kylef
Gone
+1,352|6486|N. Ireland
Why does no one ever use them anymore? I never see them and they are all the rage in CS Source still. They provide fantastic cover and on a Titan assault is indeed DEADLY.

Why does no one use them?

Smoke Grenade + Rockets ftw.
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6703|Sweden
I think deep down you know the answer, Defib and rockets are far more useful in most situations and as you mentioned ,titans are on of few i can think of where they are good. The smoke should be thicker as well can see through it to easily.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6700|67.222.138.85
BF smoke sucks, CSS smoke doesn't.
Sambuccashake
+126|6603|Sweden
Grenades and sentry guns don't care if there's smoke in the titan hallways or not.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6493|so randum
Smokes shite in this game. Needs to be made how it is in the COD series
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
jord
+2,382|6671|The North, beyond the wall.
Exactly,What everyone uses to defend their Titan(APM's,Sentry,Grenade spam,RDX,etc) aren't affected by smoke.

Better to have Rockets and defib.
Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6320|105 RVK
lol i can easily kill the nub that smokes the way to the console cause my Sentry gun is aiming at him the whole way.

Smoke nades suck imo

Last edited by Missionless (2007-02-16 06:28:07)

{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6752|San Antonio, Texas
BF2 / BF2142 smoke 'nades need to be like PRMM / COD's smoke 'nades. Then I might use them.

Last edited by {M5}Sniper3 (2007-02-16 06:31:05)

Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6688|UK
because if you use smoke grenades the enemy will know you are there and frag the shit out of you. also smoke will not protect you from the 50 apms or turrents on the titan and you cant fucking see yourself.

who ever invented smoke grenades was a daft twat.

Last edited by Samtheman53 (2007-02-16 06:36:09)

Use0fWeapons
Get repairs here
+60|6526|Doncaster - UK
so in the 'fluff' they should include the carbon and metal particals that disrupt radar/sensors.  Stopping drones apm's working.  Then you would see more use.

It is the future, and we have this now.

edit - correction, i have watched documentries about them trying this stuff out.  dont know how/if its used now.

edit edit - in responce to next post

yes, but this was tank based, creating a smoke screen.  And was sone kind of carbon disk??
Is that what they use in aircraft chaff?  Realy hasy about it. 
There was something about the stuff they use in the chaff being not all to healthy to breath in i think

Last edited by Use0fWeapons (2007-02-16 08:06:16)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6493|so randum
you mean like chaff. yeh its in use, by most airforces on their jets
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|6537|Sverige (SWE)
Somoke Grenades are just no good.....
BabySpinach
Phone Spammer
+207|6584|Charlottesville, Virginia, USA

leetkyle wrote:

Smoke Grenade + Rockets ftw.
Defibs + Rockets ftw.
Volatile
+252|6697|Sextupling in Empire

I would use them if I also got thermal goggles, like in R6 Vegas.

Now that would own.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6461
They need to last longer. The smoke is thick enough but it goes away to fast. And plus why would I want smoke grenades if I can use the slot for a defibrilater or Rockets.
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6611|InGerLand
smoke grenades are good for one thing
they allow other players a better chance to chuck nades down the corridor at the defenders and therefore remove them (unless the defenders are being clever/annoying and are nade spamming or rocket spamming themselves of course)
CrimsonFury
+1|6772
In 2142 if you have your effects setting on low you can see straight through the smoke grenade clouds. If EA fixed that in a patch they might be worth using sometimes
-MP-Nuke1266
+20|6708
Well, I remember reading somewhere that senrty guns weren't supposed to see through smoke. Honestly, whether that was ever true or not, I think it should be like that. Say that the nade throws up chaff or something.. some reason to distract the sentries.
psH
Banned
+217|6376|Sydney

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

BF smoke sucks, CSS smoke doesn't.
There is almost NO smoke. SO crap.....
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6762|Human Meat Shield
There's Smokes Grenades in 2142??
psH
Banned
+217|6376|Sydney

imdead wrote:

Hi!
Jo Barf Creepy
+27|6552
Personally if someone chucks a smoke grenade I usually fill the void with a clip. They either end up dead or severely injured
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6708|Germany

Sambuccashake wrote:

Grenades and sentry guns don't care if there's smoke in the titan hallways or not.

-MP-Nuke1266 wrote:

Well, I remember reading somewhere that senrty guns weren't supposed to see through smoke. Honestly, whether that was ever true or not, I think it should be like that. Say that the nade throws up chaff or something.. some reason to distract the sentries.
Yeah, and the fucki'n sentrys shouldn't be able to see through walls... but they do .

Last edited by danCer (2007-02-17 06:14:01)

imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6762|Human Meat Shield

Doms wrote:

imdead wrote:

Hi!
Pfft... read between lines....I made a funny and you made it not funny.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6542|UK

Cause everyone takes the defib and rockets.

Martyn

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard