Colt Single Action Army "The Peacemaker"6%6% - 19
The "Luger"7%7% - 23
The Glock 1720%20% - 61
The Desert Eagle .50 cal24%24% - 74
Total: 298
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6764|Dallas
Please read below if you are not sure before voting.  I will provide as much relevant material as I can about the weapons. 

Colt M1911 .45 Semi Automatic Pistol
https://img264.imageshack.us/img264/1814/m1911jy4.jpg
The M1911 is the most well-known of John Browning's design to use the short recoil principle in its basic design. Besides the pistol being widely copied itself, this operating system rose to become the pre-eminent type of the 20th century and of nearly all modern pistols.  Asking for a .45-caliber automatic pistol was a tall order that few manufacturers or inventors attempted successfully in the early 20th century. To accomplish this, Browning settled on a design that is so timeless, it has been changed little in nearly 100 years of production.

After the Second World War, the M1911 continued to be a mainstay of the United States Armed Forces in the Korean War and the Vietnam War and was even used during Desert Storm in some U.S. Army units.

Colt Single Action Army "The Peacemaker"
https://img264.imageshack.us/img264/9786/epacemakersd7.jpg
The Colt Single Action Army handgun, also known as the Colt Peacemaker or Single Action Army, is a single action revolver holding 6 rounds of ammunition. It was designed for the US cavalry by Colt's Manufacturing Company and adopted in 1873, and it was perhaps the most prolific pistol in the wild west.

US Army General George S. Patton, who began his career in the cavalry, carried a custom-made SAA with ivory grips engraved with his initials and an eagle, which became his trademark. He used it during the Mexican Punitive Expedition of 1916 to kill two of Pancho Villa's lieutenants, and carried it until his death in 1945 shortly after the end of World War II.

The "Luger"
https://img184.imageshack.us/img184/474/lugerkp5.jpg
The Luger pistol was manufactured to very high standards and thus has a very long service life, in excess of 100 years with proper maintenance and care, albeit dependent on the number of rounds fired. Luger pistols are extremely accurate due to precise engineering, ergonomic grip angle and shape, decent trigger pull, and a design that allows the barrel to remain aligned with the axis of the frame during use. This is in contrast to some other designs which cause the barrel to tip during recoil, such as Browning's M1911. Luger pistols function reliably when properly maintained, but their close mechanical tolerances are not suited to dirty battlefield conditions since much of their firing mechanism is exposed. Many soldiers who have used the Luger Pistol praise the 55 degree angle of the handle, as some shooters find this handle configuration to be ergonomic and intuitive.

The Glock 17
https://img184.imageshack.us/img184/4218/glock17ho7.jpg
The Glock 17 has become very popular because of its simple controls, high durability, and moderate price along with better than average accuracy. It is also reported to be highly reliable in extreme environments like desert, jungle, and arctic regions.

The glock is also very popular in the hip-hop and rap world. It is mentioned in numerous rap songs, among these Tupac Shakurs "Hit'Em Up" were the chorus saids " grab your glocks when you see tupac, call the cops when you see tupac"

The Desert Eagle .50 cal
https://img184.imageshack.us/img184/6373/uhcdesertspq9.jpg
The Desert Eagle is unusual in that it uses a gas-operated mechanism normally found in rifles, as opposed to the short recoil or blow-back designs most commonly seen in semi-automatic pistols. In fact, the rotating bolt and locking mechanism bear a strong resemblance to that of the M16 series of rifles. The advantage of the gas-operation is that it allows the use of far more powerful cartridges than traditional semi-automatic pistol designs, and it allows the Desert Eagle to compete in an area that had previously been dominated by magnum revolvers.

Due to, and in no small measure contributing to, its notoriety as a powerful firearm, the Desert Eagle has made frequent appearances in the action-adventure genres of books, movies, songs, TV shows, and video games.

Sources
Wikipedia, WorldGuns.ru
Trigger_Happy_92
Uses the TV missle too much
+394|6649
glock.

and dont say that the DE is the best because you play CS or because it fires big bullets.

the glock has proven itself in reliability, and its price. ive seen a guy with a 100 round double drum cartrige fire it off in a glock. try that with another pistol.

Last edited by Trigger_Happy_92 (2007-01-30 17:40:17)

tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6848|San Francisco

Say, that 1911 looks strangely familiar... *looks at Marconius*
Sneaky.Russian
Random Hero
+119|6321|Australia QLD
Should of put Glock18c instead of 17
but ye. people see desert eagle and go: ooh ooh, big bullet gun thing bang bang.
ye, and all you get is 7 bullets and a broken arm.
DK_Vision
Self-loathing narcissist.
+41|6370|QUT, GP.
Come on... If you're picking the DE, it's not because it's the greatest gun, it's because it looks tough and shoot big bullets. The M1911 is the way to go if you want something that isn't just a decoration or a compensation for a tiny cock.
Eugefunk84
+48|6534
in WW2, many german weapons were made by jews in camps and ghettos. as a result, the jewish population would make handguns to low tolerances, so that they would jam up in battle. it was a small version of rebellion
SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6821|Delaware
The Luger is a classic. That's why it's the best.
CaptainMike
It's just a flesh wound
+45|6645|Canada
Colt M1911 gets my vote, 2nd would be the luger.
Big McLargehuge
Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody
+259|6603|Philadelphia, PA
1911. Powerful and reliable.

Last edited by Big McLargehuge (2007-01-30 17:39:29)

Sneaky.Russian
Random Hero
+119|6321|Australia QLD
All hail M1911!
Big McLargehuge
Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody
+259|6603|Philadelphia, PA
Anyone that picks the Desert Eagle probably plays Counter-Strike.
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6596|Michigan, USA
1911, hand down.

In my opinion no other pistol can compare to that classic. Easily one of my favorite weapons, not just pistol.  It has shown its age compared to other pistols and new materials, but it still has the firepower and features to keep it up there with the glock and Desert Eagle.  That being said I do prefer the DE in CS

Last edited by r2zoo (2007-01-30 17:45:18)

Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6764|Dallas
Personally, i voted for the Peacemaker.  It really made popular the use of cartridges in revolving pistols, as before they were using alot of ball and bag type projectiles.  A common example of this would have been the Colt Navy revolver such as the one Wild Bill Hitchcock used.  Also, the revolver (the most popular being the Peacemaker) was the inspiration for the gattling gun which in turn paved the way for machine guns and later fully automatic rifles.
MrPredictable
+14|6686
1911 is definantly my choice, although the luger wouldn't  be a bad selection. The .50 DE is a stupid gun that is owned by posers and counter strike players.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6760|San Antonio, Texas
Colt .45. It's not heavy, not too much kick-back, and will usually stop a person with one shot.
11sog_raider
a gaurdian of life
+112|6459|behind my rifle
1911, too bad the 92 replaced it in the US military for standard sidearm
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6445|The Land of Scott Walker
Colt .45 - stopping power baby.
DK_Vision
Self-loathing narcissist.
+41|6370|QUT, GP.
And before I forget, the M1911 can blow apart a plywood tank.
https://img187.imageshack.us/img187/2938/1147278019455pg9.gif
Something most of the other guns simply can't do.

Last edited by DK_Vision (2007-01-30 17:59:15)

TigerXtrm
Death by Indecency
+51|6368|Netherlands

I say Desert Eagle because I'm not a weapons expert but it looks cool and it's damn powerfull because it can use more powerfull ammo...

Tiger
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6760|San Antonio, Texas

TigerXtrm wrote:

I say Desert Eagle because I'm not a weapons expert but it looks cool and it's damn powerful because it can use more powerful ammo...

Tiger
It's completely unreasonable to say it's the greatest pistol. Just because you can fire a .50 cal bullet from it doesn't make it good. It might be good for show but that's it, if you don't have hearing protection and you fire off a clip, not only are you not going to be able to hear for a week, your hands/arm are going to be sore...
Longbow
+163|6646|Odessa, Ukraine
1.Mk.23 mod.0 - .45 ACP + modern design + silencer
2.G18C - semi\full auto , able to carry 32 round magazines
3.Five-Seven - 5.7x28mm SS190 armor piercing bullets , capable to penetrate PAGST vest at 300 meters and standart CRISAT (kevlar + titanium) vest at 100 meters
4.H&K USP - 4.5x30mm ; almost the same as Five-Seven

no particular order , they all rock
[TFT]Hostage
Never fear, I is here
+11|6554
If you didn't vote for the 1911, guess what!? YOUR WRONG. I'm usually the guy who says to each is his own with opinions but this I can not. The 1911 was 1 of the first semi-automatic pistols ever. And like another guy said it wasn't replaced by the U.S. (most technologically advanced military power overall) until 1992. 81 god damn years unchanged. "But the DE is .50 cal!" It has 7 rounds and is combat ineffective, it is for collectors, show offs, or idiots. The luger was a very powerful gun, but like the M1 Garand vs. the Kar 98 in WW2 it wasn't as good as its American counter part (hey thats the 1911!). The glock is a fantastic and reliable weapon of modern times, but it is plastic. I am sorry, but if its a plastic good gun or a metal good gun I'll go with the metal. Now to the Peacemaker, amazing weapon, like the 1911 it was 1st of it's kind. It changed combat dramatically forever, so it is actually a tie. I would rather have at magazine loaded, semi-automatic, .45 caliber pistol over a single-action 6 shooter. They really can't be compared due to time and technology differences but that's what I would say.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6764|Dallas

[TFT]Hostage wrote:

The glock is a fantastic and reliable weapon of modern times, but it is plastic. I am sorry, but if its a plastic good gun or a metal good gun I'll go with the metal.
Actually the Glock 17 is 80% metal.  The outside is made from a polymer that is more durable and more resistant to "elements" than traditional steel and other weapon quality metals.  I have heard that later models of the glock have upwards of 85-90% metal parts, however this is hearsay and I currently have no sources on this.
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6518|USA

Cougar wrote:

[TFT]Hostage wrote:

The glock is a fantastic and reliable weapon of modern times, but it is plastic. I am sorry, but if its a plastic good gun or a metal good gun I'll go with the metal.
Actually the Glock 17 is 80% metal.  The outside is made from a polymer that is more durable and more resistant to "elements" than traditional steel and other weapon quality metals.  I have heard that later models of the glock have upwards of 85-90% metal parts, however this is hearsay and I currently have no sources on this.
PWNed
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6639|Montreal, Qc, Canada

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard