Colt Single Action Army "The Peacemaker"6%6% - 19
The "Luger"7%7% - 23
The Glock 1720%20% - 61
The Desert Eagle .50 cal24%24% - 74
Total: 298
Sneaky.Russian
Random Hero
+119|6334|Australia QLD
would Glock-18c have anything different to Glock-17 apart from the automatic mechanism and extended barrel?
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6778|Dallas

Sneaky.Russian wrote:

would Glock-18c have anything different to Glock-17 apart from the automatic mechanism and extended barrel?
Usually when they come out with a new version such as (i.e.) Glock 18a, 18b, 18c, 18d, it's usually a minor change, upgrade or minor difference, such as a barrel extension of something of that sort.  If there is a major upgrade or change to the gun it will receive a new ID, i.e. Glock 19.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6769|United States of America

SysTray wrote:

The Luger is a classic. That's why it's the best.
I like it because it jams every other shot fired.
UnknownRanger
Squirrels, natures little speedbump.
+610|6358|Cali

Trigger_Happy_92 wrote:

glock.

and dont say that the DE is the best because you play CS or because it fires big bullets.

the glock has proven itself in reliability, and its price. ive seen a guy with a 100 round double drum cartrige fire it off in a glock. try that with another pistol.
dislexiclawyer
+11|6457|Missouri
If you don't understand this picture you are not a true deciple of John Browning, and therefore must convert to the ways of the 1911.
https://img179.imageshack.us/img179/7317/browningbookbx0.jpg
https://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3978/45truthadjr4.jpg
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6532|Adelaide, South Australia

The Colt .45 is the AK-47 of the pistol world.

But I believe, had the Bren Ten been perfected, that it would be better than the Colt .45
jermyang
I've Seen the Saucers.
+38|6753|Norcal, usa
what about the .357 magnum... the most powerful handgun in the world.

haha im retarded.
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6705|NAS Jacksonville, Florida

Sneaky.Russian wrote:

All hail M1911!
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6619|Greenwood, IN
Colt Peacemaker probably the most used gun during the wild west times.  Also they gave it the name "peacemaker" for a reason.
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6500|Melbourne

I voted the Peacemaker out of that group, but i don't see why you didn't put the famed:

44 Magnum Colt "Anaconda"
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/99/Anaconda-500.jpg

The .44 Magnum is a large-bore, dual-use cartridge designed for revolvers; however it is also used in many rifles as well. It was developed in the mid-1950s by lengthening the .44 Special cartridge. Despite the ".44" designation, all guns chambered for .44 Magnum and its parent use bullets .429 inches (10.9 mm) in diameter. A .44 Magnum revolver or rifle will accept both .44 Magnum and .44 Special ammunition, but a weapon designed for .44 Special will only accept the Special, due to the longer overall length of a .44 Magnum cartridge.

.44 Magnum FTW!

Last edited by R3v4n (2007-01-30 21:05:52)

~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6538|South Florida

SysTray wrote:

The Luger is a classic. That's why it's the best.
15 more years! 15 more years!
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6645|Finland

My vote goes to "Other":

FN (Browning) 1910

https://img295.imageshack.us/img295/3268/browning1910em1.jpg

The FN Model 1910 was a blowback-operated, semi-automatic pistol designed by John Browning and manufactured by Fabrique Nationale of Belgium.

The FN Model 1910 was a departure for Browning. Before, his designs were produced by both FN in Europe and Colt Firearms in the United States. Since Colt did not want to produce it, Browning chose to patent and produce this design in Europe only. Introduced in 1910, this pistol used a novel operating spring location surrounding the barrel. This location became the standard in such future weapons as the Walther PPK and Russian Makarov. It incorporated the standard Browning striker-firing mechanism and a grip safety along with a magazine safety and an external safety lever (known as the "triple safety") in a compact package. Offered in both .380 ACP (six-round magazine) and .32 ACP (seven-round magazine) calibers, it remained in production until 1983.

An FN M1910 chambered in .32 ACP (serial number 19074) was the handgun used by Gavrilo Princip to assassinate Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria in Sarajevo on June 28, 1914, precipitating the First World War.

Last edited by DonFck (2007-01-30 21:36:06)

I need around tree fiddy.
bubbass
humble
+61|6582

Andoura wrote:

http://www.israeli-weapons.com/weapons/small_arms/uzi/uzi-pistol.jpg
You're a retard. An Uzi is a submachine gun, not a pistol. Why don't you have knowledge of the subject before commenting.

My vote goes towards the 1911. End of discussion

Edit: OP, you're another retard for even having a Glock and the DE on the list.

Last edited by bubbass (2007-01-30 21:32:54)

AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6476|A W S M F O X
CZ-75, often hailed as one of the best pistols of all time.

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg51-e.htm
bhnrecon
+0|6660
Ok, been awhile since I have posted, however, Cougar has the means to raise my interests, so without further delay.

My vote:

Glock 21, this is a 45 cal ACP round fired from a weapon that has un-surpassed reliability and Over Tested standards. The Colt M1911 has out grown its usefulness. The design is pretty to hang on the wall with a "fancy" paint job or stuff it in a box on the desk. Glock Factory does not make "pretty" guns. They make guns that are going to work when you pull them out of the sand, out of the water, out of a cement mixer, after you shoot it with a long rifle at the weakest point of the slide, the front sights. Glock is made to work, flawlessly. I personally own several glocks and my most used Glock has appox 18000 rounds thru the tube. In a 45 cal, that is A LOT of trigger time. (Cougar can vouche to my shooting habits... very expensive, but the only way to stay sharp) The weapon is a Glock 21, 13 round "Drop-free" magazines. Out of this weapon I have had a TOTAL of 3 Failure to Fires, and 2 stove pipes. The 3 failure to fires were due to faulty ammo, and 2 stove pipes were due to the first time I started to show my wife how to shoot a 45 cal. She was limp wristing the weapon causing the blow back operation to no function correctly. With this being said, that makes appox 17995 rounds fired with out a hiccup.

Next, I personally own 3 of the 4 weapons on this list.

The Glock 17, the Colt M1911, and the De AE .50cal. I will explain a little about each. Starting with the Glock 17.

1. The Glock pistol line has been made "popular" by several different means. First, it's service with law enforcement personal, second, "gansta's", and third video games. The first reason is what led me to purchase a Glock.

2. Next to address the "plastic" issue. There is enough metal in the lower receiver (for all you non gun noobs - the bottom part where the trigger, pistol grip live) to set off a metal detector from the 50's. The polymer coat's a metal frame. In addition, all of Glock's metal parts are coated with tenifer. This is a Harding material that Glock uses to protect its parts. You can fire a "dry"(noob term - no oil) Glock for at least 1000 rounds in rapid cession and not have a jam, this has been proven time and time again. (Lets see a colt 1911 do that.) Now after personally putting many Glocks thru the "wringer" This is a NO Brainer for me.

Colt M1911 .45cal ACP

Colt m1911 .45cal ACP is the great great great great great grandfather that came to America 18 billion years ago and walked 150 miles 1 way to work each and everyday. ( ) Now that I have that out of the way. The colt 1911 is one of the best weapon's of IT'S TIME. Notice how I said "IT'S TIME". This was a weapon designed many many years ago, and THEN put in to production and then sold to the military. The design for this weapon was submitted for selection in 1906 then selected to go in to production in 1907, and presented to the military for review. In it's time this was the weapon of choice. To this day the design has remained timeless, very very little has changed in the means of design. This shows that the weapon was designed very well for (again I will do it) "IT'S TIME". To add more this section for completeness, the original 1911 would only hold 7 rounds in the magazine and 1 in the chamber.

DE .50cal AE

The Desert Eagle .50cal Action Express.... wow what a weapon... weighting in over 4 pounds with no ammo in it... recoil that could hurt (if you DON'T R E S P E C T the weapon) if you are not careful, and the ability to stop a Mack ASET AC engine (18 wheeler for all you nubs out there) dead in it's tracks with no more then 7 shots. The down side to this weapon.... after 10000 rounds you need to have it rebuilt, or do it yourself. The springs go to hell fast in this weapon. Second you can not find an indoor range that will let you tear up the back stops with a weapon like this.... not within 100 miles of Dallas at least. Third at 35 dollars per 20 rounds of ammo (about $1.75 per trigger pull) shooting this thing can be very expensive very fast. Forth, you can only buy select ammo for the weapon; there are only a few different makers of ammo for the .50 AE.

I could go on and on and on all night long about different weapons however I have a few other things to do, like counting sheep. I will close on these notes.... a Sig five seven..... The normal rounds you can buy are NOT AP rounds... the velocity of the rounds allow them to penetrate class 2 body armor, not class 3 when worn correctly.  .357...... Made popular by the movies, not the most powerful hand gun in the world (however they used to rate bullet proof vests against the .357mag).  If you pick an ak-47 over most other semi-auto or full automatic rifles out there, you are 1 of 2 things.... trying to be "cool" or you can not afford a better rifle. I personally own an ak-47, and well.... 7.62 x 39 is good... it will make nice big holes... however, you had best be with in say 100 meters or less, cause even at 100, you had best be taking very good aim at your target, and then pray that you hit them (the movies have shown ppl shooting from the hip with an ak-47 more times then I can count, if you do this, I might not mind standing at about 100 feet from you, cause you probably won't hit me). The "c" on the end of the Glock nomenclature stands for compensated. A 9mm round is not a pussy round if fired buy someone who knows what they are doing. Also to add to this, would you call an MP5 a pussy weapon.... it fires 9mm rounds. The Beretta 92 series is a very reliable weapon, so why is it too bad, maybe if you took a few classes on weapons you would understand that the just cause the name brand is what you like or not what you like does not mean that a series is not or is better then another brand / style of weapon. H&K MK23 pistol... very nice... very pricey... very good weapon... but if it was not for counter strike, half the ppl on this forum would not even know what the real nomenclature for the usp .45cal was... sigh.. I am done again for another 3 or some months until cougar asks my opinion... Like I said I can rant on and on.

~Recon
bhnrecon
+0|6660

bubbass wrote:

Andoura wrote:

http://www.israeli-weapons.com/weapons/small_arms/uzi/uzi-pistol.jpg
You're a retard. An Uzi is a submachine gun, not a pistol. Why don't you have knowledge of the subject before commenting.

My vote goes towards the 1911. End of discussion

Edit: OP, you're another retard for even having a Glock and the DE on the list.
Please explain how anyone is retarded for having a Glock on this list... or better yet, if you were implying that one would be retarded to own a Glock... I would LOVE to know why... and then I can refute your idiocy rather quickly.
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6707|San Francisco
The 1911, hands down.  I just got a Kimber Gold Match II .45, and I absolutely love it.  The profile, the stopping power, the weight and the accuracy are all just top-notch.

I absolutely hate Glocks...every one I've fired just feels like a plastic toy, and the kick is never consistent.  It always threw my hand to the left no matter how hard to controlled it, and I couldn't get the hang of them.

I like big guns and stopping power, so my vote is with the .45 1911 and the Peacemaker.  Nothing better than .45 Long Colts!  (I was going to get a .44 Magnum Ruger Redhawk revolver, but decided on the Kimber instead).
panda-pat
+10|6501|Sydney, Australia

Big McLargehuge wrote:

Anyone that picks the Desert Eagle probably plays Counter-Strike.
Yup, and cos its look da cooliest
panda-pat
+10|6501|Sydney, Australia

Marconius wrote:

The 1911, hands down.  I just got a Kimber Gold Match II .45, and I absolutely love it.  The profile, the stopping power, the weight and the accuracy are all just top-notch.

I absolutely hate Glocks...every one I've fired just feels like a plastic toy, and the kick is never consistent.  It always threw my hand to the left no matter how hard to controlled it, and I couldn't get the hang of them.

I like big guns and stopping power, so my vote is with the .45 1911 and the Peacemaker.  Nothing better than .45 Long Colts!  (I was going to get a .44 Magnum Ruger Redhawk revolver, but decided on the Kimber instead).
Man, americans can buy guns and use them socially and whatnot, no such thing here in aus
bubbass
humble
+61|6582

bhnrecon wrote:

I will close on these notes.... a Sig five seven..... The normal rounds you can buy are NOT AP rounds... the velocity of the rounds allow them to penetrate class 2 body armor, not class 3 when worn correctly.
It's the FN FiveseveN, not Sig.

bhnrecon wrote:

If you pick an ak-47 over most other semi-auto or full automatic rifles out there, you are 1 of 2 things.... trying to be "cool" or you can not afford a better rifle. I personally own an ak-47, and well.... 7.62 x 39 is good... it will make nice big holes... however, you had best be with in say 100 meters or less, cause even at 100, you had best be taking very good aim at your target, and then pray that you hit them (the movies have shown ppl shooting from the hip with an ak-47 more times then I can count, if you do this, I might not mind standing at about 100 feet from you, cause you probably won't hit me).
I agree 100% with this. I love my AK47 to death, but I'd still grab my AR15 first.

bhnrecon wrote:

A 9mm round is not a pussy round if fired buy someone who knows what they are doing. Also to add to this, would you call an MP5 a pussy weapon.... it fires 9mm rounds. The Beretta 92 series is a very reliable weapon, so why is it too bad, maybe if you took a few classes on weapons you would understand that the just cause the name brand is what you like or not what you like does not mean that a series is not or is better then another brand / style of weapon. H&K MK23 pistol... very nice... very pricey... very good weapon... but if it was not for counter strike, half the ppl on this forum would not even know what the real nomenclature for the usp .45cal was...
9mm is tough when you're trained, but the whole idea of using it in pistols and as in the HK MP5 is for the safety of others. A 9mm will hit a body, or a wall and stop. Where as 5.56 x 45 will travel through those objects. Higher rate of velocity makes it really dangerous to by-standards.

Oh, this is the only part that I read. The rest is too long.

Edit:

bhnrecon wrote:

Please explain how anyone is retarded for having a Glock on this list... or better yet, if you were implying that one would be retarded to own a Glock... I would LOVE to know why... and then I can refute your idiocy rather quickly.
I have nothing bad to say about Glocks, but there are better handguns out there. My personal opinion is that the grip angle on them blows and who should trust something made completely of plastic? I know they hold up and serve well, but meh,. Plus, everyone and their mother owns a Glock so it must be the COOLEST handgun out there. Well, besides the DEagle of course.

Last edited by bubbass (2007-01-30 22:37:05)

Executiator
+69|6434
Most Desert Eagle makes are not make in the .50 round type.

Most are .357 and .44.

Making a .50 pistol is just dumb.

Just because the pistol is in CS and all that shit does not make it a shitty hand gun.

I bet all you nay sayers haven't even fired a gun in your life...
misconfiguration
GURU
+86|6409|Indianapolis, IN
M1911 Ftw!!
imortal
+240|6678|Austin, TX
Out of the choices given, my vote goes to the 1911 and the Glock.  They are both "professional's" guns.

The 1911 has firepower, reliability, history.  That .45ACP is a bear of a round, yet easily controllable.  And a 1911 can be customized into about anything.  You want more proof?  What are the companies producing 1911 pistols?  Colt, Smith & Wesson, Kimber, Ed Brown, Wilson Combat, Sig Sauer, Springfield Armory, AMT, and most likely others that do not come to mind now.

The Glock is another pistol that shouldered its way into the history books.  Designed by an engineer who never tried to make a gun before, the glock was made with fewer moving parts than any other automatic at the time.  The polymer frame (not plastic) is at least as tough as most metal frames out there at a fraction of the price.  Those of us who were old enough to follow the argument when the Glock came out were amazed.  Never before had a pistol benn so rigourously tested, tortured, criticized, and reviled.  Most gun critics of the day wanted nothing to do with the 'plastic gun' or were determined to destroy it.  They eventually managed to break one, but only by applying tso much force to the pistol that no other pistol made would have been able to survive, either.   The Glock is TOUGH.  It is accurate.  reliable. 

Other pistols that deserve honorable mentions:

M1935 Hi Power
CZ-75
Baretta 92 series
Walther P-38
Webly No 1 mk 4
bubbass
humble
+61|6582

imortal wrote:

Out of the choices given, my vote goes to the 1911 and the Glock.  They are both "professional's" guns.

The 1911 has firepower, reliability, history.  That .45ACP is a bear of a round, yet easily controllable.  And a 1911 can be customized into about anything.  You want more proof?  What are the companies producing 1911 pistols?  Colt, Smith & Wesson, Kimber, Ed Brown, Wilson Combat, Sig Sauer, Springfield Armory, AMT, and most likely others that do not come to mind now.

The Glock is another pistol that shouldered its way into the history books.  Designed by an engineer who never tried to make a gun before, the glock was made with fewer moving parts than any other automatic at the time.  The polymer frame (not plastic) is at least as tough as most metal frames out there at a fraction of the price.  Those of us who were old enough to follow the argument when the Glock came out were amazed.  Never before had a pistol benn so rigourously tested, tortured, criticized, and reviled.  Most gun critics of the day wanted nothing to do with the 'plastic gun' or were determined to destroy it.  They eventually managed to break one, but only by applying tso much force to the pistol that no other pistol made would have been able to survive, either.   The Glock is TOUGH.  It is accurate.  reliable. 

Other pistols that deserve honorable mentions:

M1935 Hi Power
CZ-75
Baretta 92 series
Walther P-38
Webly No 1 mk 4
I like your reasoning. It's nice to see a person with knowledge instead of using what they know from video games.
bhnrecon
+0|6660

bubbass wrote:

bhnrecon wrote:

I will close on these notes.... a Sig five seven..... The normal rounds you can buy are NOT AP rounds... the velocity of the rounds allow them to penetrate class 2 body armor, not class 3 when worn correctly.
It's the FN FiveseveN, not Sig.

bhnrecon wrote:

If you pick an ak-47 over most other semi-auto or full automatic rifles out there, you are 1 of 2 things.... trying to be "cool" or you can not afford a better rifle. I personally own an ak-47, and well.... 7.62 x 39 is good... it will make nice big holes... however, you had best be with in say 100 meters or less, cause even at 100, you had best be taking very good aim at your target, and then pray that you hit them (the movies have shown ppl shooting from the hip with an ak-47 more times then I can count, if you do this, I might not mind standing at about 100 feet from you, cause you probably won't hit me).
I agree 100% with this. I love my AK47 to death, but I'd still grab my AR15 first.

bhnrecon wrote:

A 9mm round is not a pussy round if fired buy someone who knows what they are doing. Also to add to this, would you call an MP5 a pussy weapon.... it fires 9mm rounds. The Beretta 92 series is a very reliable weapon, so why is it too bad, maybe if you took a few classes on weapons you would understand that the just cause the name brand is what you like or not what you like does not mean that a series is not or is better then another brand / style of weapon. H&K MK23 pistol... very nice... very pricey... very good weapon... but if it was not for counter strike, half the ppl on this forum would not even know what the real nomenclature for the usp .45cal was...
9mm is tough when you're trained, but the whole idea of using it in pistols and as in the HK MP5 is for the safety of others. A 9mm will hit a body, or a wall and stop. Where as 5.56 x 45 will travel through those objects. Higher rate of velocity makes it really dangerous to by-standards.

Oh, this is the only part that I read. The rest is too long.

Edit:

bhnrecon wrote:

I have nothing bad to say about Glocks, but there are better handguns out there. My personal opinion is that the grip angle on them blows and who should trust something made completely of plastic? I know they hold up and serve well, but meh,. Plus, everyone and their mother owns a Glock so it must be the COOLEST handgun out there. Well, besides the DEagle of course.
Thank you for the correction, as i do not own a five seven i am not that interest in it thus the maker is of no importance to me, however as stated before, the glock is just "coated" in polymer not entirely polymer. the majority of the weapon is metal. If you ever get a wild hair accross your ass and deside you want to throw away a perfectly good weapon take a torch to a glock frame and melt off the "plastic" you will see that it is metal all the way through out the weapon.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard