stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6712|California

ITS A JOKE! LOL! OK THANKS, NO NEED TO GO BALLISTIC ON MY INBOX ANYMORE YOU CRAZY FANBOYS!

Its a joke! lol! i own all of you with language!

Last edited by stryyker (2007-02-02 14:35:26)

CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer
+145|6648|The View From The Afternoon
Gotta agree with you there. Funny shit as well.  +1

Sticky?
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6583|Your attic
Oddly enough I agree.

Oh and there is also one thing worse than Xbox Live.

Reuther.

Last edited by Towelly (2007-02-02 11:45:45)

Pice_of_paper
oBy| Back In Business
+28|6454

Towelly wrote:

Oddly enough I agree.
[RaWr]-Impsux
Have Guns, Will Travel.
+28|6549
I some-what agree. Competition in my eyes is fine, they don't have to take it so seriously though.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6622|Washington, DC

Partially agree there. Competitive play is fun, but the playerbase at CAL are in general, assholes. As you said, an orgy of e-penises.

"LAWL UR A SCRUB UR BENCHED"
"WTF NO FAG I SWONE YOU"
"What's swone mean?"
"LOL STFU U FAGGOT SCRUB OR I WILL KILL YOU"
"SCRUB"
"FAG"
"TEAM OF NOOBS"
"I KNEW HE WAS A HACKER! HES A HACKER HES A HACKER HES A HACKER! FIFTY YEARS AGO WE'D HAVE A PITCHFORK UP YOUR ASS!"
"Join my team"
"LOL FUCK YOU FAG WERE GONNA PWN U SO HARD U FORFEIT"
"THIS AINT NO KID'S PLAYGROUND, THIS IS WHERE THE REAL MEN PLAY VIDEO GAMES"
"How much money have you made off of this?"
"NONE BUT WE'RE GOIN TO CPL CAUSE W OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWN"
"How much money would you get there?"
"LIKE THOUSANDS OF BUX LOL"
"Why not get a real job where you make "thousands of bucks" in a few days?"
"............STFU SCRUB FAG NOOB"

Disgusting. They act like putting "LEET(apparently you can now be a 'stud' in a video game too)/STUD INFANTRY CAL BF2 MAIN CHAMP" will get them a seat at Microsoft as the CEO.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460
Well competetive Halo2 and CSS sould die. In BF2 you need to use things called teamwork, strategy and coordination to win, unlike in CSS were it's the team who gets the AWP first or Halo2 were everyone is just running around and even if no one on the team could communicate with a teammate they could win. But in BF2 teamplay is much more important so playing competetively is fun.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6712|California

Hurricane wrote:

Partially agree there. Competitive play is fun, but the playerbase at CAL are in general, assholes. As you said, an orgy of e-penises.

"WTF NO FAG I SWONE YOU"
"What's swone mean?"
"SCRUB"
"FAG"
"TEAM OF NOOBS"
"I KNEW HE WAS A HACKER! HES A HACKER HES A HACKER HES A HACKER! FIFTY YEARS AGO WE'D HAVE A PITCHFORK UP YOUR ASS!"
"Join my team"

Disgusting. They act like putting "LEET(apparently you can now be a 'stud' in a video game too)/STUD INFANTRY CAL BF2 MAIN CHAMP" will get them a seat at Microsoft as the CEO.
Excellent point. I had skipped over the lingo aspect as well
Schwarzelungen
drunklenglungen
+133|6288|Bloomington Indiana
i agree mostly...im not too competitive... i just like having fun every now and again
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6835|Reykjavík, Iceland.
I agree, I'm only in a clan because it's much more fun to play with people you know, on TS all the time, working as a team, I don't even enjoy scrimmage.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6583|Your attic
I still blame Reuther.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460

Hurricane wrote:

"WTF NO FAG I SWONE YOU"
"What's swone mean?"
"SCRUB"
"FAG"
"TEAM OF NOOBS"
"Join my team"

It's alot better in TWL if that is any consolation.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6645
When people have a reason why they can be 'the man', they're going to do it. Yes, lots of the best players who play in tournaments are very full of themselves. Isn't that just a kind of person in general? you cannot associate tournament players with arrogant people - the silent majority is there, the vocal minority gets the attention.

BFpro makes adjustments to this game to remove luck, and increase fairness. I think you don't like it because it's associated with said tournaments and it's got "pro" in its name.

gaming for a career is plain retarded, people who say they're going to do it are making an example of a very few select people who have succeeded. Out of the thousands of 'professional' players out there, only a few earn enough to live on. It's not stupid to pursue a 'career' in gaming, but it is if you actually want to do it instead of a real job, not to mention skip school/college to do so.

so, let's recap here: points 9, 8 ,6 , and 4 are down to the fact that achieving something lets players give themselves (and others who are like them) a reason to act like the alpha male.

yes, anything beyond casual gaming is still geeks' terrain. There might be a few exceptions, but the majority of them, as you said, are never going to get laid.

I do not see anything wrong with wanting to play games in an organised and competitive way, to practice and to want to get better. But I do think that taking time out of normal life to go further in gaming is going too far. Playing against and with the best is an incredible experience, especially at large events. It's worth it, if you're into it. But unfortunately, there are plenty of idiots out there - don't let them spoil it.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6835|Reykjavík, Iceland.
wtf is reuther anyway?
Hurricane
Banned

TWL generally does have a calmer base. Maybe that's why they're the "scrub" league; not everyone there is on 24/7 playing a video game that is going to be dead in a year top's time.

And stryyker, I forgot:

"PUBSCRUB"
"LAWL IM A BADDIE"
"Guys stop arguing please" (this is the silent 'hero' of the forums who gets shot down in the next line)
"STFU U FAG UR LAME TEAM WENT 4-4 U LOST TO A FUCKING PUBSCRUB TEAM GTFO MY FORUMS BITTTTCH"
"LAWL GOOD ONE"

Even the admins there don't seem to give two shits half the time. Yeah, freedom of speech and not looking like a forum nazi, but there's a difference between playful trash talk and intense flaming between two people which probably discourages others from joining the league. It's really a fucking zoo on there sometimes, I don't think twice about calling the majority of CAL players a bunch of fucking circus animals.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6683|Devon, England
I have a few questions to ask.

1. Who is Reuther?

2. That GetSwoned site doesn't seem to work... Was it a typo of the url?

3. Why did you post this? I'm not having a go at you, in fact I agree with a few things, but I just can't see why what's already well known needs to be posted...
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6588|Michigan, USA
So very very true.  I dont play with a clan or competivly, does that make me a far worse player? According to these organizations yes.  But if i join CAL today does that instanly improve my skill?

I have a friend in CAL for CS1.6, we play CS almost everyday at school, he flaunts his CAL skills and we crush him.  Any organization, calns, CAl, or otherwise are just eliteist pricks.  Your not better then everyone else, just becasue you have a forum doesnt make you a good player.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6514
if u don't like it, don't do it. no need to flame others who enjoy it to make yourself feel better.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6758|UK
I play TWL and that isnt really anything you have described. TWL is for fun. That being fun competition and not really serious.
Hurricane
Banned

FFLink13 wrote:

I have a few questions to ask.

1. Who is Reuther?

2. That GetSwoned site doesn't seem to work... Was it a typo of the url?

3. Why did you post this? I'm not having a go at you, in fact I agree with a few things, but I just can't see why what's already well known needs to be posted...
1. A 12 year old kid with severe ADHD, possibly other clinical problems. I'm not kidding either. Think of mourning_w00d5 with a slightly deeper voice and ADHD:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=28744

2. www.getswoned.com is the URL

3. To vent I guess? IDK though, I'm not stryyker =p
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6583|Your attic

PBAsydney wrote:

wtf is reuther anyway?
I'd try and find the thread but I can't be bothered.

Suffice to say that he has the most annoying voice in the world, is 14 years old, thinks he's God's gift to BF2 and will never back down.

Edit: Look Upwards

Last edited by Towelly (2007-02-02 12:14:32)

Des.Kmal
+917|6610|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Wow stryyker, youre taking this a little bit too fucking seriously. For fucks sake dude, who gives a FLYING FUCK if someone says theyre an athlete over the internet? I sure as fuck dont, neither should you. This was by far the dumbest post you have made.

No, im not in cal, i am in twl, and its funner (not a word, dont give a shit) than "pubbing"

Yes, i hate the people who are like, "OMG IM SO FU(KING LEETZ0RZ!!!!11" its fucking annoying, ignore them.

Yes, "YOU GOT SWOONED!!!!" is also fucking annoying. someone says it in my squad, i tell them to stop, its dumb, they keep on, i kick them or leave. its very fucking simple.

Not that i care stryyker, this was dumb as fuck, and take your own advice, dont take the internet so seriously. ffs
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6712|California

Des.Kmal wrote:

Wow stryyker, youre taking this a little bit too fucking seriously. For fucks sake dude, who gives a FLYING FUCK if someone says theyre an athlete over the internet? I sure as fuck dont, neither should you. This was by far the dumbest post you have made.

No, im not in cal, i am in twl, and its funner (not a word, dont give a shit) than "pubbing"

Yes, i hate the people who are like, "OMG IM SO FU(KING LEETZ0RZ!!!!11" its fucking annoying, ignore them.

Yes, "YOU GOT SWOONED!!!!" is also fucking annoying. someone says it in my squad, i tell them to stop, its dumb, they keep on, i kick them or leave. its very fucking simple.

Not that i care stryyker, this was dumb as fuck, and take your own advice, dont take the internet so seriously. ffs
you used "fuck" alot for not caring. Covering yourself much?

3. To vent I guess? IDK though, I'm not stryyker =p
Half vent, half frustration, who knows. I needed something to do with my time before i go back to court.

Last edited by stryyker (2007-02-02 12:13:28)

Des.Kmal
+917|6610|Atlanta, Georgia, USA

stryyker wrote:

Des.Kmal wrote:

you used "fuck" alot for not caring. Covering yourself much?
i dont even know stryyker, your post really pissed me off. i dont know why.
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6645
are you going to try to reply to my post and make some sense, or should I just give up already
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard