FragdaddyXL
+9|6303
Why cant BF2 make it so that after you spawn you wont be able to die until like 5 sec after spawn.  Games like Unreal Tournament have this.  Basically why cant you be invincible after you spawn for 5 seconds?  Spawnkilling tanks on Karkand would be hell of a lot less annoying too.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6392

Lol.  Spawn in a heli, jump out at base, hit ground without parachute (invincible), and gun the hell out of everybody in sight.  NO.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6624|Little Bentcock

some_random_panda wrote:

Lol.  Spawn in a heli, jump out at base, hit ground without parachute (invincible), and gun the hell out of everybody in sight.  NO.
OP That is a really bad idea, leave it the way it is, Panda sees my point.
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6625|Camp XRay

don't spawn were every one is. use common sense.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6528|Singapore
how about implement those only on flag spawn points and not on SL or whatever
cospengle
+140|6489|Armidale, NSW, Australia
lol i love it when whingers keep saying "STOP SPAWN CAMPING; I"M TELLING MY MUMMY ON YOU !!!"

Marlboroman82 wrote:

QFE

Last edited by cospengle (2007-01-26 01:12:00)

Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6696|The Ville

Marlboroman82 wrote:

some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6392

jkohlc wrote:

how about implement those only on flag spawn points and not on SL or whatever
Then no one would dare capture flags for fear of invincible 'flag spawn protectors'.
peyrac
+8|6361
you need only 2 seconds for safe spawn. so i agree with invisibility. spawnrapers are retarded. its not fun if you spawn and die 1 sec later. but hey, start playing infantry and your problem is solved. kind of.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6392

peyrac wrote:

you need only 2 seconds for safe spawn. so i agree with invisibility. spawnrapers are retarded. its not fun if you spawn and die 1 sec later. but hey, start playing infantry and your problem is solved. kind of.
He said invincibility, not invisibility.
psH
Banned
+217|6385|Sydney

peyrac wrote:

8U7 I 1I3K 73H 1337 V373R4N 4RMZ0R!!111!!!11!!!!ONE!!!!!1!
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6625|Camp XRay

peyrac wrote:

but hey, start playing infantry and your problem is solved. kind of.
yea that sounds like a good solution, lets see the majority of io servers are set to kark and jalabad. both of those maps set up the us for massive spawn rape if the team is full of nubs, and io is also a nade spammers paradise so your pretty much fucked there as well.

if you don't want to get spawn raped go play the sims or some bullshit game like that.

like i stated before use common sense. don't spawn where the majority of the teams are massed. also if you join a server and see that there a hundred tickets left on a 64 man server and the us is pinned to one base don't spawn in or switch to the other team.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6465|A W S M F O X
Exactly, i only spawn at hotel if its the start of the round, after that, welcome to tank time.

Thats when i fuck off to the hills and snipe.
FoShizzle
Howdah Lysozyme
+21|6629|Pittsburgh, PA

some_random_panda wrote:

peyrac wrote:

He said invincibility, not invisibility.
ROFL!  invisibility...invincibility....ahhh, whatever...LOL
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6690|"The Empire"
Give 5 seconds of invincibility, TK's for heli's and jets would be a million times worse!!!!
arson
+99|6638|New York

some_random_panda wrote:

you really spawn in a heli at Karkand alot.....
JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6338
there is some
as soon as i spawn i was blasted by a tank it did nothing to me
another time was i was putting c4 in arty island on the spawn points and this guy spawnd i hit he went flying in the air then came down and shot me no damage done to him i askedb
Slickfish
+24|6625
The spawn somewhere else idea is good unless its your last flag(if you have other flags I agree), yeah yeah yeah if you get one flag you deserver it etc etc etc blla blaa. what if your team suck big time, you alone can't turn it round, does that mean you should be hammered with the plebs in your team.
I bet half you camping supports would leave before it got to that point.

Cue the spelling nazi's!!PMSL.
~Solar~Fire~
+45|6649|Austin, TX
The only way I could see this working (spawning at a flag being both invisible and invincible for a few seconds) is if you're also unable to fire, otherwise the person spawning will have too much of an advantage.
Mad Ad
+178|6513|England, UK

some_random_panda wrote:

Urm no, it can work both ways if the invincible person can neither shoot nor be shot for the first few seconds.

That would satisfy your objection (even if what you say is a bit far fetched to do in 5 seconds).
Krysiss
+15|6476|NL

Mad Ad wrote:

some_random_panda wrote:

Urm no, it can work both ways if the invincible person can neither shoot nor be shot for the first few seconds.

That would satisfy your objection (even if what you say is a bit far fetched to do in 5 seconds).
it would satisfy me that people stop whining....
they whine because they can't handle it.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6491|Gogledd Cymru

Marlboroman82 wrote:

if you don't want to get spawn raped go play the sims or some bullshit game like that.
LMFAO
FragdaddyXL
+9|6303
Then how does Unreal Tournament survive.  I like the idea of the inability to die and shoot after spawn.  It would reduce the amount of Tking for Jets and stuff because your teammates won't be able to kill you.  They should also make it so that, when taking off in a jet, a noob can't run in front of you and get tked and then punish you, by making the planes like holograms to your teammates (you drive right thru them).  I don't see how this can go wrong, oh and by the way, I bet those people that called me a noob for whining about getting spawn killed by tanks are probably tank whores and can only feel good if they can use a tank, if they can't they will tk you for it.
oh well, just proves that you can't use a gun.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6623|Gold coast, Aus.

FragdaddyXL wrote:

, I bet those people that called me a noob for whining about getting spawn killed by tanks are probably tank whores and can only feel good if they can use a tank, if they can't they will tk you for it.
oh well, just proves that you can't use a gun.
I think your a whingy bitch arse noob. And i have 18% of kills OVERALL in vehicles

Maybe you need to be quicker when you spawn? I very rarely get killed on spawn, because the second i spawn i am jumping/sprinting away.

Last edited by gene_pool (2007-03-28 22:33:51)

masculata
+24|6678|45° 30',North by 73° 35',West

Marlboroman82 wrote:

I bet ya can't guess what FragdaddyXL's favorite vehicle is......... that's right, it's a tank lolz

Last edited by masculata (2007-03-29 00:23:27)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard