Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6739|St. Andrews / Oslo

Bf2142 just isn't my type of game. I just can't seem to have fun when playing it.

I am therefore resigning as a Delta Squad member. I had some good times, but meh, I got bored. I'll still be at the forums, and playing on the BF2 server etc, I'm just leaving the 2142 bit

Keep having fun, as I know you always do. And Dude, find a good maggot to fill my place, k?

~Jens
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
autopilot
banned
+115|6355

Goodie for you, I find it kinda boring too
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6750|Topside

oookey....
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6745|The Hague, Netherlands

autopilot wrote:

why would that be eh ?

sure padding to the top is boring, I agree,

anyway jens have fun with BF2 !
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6568|Southampton, UK

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

See you around
autopilot
banned
+115|6355

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

autopilot wrote:

why would that be eh ?

Just too many special seconds as I like to call them, I basically spend 0,5 seconds away from the server, and jump to a different spot or die while I'm "away".

All the guns sound the same, no difference at all.
The parachute is total shit, I mean not only is there a big hole in it, but you can't move anywhere with it.
I have lag.
I can't hit stuff due to special seconds
I can't fly due to special seconds
Can't fly enough with RDX
I have lag.
There are big things with feet that walk around doing nothing.
Everything is the same.

Just seems like a good mod, that is all...
naightknifar
Served and Out

autopilot wrote:

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

autopilot wrote:

why would that be eh ?

Just too many special seconds as I like to call them, I basically spend 0,5 seconds away from the server, and jump to a different spot or die while I'm "away".

The parachute is total shit, I mean not only is there a big hole in it, but you can't move anywhere with it.
I have lag.
I have lag.
Everything is the same.

I actually think i agree with you on most of that exactly the whole Just seems like a good mod, that is all... Line.

Last edited by Knightnifer (2007-01-24 12:38:09)

theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6758
O well jenspm, it was good to have you as a Delta member. You can still stay an honorary Delta member because we play BF2 still also.

see you on the BF2 battlefield!
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6487|Sheffield-England
I played the demo but didnt buy the game... Just another lame attempt by EA trying to get my money
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6553
2142 is ok but jets and helis alone make bf2 better(more fun).
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Volatile
+252|6712|Sextupling in Empire

I'm glad that not everyone feels compelled to start threads about their dislike of a certain game.
naightknifar
Served and Out

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

I'm glad that not everyone feels compelled to start threads about their dislike of a certain game.
If you mean tha by sarcasm, this was posted in the BF2S:EU2142 section. It has nothing to concern anyone (unless the feel the need to involve themselves positively.) out of the EU section.
So please - it does not concern you and if you don't have anything positive to say/contribute. Don't post at all.
autopilot
banned
+115|6355

Knightnifer wrote:

autopilot wrote:

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

why would that be eh ?

I have lag.
I have lag.
Everything is the same.

I actually think i agree with you on most of that exactly the whole Just seems like a good mod, that is all... Line.
What I meant about it is that since it is based upon the same engine I see alot of the same bugs as in BF2, bugs that would probably could or do exist in BF2 mods. Altough titan is a new mode, just way too laggy.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6476

Blah, to tell you the truth... BF2 has got me again. I can't see how I even spent those 150+ hours(not sure how much) on this game. I find playing BF2 a lot more refreshing, more fun and more addictive. I guess the unlocks did it. Oh well I haven't played for while and doubt that I'll be playing much anyways.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
naightknifar
Served and Out

NooBesT[FiN] wrote:

Blah, to tell you the truth... BF2 has got me again. I can't see how I even spent those 150+ hours(not sure how much) on this game. I find playing BF2 a lot more refreshing, more fun and more addictive. I guess the unlocks did it. Oh well I haven't played for while and doubt that I'll be playing much anyways.
Yeah going back to BF2 for a bit has been amazing. I can't think of a reason to go bc to 2142 but i will.
Downloading AIRMAPS mod atm then going to DL ProjectReality. Both for BF2 (obviously).

But i will Try to stick with 2142.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers

I'm not getting back to BF2 thats for sure,

2142 may have the same engine but if some game has even more bugs then 2142 then its BF2
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6476

It's not about the bugs... It's about the gameplay and fun.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6735|Germany

muharhar, I was damn right that 2142 will not replace BF2
autopilot
banned
+115|6355

Just very shitty to say the least, having to unlock grenades.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers

Mike<Eagle23> wrote:

muharhar, I was damn right that 2142 will not replace BF2
maybe not for all, but 100% for me,

played BF2 again a few days ago, was done after 2 rounds.... says all
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6487|Somewhere else

NooBesT[FiN] wrote:

It's not about the bugs... It's about the gameplay and fun.
I agree.  While everyone has thier complaints about both 2142 or 2, its all about fun factor, and to me 2142 doesn't have it over BF2.   2142 just seems bland to me, and doesn't offer anything over BF2 when you compare the two.  IF there was no BF2, and only 2142, I'd be raping the shit out of 2142.
Hallvard
+262|6530|North Norway

I'm not going back to bf2
after playing 2142 I just can't play that game!
but unfortiunatly I'm so adicted to LOTRO that I don't play much 2142 either >.<
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6789

truth be told, 2142 is a bf2 mod.  they improved certain things but there's not enough there to keep you going as much as you did with bf2. 

hope some new kick ass game comes out cause i don't feel like going back to bf2 (tank whoring day are over) but 2142 isn't gonna keep my interest much longer.

i love LOTR...though those mmorpg are very dangerous...you can waste away years of your life without even noticing it!  five hours in a mmorpg feels like one hour in bf2 or 2142...
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6758
BF2 is good, 2142 is slightly more improved than BF2, but they are both fun games.

One problem though that I have going back to BF2 is this.

YOU CANT HAVE SPACEBAR AS JUMP AND PARACHUTE!

also BF2 is crap at loading, more ping issues, more lag issues, more server crash issues, and various other things that will just annoy me more now because 2142 is free'er of these bugs.
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6764|Hell, p.o box 666

Have fun Jensi... and also Autopilot...

Played some BF2 with H² the other day, and I must admint, altough I got a gold star and a nice K/D, it wasnt too funny, anymore.

So if those 2142 days are over, well, I wont go back to BF2 (I guess), rather to some new games.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard