10.4 or later.  All our art dept. people but one are on 10.3.  The number of problems we have had with Quark are enough to make me stark raving mad; I'm surprised I still have hair.  The inevitable driver problems we have every time the Mac OS is upgraded is infuriating, and don't even get me started on getting these Macs to work in an AD domain without using third party utilities, or trying to find VPN clients that work with our Watchguard firewall.

Sounds like someones art director is a moron, why buy software for the wrong computer/OS? We make games here, PCs are always being tweaked and worked on... but us on macs - 8 year old machines - keep working and I have Creative Suite 3 and am fine on 10.4.11.... so you bought the wrong version! What non "non-existent software? Like what other than games or 3D max?? Quark? No one uses Quark anymore mac or PC there are major issues with Quack. Get Indesign and keep your hair!

Last edited by pndragon26 (2008-03-27 12:40:37)

konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6562|CH/BR - in UK

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Windows.

-Macs only make up 5% of the market, and most of that is in development.
-Macs only have a fraction of the software that Windows has.
-Macs do not support DirectX, meaning there's literally only 3 or 4 games you can play.
-Macs are more expensive.
-Macs cannot be upgraded.
Macs actually now have 14% of the market, at least in the USA. He said he only wants it for work, thus your 2 arguments that follow are beside the point. In this case the macs are not more expensive, and I don't know many people who upgrade laptops nowadays - just buy a new one after 2/3 years.

I prefer Windows, but I'm now also considering going for a boot camp once I graduate from the IB. More options...

-konfusion

PS: Linux is not as good as it is hyped to be - at least not if you want to do work.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6748|Salt Lake City

pndragon26 wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

Sounds like someones art director is a moron, why buy software for the wrong computer/OS? We make games here, PCs are always being tweaked and worked on... but us on macs - 8 year old machines - keep working and I have Creative Suite 3 and am fine on 10.3.... so you bought the wrong version! What non "non-existent software? Like what other than games or 3D max?? Quark? No one uses Quark anymore mac or PC there are major issues with Quack. Get Indesign and keep your hair!
They had to have the latest version because files they are getting from clients are in the newer format and can't be opened with the version they have now.

As for tweaking, I'm not sure what you mean.  I'm a Sys Admin and other than the art department, all our systems are PCs.  I've not had any real issues with the OS that weren't user caused or actual hardware failures.  I also support a staff of 25 web/software developers, and haven't had any issues that always have me tweaking their system.  The only time I've opened my box was to install a different video; something that would run some basic games that we sometimes play after hours.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6475|cuntshitlake

konfusion wrote:

Linux is not as good as it is hyped to be - at least not if you want to do work.
Take that back. You just have to find the right distro. Then Linux > all. For everything but gaming.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
pndragon26
+23|6698
tweaking= IT working on them: server problems, graphic card problems, start up problems, viruses, always some kind of hardware/software problem... I don't know what they are because I don't have the problems and am not in IT. Bottom line any computer mac or PC has to be kept up to date, to give advice not to use apple because your company can not buy the right software or update your software/OS correctly is pretty silly. Its like saying windows sucks because version 3.1 will not will not run CS3!

Caveat- web designers! Oh, yeah I could see why they prefer PCs, on occasion I do too, when doing some web work (especially flash). But I still do my files and drafts on my mac, for speed. I work mostly in print, CMYK, big files lot of conversions. Say what you want, all the PCs bought this year (4 of them) do not open any .psd files faster than the 8 year old macs. Strange but true. Font problems, color related problems never hear of them on the macs, but are pretty nasty on the PCs. Luckily most of the PCers are 3D designers, we take their renders and then create the marketing work on the macs. It really comes down to preference now adays, no one makes "bad" computers. Its software , Apple makes the computer AND the software, Dell makes the computer and you have to HOPE it works with Microsofts software. I just prefer the macs. Problems on both platforms occur, but most of the mac problems come down to suitcase or groupwise (our font and mail system) issues. But seriously, mac /PC who cares- get them to use Indesign! Your issues will work out better, both mac and PC, Quark is dead, has been for the last 3 years. I've been doing this for 15 years (digital artwork/game design) and if I have learned anything its Quark sucks! Indesign is a joy.

Last edited by pndragon26 (2008-03-27 13:10:59)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard