DaBombadier
+8|6425|Sooooo coooold....Canada....
How do the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan survive with all that kevlar,helmet, and other protective clothing on when thhey're in like 100 degrees F (40 degrees C) temperature?? Is it material or what?? This is mainly a question for former Marines but anyone else who might know can go ahead and answer.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6738|California

Who cares what they wear, they usually desert after being under fire anyways
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6547|Global Command

stryyker wrote:

Who cares what they wear, they usually desert after being under fire anyways
He was refering to Iraqi troops, and you took that to mean Iraqi soldiers. He meant U.S. troops in Iraq.

Training.

Most leatherneck rotate through 29 Palms near Joshua Tree. Hot as fuck 80 of the year in the sun.
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6496|Communist Republic of CA, USA
For me (Haven't gone to MCRD yet, but I've spent enough time around Marines I get to use their toys- like an M203 and the .50cal on an M1A2 )  in twentynine palms.  The problem was more weight than the heat for me.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6847|Grapevine, TX
As ATG noted, it starts at Boot Camp. Little things that distract you, like a fly or a mosquito buzzing around you, well we are trained to learn discipline. Those little things don't distract your focus and the mission at hand. It could save your buddies life, and your own. I almost forgot. Water, lots and lots of water. I can tell you water has saved my life more than one day. That starts at boot camp, too. Drinking lots and fast. Everything you do has a mission and intention. Where else you going to learn to slam a 12oz down so fast? The underlying hope of all the training is to ensure a few things, like Mission Accomplishment, and bringing your ass back home!
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6547|Global Command
I'm not military, ( for the record ) but hang out sometimes at Joshua Tree  in the winter time so I meet a lot of Marines, rock climbed with a few.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard