Commie Killer
+192|6406

Parker wrote:

i dont trust any politician farther than i can fuckin throw them......especially putin.
second chief directorate anyone??

i have a theory that russia and china are going to wind up going at it.....if anyone is interested ill explain, but its too long to type for no one to read lol
Dude I have the same feeling, in the next few years its gonna be the build up to a major world war, its either gonna be Russia or China vs the US or China attacking Siberia going for the oil and other natural resources up there. Either way its not gonna be good, Im guessing thats what you were thinking in a nutshell.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6620|132 and Bush

lamming wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

lamming wrote:

You think Putin decided to do that? lol
I said coming from a country. The one he represents. You think one man makes up the US presidency?
You better consult how much momey US spent to force collaps of SU.
US world politics is unacceptable. Where is US and where are Iraq, Vietnam, etc. You really think US has right to send their forces to any country for some stupid reason? Kill people there, and then say "Oops, sorry, our intelligence service sucked, no WoMD there." US even can't carry out those operations well enough. They encounter problems everywhere they intrude.
Putin's statemnet is obvios, just there are countries wich are afraid to say this, and there are ones wich are not.
PS Sorry my english ^)
Putin has the luxury of being able to say such things since he is no longer a Superpower. By nature when your economy is as large as the United States you do in fact have your interest spread through out the entire globe. You think this is something new to the world?

Your argument has deteriorated to putting words into my mouth.
Did I say "The US has right to send their forces to any country for some stupid reason?"
Nope you added this to make it appear as if you had a point.

Europe has been in the midst of an identity crisis for some time now. Some feel the need to make comments like this to downplay the upstart success of the United States. It's not easy being replaced on the world stage by the rookie.

Last edited by Kmarion (2007-02-10 17:22:45)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Commie Killer
+192|6406

rdx-fx wrote:

Let's see..

Late 1970's, America condems the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan.  Soviets claim they are there to stop the spread of Islamic Radicalism.  Americans funnel Stinger anti-aircraft missiles through Pakistan to the rebels fighting the Soviets (including Osama Bin Laden's muja hadiin group). 
Arabs and Muslims hate Israel, want to wipe Israel off the map.  Various rival muslim groups continue to play the ancient game of "I declare Jihad on you".  Palestinians want a home.

Present day, Russia  condems the American invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq.  Americans claim they are there to stop the spread of Islamic Radicalism.  Russians sell Anti-aircraft missiles to Iran, and other technology (presumably to use against American forces). 
Arabs and Muslims hate Israel, want to wipe Israel off the map.  Various rival muslim groups continue to play the ancient game of "I declare Jihad on you".  Palestinians want a home.

I'd laugh at the symmetry.
My guess on Putin's logic, "Hmm.. America put us into bankruptcy and crashed our economy partly with their meddling in our Afghanistan war.  Let's see if we can do the same to them!"

My opinion;  America was on the wrong side of the Soviet/Afghan war.  The Soviets were (partly) trying to stop the spread of Islamic extremism.  USSR, in an unusual bout of prescience, saw what was coming and tried to stop it.  Unfortunately, it was the only proxy war going on at the time - and hence, the USA needed to take down the USSR more than it needed to stop a bunch of Jihadis..
You cant really say that, the Soviets, while there, ruled with terror, they would kill of entire villages, it was just a way for them to annex more territory into their "sphere of influence".
golgoj4
+51|6794|North Hollywood

Parker wrote:

i dont trust any politician farther than i can fuckin throw them......especially putin.

i have a theory that russia and china are going to wind up going at it.....if anyone is interested ill explain, but its too long to type for no one to read lol
good luck throwing him...isnt he a blackbelt too?
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6666

Kmarion wrote:

Your argument has deteriorated to putting words into my mouth.
Did I say "The US has right to send their forces to any country for some stupid reason?"
Nope you added this to make it appear as if you had a point.
And that is D&ST in a nutshell.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6669|Washington DC

I'm tired of deleting posts in this thread.  If I see another off-topic or inappropriate post in this thread ... I'll personally show you the door.

Read this for more information:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=57688

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6549|Global Command

rdx-fx wrote:

Let's see..

Late 1970's, America condems the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan.  Soviets claim they are there to stop the spread of Islamic Radicalism.  Americans funnel Stinger anti-aircraft missiles through Pakistan to the rebels fighting the Soviets (including Osama Bin Laden's muja hadiin group). 

Present day, Russia  condems the American invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq.  Americans claim they are there to stop the spread of Islamic Radicalism.  Russians sell Anti-aircraft missiles to Iran, and other technology (presumably to use against American forces). 

I'd laugh at the symmetry.
My guess on Putin's logic, "Hmm.. America put us into bankruptcy and crashed our economy partly with their meddling in our Afghanistan war.  Let's see if we can do the same to them!"

My opinion;  America was on the wrong side of the Soviet/Afghan war.  The Soviets were (partly) trying to stop the spread of Islamic extremism.  USSR, in an unusual bout of prescience, saw what was coming and tried to stop it.  Unfortunately, it was the only proxy war going on at the time - and hence, the USA needed to take down the USSR more than it needed to stop a bunch of Jihadis..
Pretty much right on.

Hey Putin, how's things going in Checnya?
Tompie913
I like Chinese
+12|6403|Pittsburgh, PA

Kmarion wrote:

Do we have troops in NK that I don't know about?
Not really in NK but in the DMZ
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6581

Parker wrote:

Oh, really?  You think?  What was your first tip?  Was it the buddying up?

OR WAS IT THE BLATANTLY OBVIOUS JOINT MILITARY EXERCISES?

I've got a theory that US troops might get into a firefight in Iraq soon.  Wanna hear about it?

Tompie913 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Really?  Just out of curiosity, what is "DMZ", exactly?

Last edited by Bubbalo (2007-02-10 20:12:09)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6549|Global Command

Bubbalo wrote:

Wanna hear about it?
Go ahead...
( cracks beer )
Commie Killer
+192|6406

Bubbalo wrote:

Demilitarized Zone.

Tompie913 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Noone is in the DMZ, we are south of it......its a DMZ.....in other words....no military.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6671|USA

Commie Killer wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

Demilitarized Zone.

Tompie913 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Noone is in the DMZ, we are south of it......its a DMZ.....in other words....no military.
Awwwwwwwwww, I think ya just stole bubbalo's thunder.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6581

ATG wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

Wanna hear about it?
Go ahead...
( cracks beer )
Well, y'see, there's this war on, and in war people shoot at each other, and this war involves US soldiers, and it involves other soldiers.  So my theory is that there's a possibility that US soldiers might get into a firefight.

Maybe.
Robbie77
hammer time!
+26|6350|Toronto Canada
well when you think about it the u.s. did go to Iraq against united nations recommendations
Commie Killer
+192|6406

lowing wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

Demilitarized Zone.

Tompie913 wrote:

Yeah now that I look at that.....I feel like a idiot for not noticing the sarcasm.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6671|USA

Commie Killer wrote:

lowing wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

Demilitarized Zone.

Yeah now that I look at that.....I feel like a idiot for not noticing the sarcasm.
Too bad, bubbalo was a coiled spring ready to let go all over that one. lol
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6620|132 and Bush

Many of the tactics you listed with regards to the Russians are nothing we haven't seen in recent years. We see the Israeli's doing nearly the same thing today (Leveling villages, intimidating into submission). We know the results of that conflict and we also realize that if you don't provide hope, the enemy will never submit to change.

I'll post where I think the US went wrong again.

"They needed more troops at the very beginning. Presence matters. You must begin occupations with crushing numbers. The defeated population must see their occupiers on every corner. You may be able to loosen restrictions quickly if the situation allows it but it is impossible to tighten up after you have permitted social chaos. We wage war to be politically correct. We use advanced technology and smart bombs to avoid "collateral" damage. This will not just be an American problem, this is the precedent for all wars to come. War's were never meant to be civilized. They must be ugly. The enemy's will must be completely broken. The Human race is evolving and what was acceptable in the past is no longer. Throw in Embedded journalist and 24/7 cable news and the job of the military has severely been impaired."

Last edited by Kmarion (2007-02-10 23:36:34)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
JahManRed
wank
+646|6647|IRELAND

Fen321 wrote:

"Russian President Vladimir Putin has criticised the United States for what he said was its "almost uncontained" use of force around the world." - Article

Talking points:

Why would Russia come out and admit this now?..
Because we got shit load of nukes, oil and by 2025 we will be supplying 95% of Europeans with their gas which we can switch off when we feel like it.

Fen321 wrote:

"How does this fit in to the overall international scene at present?..
We love China, they love us. We will have some babies, maybe Venezuela?

Fen321 wrote:

"
*_*
Personally, this comes as a bit of surprise, but i can somewhat see how Russia would have a sort of polar opposite effect due to not so long distant memories of Cold-War politics. Although, this may be the easiest conclusion to come to, but one must forget whom this turn of events has been leading in aggressive behavior.

Whom is being contained now?

Fixed link..
Putin has recently had a house cleaning, which stretched the whole way to London and beyond. No opposition, Nukes, natural resources a plenty. A suppressed lower class cheap work force in the waiting. Putin is moving the Russian federations rook on the global chess board, and who could blame them with their competitor the US throwing their weight about the middle east and its oil.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6620|132 and Bush

Right, cleaning house via polonium-210.
http://kavkazcenter.com/eng/content/200 … 7280.shtml
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6425|North Carolina
The American government pisses me off, but Putin makes Bush look like Gandhi.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard