superseal17
Banned
+1|6756
While on datorbutiken i was with my friend on the Mec. Normally we have a fun time tpying OMG WHAT WAS THAT in the squad section. I got warned once about typing in capital letters, what's wrong with that? Nearly everything i do on there is illegal like using an engineer shotgun on a crawling person or taking a tank.
thinner44
+1|6810
Could be, and this is just a guess. It's considered SHOUTING and not good netiquette. and . . . Caps can take up a lot of space, it could be that your onscreen conversations are obscuring other people's views. . Just a thought.
SlickWRX
+6|6744
What really pisses me off is when people put a bunch of spaces in their message and then type it in all caps so it shows up right in the center of your screen.
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6775|NRW,Germany
I hate people who write long sentences in tabs in the chat as it´s really distracting.

Especially annoying are people who center their writings by putting space in front of it.
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6821|Belgium

.                                                                 I'LL SECOND THAT
                                                                     JUST HATE IT
Cheers,
R

Last edited by =Robin-Hood= (2005-12-01 12:10:38)

atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6772|Atlanta, GA USA
.i Don't See What The Big Deal Is.
Edit: Well, my joke is ruined When I type in all caps, it gets converted to what you see above...

Last edited by atlvolunteer (2005-12-01 12:16:53)

Jodah3
+1|6739
Preview button = friend
oberst_enzian
+234|6743|melb.au
what's screwed is if you're trying to ask a question, suggest something, or point something out while waiting for the round to start, and the chat is just spammed with n00bs hitting page up/down repeatedly, so the sentence you just typed whizzes by in a millisecond and no-one can read it. how is "you got it" repeating 50 times entertaining? is this the attention span and intellectual capacity of some bf2 players?
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6848|-
Haha, I hardly pay attention to the chat. I'm too busy playing the game.
oberst_enzian
+234|6743|melb.au

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

did you happen to notice the words "waiting for the round to start" in what I said?
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6775|NRW,Germany

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

Usually I don´t care for the chat either but then suddenly there appears
.                                                                             .HELLO GUYS, HOW ARE YOU?
.                                                                             .FINE AND YOU?
.                                                                             .GREAT! HEY JIM YOUVE ASKED OUT THAT GIRL ALREADY?
.                                                                             .NO, BUT I WILL ASK HER TOMORROW

And remember it´s written in the middle of the screen so it takes about the same amount as the "waiting for the round to start" message...
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6848|-
I really never even notice it, even in the middle of the screen. I'm too into the game to notice (or care).
superseal17
Banned
+1|6756
my friend and i do get a kick out of hearing the US saying 'enemy boat spotted' and seeing a hored of boats charging towards their base in karkand
thinner44
+1|6810

Tigg@lot wrote:

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

Usually I don´t care for the chat either but then suddenly there appears
.                                                                             .HELLO GUYS, HOW ARE YOU?
.                                                                             .FINE AND YOU?
.                                                                             .GREAT! HEY JIM YOUVE ASKED OUT THAT GIRL ALREADY?
.                                                                             .NO, BUT I WILL ASK HER TOMORROW

And remember it´s written in the middle of the screen so it takes about the same amount as the "waiting for the round to start" message...
Hey Tigg' A/S/L ... ... you can bet that that's been done somewhere
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6775|NRW,Germany

thinner44 wrote:

Definately ^^
playerX: w00t a gurl?
playery: yes
playerX: Wanna cyber?
playera: Wanna cyber?
playerg: Wanna cyber?
playerz: Wanna cyber?
playere: Wanna cyber?
playerl: Wanna cyber?

playery has left the server

Last edited by Tigg@lot (2005-12-02 12:54:58)

thinner44
+1|6810

Tigg@lot wrote:

thinner44 wrote:

Definately ^^
playerX: w00t a gurl?
playery: yes
playerX: Wanna cyber?
playera: Wanna cyber?
playerg: Wanna cyber?
playerz: Wanna cyber?
playere: Wanna cyber?
playerl: Wanna cyber?

playery has left the server
... aah, takes me back to AOL...cough, spit, grrr. The days before I knew the internet was as safe as houses
_|x|ake|x|_
+0|6753|greenville, sc
yea i hate it when people type there message in the middle of the screen, really hate it when im a sniper tryin to set up my shot and       "playerx: hey (insert cheesy name here) i'll brb in a few minutes pops up in my crosshairs...........freakin jews
staticblue
Vindicator
+28|6736|Houston, TX
I see nothing wrong with caps. Its right under sprint and can be hit by mistake. I actually would prefer everyone used caps. Make's it easier to tell if the line is just someone screaming for a medic or, maybe someone actually typing something without having to look.

I wouldn't consider it shouting. This isn't an MMORPG. Anyone complaining about caps needs to loosen up a bit.   Maybe spend more time fighting and less looking for something to be bossy about. Guess it makes some people feel better about themsevles to have a false sense of authority or power.

(not directed to anyone here. I only read to OP. I tend to have to leave this line from time to time 'cause some take things personally.)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard