aFilthyJundie
+0|6722|UK
OMFG would troops please look behind them after zipping in so as to make sure no-one else is using their zip line. LOL, at least three times ive had a zip line vanish as im using it because the owner has thrown it back in his bergen. Any thoughts gents?
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6770|AUS, Canberra

aFilthyJundie wrote:

OMFG would troops please look behind them after zipping in so as to make sure no-one else is using their zip line. LOL, at least three times ive had a zip line vanish as im using it because the owner has thrown it back in his bergen. Any thoughts gents?
hate that too.
McCullough
+7|6838
Nothing to do about it. But i hate when it happens to.
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6763

lol a couple rounds ago we were playing surge and a guy let down a zipwire from the command to launch pad, and around 10 or so people hop on, so there's 10 people sliding down. He gets off, picks it up and 10 of us fall down.

9 of them died.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6841|Cologne, Germany

Coolbeano wrote:

lol a couple rounds ago we were playing surge and a guy let down a zipwire from the command to launch pad, and around 10 or so people hop on, so there's 10 people sliding down. He gets off, picks it up and 10 of us fall down.

9 of them died.
rofl...

I wonder...were all those TKs then ?
the_ubernoob_
+8|6743
Since it was fall dmg, I bet it was all
"player1[fell to his doom]"

-------------
have the parachute button ready when using the zipline
wensleydale8
+81|6769|LEEDS!!!!!, Yorkshire
i took a zipline away once(thats the only time i did it.) when someone was using it to see if it would be classed as a TK it wasnt though.
Dear God please let my karma one day reach 100, whether it be tomorrow or 1000 years in the future i want it to happen.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6782|The Hague, Holland
Or when somebody throws a grapple line over a wall way back in the enemy base to cap a flag.
And immediatly takes it with him so you have to walk the entire 2900 miles back, around the wall, while that ass is capping the flag
CBRacky
+0|6756

the_heart_attack wrote:

aFilthyJundie wrote:

hate that too.
i purposly pull the zipline when teammates are on.  its the funniest shit in the world   Nah i'm kidding.  I don't even have SF yet.
dan500
+57|6847
I hope EA will make a patch where if someone is on a zipline it cant be took back
Blankwindow
+1|6725
no dan it should be you can't take the grappleorzimple while friendlies are on it. it is two handy when you got enemies chasing you to be able to drop them.
aFilthyJundie
+0|6722|UK

dan500 wrote:

I hope EA will make a patch where if someone is on a zipline it cant be took back
Winner!
SlickWRX
+6|6743
I've tried taking down ziplines after I've slid down using the G key.  It wouldn't do it.  Am I missing something here?
Turtle
+7|6757|Boulder, CO
Wow, I didn't even realize you could pick them back up. I just remember hearing that you can only use them once a spawn so I never tried pressing e on it after I grapple up or zip down. Wow, hello sniper mobility.

I would've loved to have seen 9 guys all falling to their death at once, that's hilarious!
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6752
Is there any weight limits lol. Yesterday me and my squad on warlord. I throw my grapple on the roof and start moving up... My squad leader is going up with me too. We are going too close to each other and instantly both of us fall down. I look up, hook is still on the wall. Strange.....
Probably we just pushed eachother to fall down, but I wonder if there is any weightlimit for zipline or hook?

GL HF
Malo
+0|6771

Dr.Battlefield wrote:

Is there any weight limits lol. Yesterday me and my squad on warlord. I throw my grapple on the roof and start moving up... My squad leader is going up with me too. We are going too close to each other and instantly both of us fall down. I look up, hook is still on the wall. Strange.....
Probably we just pushed eachother to fall down, but I wonder if there is any weightlimit for zipline or hook?

GL HF
The rope probably wasnt hanging properly. There is no weight limit ive climbed with liek 4 people at once. Sometimes the rope gets stuck at some parts and the game things u want to jump off at the place where it is stuck.
aFilthyJundie
+0|6722|UK
I think its something about the placing of the crossbow bolt plus the position you are standing on as the bolt fires a post gets ramed into the ground next to where you are then sometimes thrown off a ledge by the pole itself.
zhushma
+-1|6737
The reaon you cannot retrieve your zip line is becasue you need to retrieve it from the end of the line, where you  landed, otherwise you will have a croosbow with no bolt. no use then
Jodah3
+1|6739

SlickWRX wrote:

I've tried taking down ziplines after I've slid down using the G key.  It wouldn't do it.  Am I missing something here?
Sounds like you're doing it right, "G" is the default and works fine for me.  Maybe check your controls and make sure that you have it mapped to the right key?
Mr_Spork
+2|6741
Can someone please post screen shots of this happening,

I have yet to come across this and i'm having a hard time imagining things today.
Drunkaholic
+4|6724

SlickWRX wrote:

You have to be within a certain distance of the zipline to pick it up; you probably fell to far and it wouldn't do it.  Also, have any of you guys seen this happen on the cliffs of Devil's Perch??? It's murder... (it is kinda fun to pull up the grappling hooks as your enemies try to climb over the asylum wall though
Kingswat
+0|6754
That's why when your on someone elses zip line you should always be ready to deploy your chute.
IronGeek
One Shot, One Kill
+4|6794|Canberra, Australia

zhushma wrote:

The reaon you cannot retrieve your zip line is becasue you need to retrieve it from the end of the line, where you  landed, otherwise you will have a croosbow with no bolt. no use then
Not true, you can retieve from either end.
IronGeek
One Shot, One Kill
+4|6794|Canberra, Australia

aFilthyJundie wrote:

Maybe you should deploy your own.....
aFilthyJundie
+0|6722|UK

IronGeek wrote:

aFilthyJundie wrote:

Maybe you should deploy your own.....
By that logic i would have to go into battle as a sniper or spec ops only just to use the zip lines which i have done but what if you are a medic for instance?  The team play in this great game can sometimes happen from no-where, your running around doing your own thing when all of a sudden there is a sniper in front of you grabbing hold of HIS zip line so you join him on his quest for glory only to find yourself falling into a rose bush and the sniper is up there banging away like a good'n.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard