blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6681

some_random_panda wrote:

They should start anew.

Please, no more stuffed-up, hitbox lacking, buggy games.

EDIT:  But Physics and Ragdolls would be nice...
agree kind of like Crysis game
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6536|so randum

GR34 wrote:

I can sum up what the next battlefield should be in one word: Korea (never has a game taken place in the Korean war)
I wonder why? Ah yes, thats why. A war based on Korea, wouldnt sell. At all

Last edited by fatherted13 (2007-02-10 10:14:12)

Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6322|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

GR34 wrote:

I can sum up what the next battlefield should be in one word: Korea (never has a game taken place in the Korean war)
*ahem*

one word: Crysis

And btw i think we need something totally new,, not a mix of all BF's
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6689
A high learning curve.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
GR34
+215|6581|ALBERTA> CANADA

fatherted13 wrote:

GR34 wrote:

I wonder why? Ah yes, thats why. A war based on Korea, wouldn't sell. At all
why wouldn't it sell! it would have the weapons from WW2 but choppers and stuff that be so cool i know 100 people who would buy that game
imortal
+240|6701|Austin, TX

ShawN_ wrote:

And btw i think we need something totally new,, not a mix of all BF's
Well, the modern and future aspects could and should be reworked.  It is not really a mix, but a combat system that would support all three genres.  After all, 2142 is built on most of the same things as BF2, and it would not be difficult at all to build WW2 items in instead.  Use of a single combat model to provide combat in three different genres.  Each genre to have its own form and style of fighting, changing as the situations and available technologies change.

I like the genre cross-over just to have some fun with the idea, and to give a greater number of maps to choose from.

Can't do too many changes to the WW2 aspect, of course.  But you could move 'modern' (BF2) to VERY modern/ near future.  New weapons, etc.  And the future, ala BF2142... that is where you could really play and let go.

Plus,  it would pull back in the people who stuck with BF 1942, not to mention BF2 and 2142.  More people means more interesting fights, more servers with unique options, more play variety to keep things fresh.

But, of course, they absolutely MUST have a new graphics engine and some better bells and whistles.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6536|so randum

GR34 wrote:

fatherted13 wrote:

GR34 wrote:

I wonder why? Ah yes, thats why. A war based on Korea, wouldn't sell. At all
why wouldn't it sell! it would have the weapons from WW2 but choppers and stuff that be so cool i know 100 people who would buy that game
Ah i understand now, it's the weekend. And it's nice to know you've got mates. Im happy for ya, honest
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6481|The Land of Scott Walker

blademaster wrote:

some_random_panda wrote:

They should start anew.

Please, no more stuffed-up, hitbox lacking, buggy games.

EDIT:  But Physics and Ragdolls would be nice...
agree kind of like Crysis game
Can you imagine the computer and server to handle 32+ players with Crysis like graphics?  I'm not made of money, perhaps you are.
Zefar
+116|6686|Sweden

SargeV1.4 wrote:

A high learning curve.
Go play Flight Simulator 2000 if you wanna have a high learning curve as learning a game doesn't take that long.
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6747|Sweden
Learning a game might not take that long, if you want to master a game you might have to put your life in it.
chile1
+2|6342
the new bf series is Battlefield, Bad Company not bf3
The#1Spot
+105|6576|byah
I hope first person shooters will have realistic gore as in real war. Broken exposed bones, head blown to bits, guts spewing out, blood everywhere, shrapnel embedded in your skin, limbs all over the ground, bodies everywhere, damaged buildings when shot at, tanks can smash through stuff, cant jump out of helos, jets have ejection seats, animation getting in and out of a vehicle, soldiers have attributes ie run faster, faster reload times, more efficient machine handling. When using voip the enemy can hear you if you speak too loud.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6536|so randum
If you want that, Soldier of Fortune, double helix. As explained before though, games without blood, can sell to a bigger audience, So it wont happen
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Mafia47
+27|6777|Chicago
Battlefield: Stone Age
Machine_Madness
Madness has now come over me
+20|6473|Brisbane, Australia
RITE ON!!!!! i would buy this game and upgrade my computer just for it.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6709|Colorado
Godzilla.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6756|California

Bad Company will do just fine for me, ok thanks.

Future sucks my nuts, I'd rather kill terrorists than a hybrid ChioRussian army. Mindfuck.
JovesApples
+4|6489|USA
yea, i was gonna say Battlefield BC!!!

i had hoped it would be Battlefield 1943... a return to the roots but the WW2 theme is beyond abused already.
Tompie913
I like Chinese
+12|6419|Pittsburgh, PA
Battlefield Rome or Battlefield 1776

Last edited by Tompie913 (2007-02-14 16:36:45)

link52787
+29|6558
If another one comes out, I probably won't get it.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6536|so randum
Positive Thinking FTW
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
PhaxeNor
:D
+119|6452|Norway | Unkown
Next Battlefield will probly be a DX10 game so it should be good, but we just have to wait and see..
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6667|New Hampshire, USA
Titan mode would be so cool in BF2 if they used a warship such as a destroyer.  It would be kind of like iron gator except you would have to blow up the engine rooms or something.  Also you could use the ship's main armaments such as the artillery or the tomahawk cruise missiles... just a thought.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
imortal
+240|6701|Austin, TX

-=]NS[=-Eagle wrote:

Titan mode would be so cool in BF2 if they used a warship such as a destroyer.  It would be kind of like iron gator except you would have to blow up the engine rooms or something.  Also you could use the ship's main armaments such as the artillery or the tomahawk cruise missiles... just a thought.
Agreed. I thought about that.  maybe have a couple 5" guns to use as distant arty.  But the Titan shield is what keeps Titan mode from being a complete camp fest.  They have to spnd part of the round fighting it out.  Maybe in an island complex map, and only a couple flags have boats to get to the carrier.  I am sure it is possible, and I am sure it would rock.
JovesApples
+4|6489|USA
Battlefield Fantasy would be something i would be interested in...

something like the game Dark Messiah, but with a good multiplayer which IMO is a total flop in DM.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard