DaBombadier
+8|6406|Sooooo coooold....Canada....
Hi everyone, I recently read about the upcoming expansion (I think I speak for everyone when I say "EA you goddamn ripoff artists why didn't you make it a fu****ng free patch?") for BF2142 called Northern Strike and they said that there will be 10 awards that give you credits to unlock either normal unlocks or the Northern Strike unlocks....the new Northern Strike items are at the top of each unlocks tree. Does anyone know what they're gonna be? And if not what do you think it's gonna be?

Last edited by DaBombadier (2007-02-08 18:39:25)

iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6545
More pistol bullets!
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6808|Marathon, Florida Keys
Unlocks are going to be:

1.Glitches
2.Glitches
3.Glitches
4.Glitches
5.Glitches
6.Glitches
7.Glitches
8.Glitches
9.Glitches
10.Glitches

And its going to be like euroforce and armored fury, everyone will play it for 3/4 weeks or less then never touch it again.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
viper313
One Shot, One Kill
+53|6640|Minnesota
Basically your just going to pay for the unlocks..  Sad but true.
GR34
+215|6544|ALBERTA> CANADA
i hope there is a gun that shoots through wall like or restance fall of man wow i can c it now people calling me a haxor b/c i got pules meter and wall hax gun. or some cinda active camo that lets u blen into ypur enviorment or an shot gun attach ment 4 your clark that would be sweet

Last edited by GR34 (2007-01-20 12:38:56)

.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6808|Marathon, Florida Keys

GR34 wrote:

i hope there is a gun that shoots through wall like or restance fall of man wow i can c it now people calling me a haxor b/c i got pules meter and wall hax gun. or some cinda active camo that lets u blen into ypur enviorment or an shot gun attach ment 4 your clark that would be sweet
I dont think you passed your 2nd grade reading class, am i right?
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6499|so randum

GR34 wrote:

A shotgun attachment for clark? Im sorry, but its already a shotgun. Active camo that blends you into the locale, yeh we have that too. Sorry
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Mafia47
+27|6739|Chicago
i hope theres a nuke unlock
Inspect@hDeck
+23|6424|Browntown
Brig. Generals. Get all 10 unlocks as soon as they reigster the game, correct?

if so, that is pretty much the sweetest thing ever.
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6533|Valhalla

Inspect@hDeck wrote:

If they do awsome as i just made general
Dressed In Decay
+14|6536
Someone said that the 10 awards that are in the expansion are linked with the unlocks. 1 award gives one unlock.
samfink
+31|6554
likely unlocks : 1. c-8, more powerful than the old c-7, c-8 has more explosives in it, at the expense of being a lot larger, and needign reinfoced armour to carry. (i.e. you have to be wearing heavy armour, and the RDX is easy as hell t see. say, larger than the soldier?)
2. zellar-HA- simialr to the Zellar-H sniper rifle, the Zellar-HA is a more advanced version that has improvements llwing a alrgr clipand incorporating an IT-33 active camo machanism for added caqmoflage.
3. IT-34 active camo- an improvement on the IT-33 active camo system, the IT-34 atcive camo cannot be detected by the netbat system of enemy soldeirs, and has been miniturised,allowing it to be used in cfonjunction with a weapon. automatically upgrades the Zellar-HA's active camo.

you get the idea. small tinderign with existing unlocks,a dn callign them new unlocks, wiht similar names.
Smoke_Deez
+8|6385

Dressed In Decay wrote:

Someone said that the 10 awards that are in the expansion are linked with the unlocks. 1 award gives one unlock.
That would be bullshit if true, I hope it isn't.
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6533|Valhalla

samfink wrote:

likely unlocks : 1. c-8, more powerful than the old c-7, c-8 has more explosives in it, at the expense of being a lot larger, and needign reinfoced armour to carry. (i.e. you have to be wearing heavy armour, and the RDX is easy as hell t see. say, larger than the soldier?)
2. zellar-HA- simialr to the Zellar-H sniper rifle, the Zellar-HA is a more advanced version that has improvements llwing a alrgr clipand incorporating an IT-33 active camo machanism for added caqmoflage.
3. IT-34 active camo- an improvement on the IT-33 active camo system, the IT-34 atcive camo cannot be detected by the netbat system of enemy soldeirs, and has been miniturised,allowing it to be used in cfonjunction with a weapon. automatically upgrades the Zellar-HA's active camo.

you get the idea. small tinderign with existing unlocks,a dn callign them new unlocks, wiht similar names.
spell check is not your friend
Dressed In Decay
+14|6536
It was posted here. http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=61173&p=4 And here's the official news of it. http://www.battlefield.ea.com/battlefie … 907_2.aspx

Last edited by Dressed In Decay (2007-01-20 14:00:02)

Tetn1s
+59|6641|Los Angeles
I dont know the other 9. But heres one I found.

The porto toilet!
https://img292.imageshack.us/img292/2475/ss2712xi.gif

Right when the expansion pack comes out, a new patch will come out. This patch includes "soldier bladder".  Bathrooms will be located around the whole battlefield(even inside the titan).  Once a soldiers bladder fills up, they will need to run the bathroom for some privacy(or the occasianal gay stuff).  But not anymore! This portable toilet will help you.Stuck somewhere in the battlefield with no toilet? Then use the portable toilet!

Product includes:
Trashable bags
Butt wipe
but it does not come with a sink.

Last edited by Ned_Z (2007-01-20 14:03:35)

samfink
+31|6554

loonitic wrote:

samfink wrote:

spell check is not your friend
ok, so i soemtimes have minor spelluigne rrors, you can read it right? at least it's not netspeak.
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6694|UK

loonitic wrote:

Inspect@hDeck wrote:

If they do awsome as i just made general
No.

http://www.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield/bf/BF2142_News_011907_2.aspx wrote:

5) There are ten new unlocks and also increased persistence in the booster pack. Could you give us some hints on what the new unlocks might be, and also how the increased persistence will work?

Rather than earning new unlocks by climbing through the ranks, the booster pack will add 10 new badges which when received will award the player with one unlock credit each. This unlock credit can be used to unlock a standard unlock item or, if you're on top of the unlock branch, a Northern Strike unlock. The Northern Strike unlocks will be available through Field Upgrade for all users who maxed out one or more unlock trees, but only players entitled to Northern Strike can unlock them permanently. A lot of energy has been put into making the unlocks a fun and challenging experience both for the ones carrying them and for the ones not.
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6694|UK

Smoke_Deez wrote:

Dressed In Decay wrote:

Its true and a very good idea cus amazing ppl like me, would get all 10 unlocks straight away which would be pointless
Jo Barf Creepy
+27|6558

Samtheman53 wrote:

Smoke_Deez wrote:

Dressed In Decay wrote:

Its true and a very good idea cus amazing ppl like me, would get all 10 unlocks straight away which would be pointless
*Coughs* BF2 : Special Forces *Coughs*
Knochenmann_AUT
+1|6725
I think:

10 unlocks, that are:
2 for each class, 1 general unlock and one squad unlock.

The general unlock may be a better pistol. The squadunlock... no idea.

Sniper unlocks: We already got 3 sniper riles and 1 carbie. I bet one unlock will be a short range gun or a half auto sniper rifel. The gadget... a hologramm or dummy or something would be nice.

Assault unlock: No idea. Maybe a full auto shotgun like the jackhammer in BF2? The gadget: Assault needs to be more deadly against stationary targets, like the defenders in the titan. A attachment to fire arround corners?

Pioner.... gun.... no idea. Gadget... I think the most people wound be happy with more ammo. An additional ammo pack?

Support... gun... a grandelauncher! Gadget: a cooling device for te MGs.
-MP-Nuke1266
+20|6714

Knochenmann_AUT wrote:

Assault unlock: No idea. Maybe a full auto shotgun like the jackhammer in BF2? The gadget: Assault needs to be more deadly against stationary targets, like the defenders in the titan. A attachment to fire arround corners?
whatWHAT! How about no? The assault class already has a pseudo-auto (as in, you can fire it really fast semi auto) shotgun unlock, it's called the herzog. A jackhammer for assault would be extremely broken. Extremely.
Slickdawg8
Visit TAW.NET
+58|6777|Long Island
I cna't wait for it, seems like its gonna be a lot of fun.  An unlock that would be nice would be a button that you hold down (like the it33) and you can walk over apm mines.

off topic, but i think one of the EA tips are "if you crouch or go prone, you are invulnerable to apm mines".  I tried it and it doesn't work lol
Dressed In Decay
+14|6536
Everytime I prone by an apm mine it works..
autopilot
banned
+115|6347

Going to be 10 reskinned AWP's which can be used in normal gameplay thus forcing everyone to buy it. They will be nerfed one month later killing the Northen Strike.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard