zeidmaan
+234|6416|Vienna

Zukabazuka wrote:

zeidmaan wrote:

thers a official thread for it already.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=61173

But its a sticky... and no one ever reads stickys
Dude did you just know you posted in the same link as the one you posted?
LOL I posted it in another topic but they were merged together.
Loook at the timestamps for posts 39 and 40 and you will see
you had me worried for a sec
Master*
Banned
+416|6496|United States
zeidmaan
+234|6416|Vienna

Woot wicked trailer. I can already see myself whoring the bejeesus out of that hover FAV thing.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6738

I quoted the original post as #1 topic.
Now stop bitching about the previous deletion of that topic.
Any OFFTOPIC chatter will be rewarded.
kptk92
u
+972|6409|tc_london
Lol wtf I've just come on and I didnt know my thread was merged ...
Just seen the trailer ... Fucking AWSOME!!

'To Be Continued...'?!

What a Rip-Off!! I've waited a while to watch this and its gonna continue on another day!!
EA/DICE sure like to keep us waiting ...

Edit - And have you noticed the EU wearing white and grey camo?! The PAC look to have changed their look for this Booster!!! They're white too it seems ... but whos gonna take out them little buggers (I'm talking about the new PAC hover vehicle)??! They look so agile and small!!
Another (Quick) Edit - The music reminds me of BF2: Modern Combat (PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360 etc.)

Last edited by kptk92 (2007-01-19 08:08:28)

danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6716|Germany

Bernadictus wrote:

Well done champ. But you shouldn't have deleted our posts.
If you can't take criticism and stand your man, don't be a mod.
It just looks like covering your tracks against further criticism.
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6744|Topside

Bernadictus wrote:

Wow that was very nobel off you.
kptk92
u
+972|6409|tc_london
Just seen this on GameSpy:

GameSpy wrote:

Update: Press release is now posted. Release date is set for March 2007. Also included are some new screenshots that can be viewed here.

Redwood City, Calif. – January 19, 2007 – The battle for survival wages on! Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced that Battlefield 2142: Northern Strike* is currently in development for the PC. The booster pack is being developed at EA Digital Illusions (DICE) studio in Stockholm, Sweden and is slated for release in March 2007.

Battlefield 2142: Northern Strike drops gamers deep into a desperate conflict for control of Earth’s last scraps of inhabitable land following the onset of a cataclysmic new ice age. The Pan-Asian Coalition (PAC) has secretly moved into mainland Europe, using abandoned urban areas to establish new strongholds in a last-ditch push for superiority. The European Union must quickly mobilize north to dislodge PAC forces from a series of urban strongholds and regain the upper hand.

Battlefield 2142: Northern Strike features three new maps, including the infamous WWII battle scene at the Bridge at Remagen, an Alpine Titan docking harbour in Port Bavaria and a claustrophobic showdown in the Liberation of Leipzig. The booster pack also features new vehicles including the EU’s heavily armed IFV Goliath and the PAC’s hovering light IFV Hachimoto in addition to new unlocks, new badges and ribbons, new gameplay and more.
“Our number one goal with Battlefield 2142: Northern Strike was to give fans more of the close-quarters combat, increased persistence and new toys they’ve been asking for,” said Kristoffer Bergqvist, the booster pack’s producer. “We’ve also added gameplay enhancements including two brand new vehicle types in an asymmetrical set-up. Furthermore, we’re introducing the Titan game mode available into an urban setting and will debut the intensified Conquest Assault Lines game mode.”
For more information about Battlefield, please visit the EA press Web site at www.electronicarts.co.uk/press , or the official Battlefield homepage at http://battlefield.ea.com
So a release is in 2 months ...

Edit - Wow, a claustrophobic map ... expect Orbital Strikes to strike a big area then if the map is small!

Last edited by kptk92 (2007-01-19 11:10:03)

ShellShock.PwN
+31|6788|Barrie Ontario
o please god let one of the new unlocks be a better sniper rifle
kptk92
u
+972|6409|tc_london

ShellShock.PwN wrote:

Ten new unlocks, this is how it is (probably) gonna be set out:

- 2 Recon unlocks
- 2 Assault unlocks
- 2 Engineer unlocks
- 2 Support unlocks
- 1 Player Ability unlock
- 1 Squad Leader unlock

Away from that, I get a new Dell comp next week with a Dell Graphics Card ... will I still be able to play 2142 or will I need to put my old NVIDIA one back in?
My new GC is probably a ATI (cant remember next name, begins with 'R' though) X1300
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

bmb|danCer wrote:

Bernadictus wrote:

Well done champ. But you shouldn't have deleted our posts.
If you can't take criticism and stand your man, don't be a mod.
It just looks like covering your tracks against further criticism.
Don't worry danCer, i have it all on tape should anyone wish to read the deleted posts !
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6389|New York

kptk92 wrote:

ShellShock.PwN wrote:

- 2 Recon unlocks
- 2 Assault unlocks
- 2 Engineer unlocks
- 2 Support unlocks
- 1 Squad Leader unlock

Away from that, I get a new Dell comp next week with a Dell Graphics Card ... will I still be able to play 2142 or will I need to put my old NVIDIA one back in?
My new GC is probably a ATI (cant remember next name, begins with 'R' though) X1300
i suspect the unlocks will be just like that. if you ordered a separate video card (not onboard) from dell when you bought the computer, you should probably be fine. if it's an onboard video card, you'll need to put your old one in.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
JovesApples
+4|6454|USA

kptk92 wrote:

- 2 Recon unlocks
- 2 Assault unlocks
- 2 Engineer unlocks
- 2 Support unlocks
- 1 Squad Leader unlock
yea, this is what i said in the thread numbnuts deleted, so i agree...

plus,

i asked if the bridge map was from 1942,

and pointed out that it looks like one of the maps for Titan mode is not only a city map but a nighttime map as well.

what kind of noob would delete a thread to make a sticky?

just make yer sticky and get on with it
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6763|Internet!
The Northern Strike unlocks will be available through Field Upgrade for all users who maxed out one or more unlock trees, but only players entitled to Northern Strike can unlock them permanently.
Anyone else see this? Sounds like regular ol' 2142 players are getting some extra toys with the booster pack too...

Good choice, EA.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6738

jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6527|Singapore
maybe the unlocks will work like this...

im taking the assault tree as an example...

Weapon Unlock #2
Baur H-AR
PK-74 AR Rockets
Helmet
Herzog Shotgun
Pvt.Kosak
+125|6587
Thx For Reporting That.
D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6818|Belgium
Yay!! I found out how the Unlocks work!!!

They also have 10 new Badges, and for each Badge you receive, you will receive the unlock that goes with it!

See;
5) There are ten new unlocks and also increased persistence in the booster pack. Could you give us some hints on what the new unlocks might be, and also how the increased persistence will work?

Rather than earning new unlocks by climbing through the ranks, the booster pack will add 10 new badges which when received will award the player with one unlock credit each. This unlock credit can be used to unlock a standard unlock item or, if you're on top of the unlock branch, a Northern Strike unlock. The Northern Strike unlocks will be available through Field Upgrade for all users who maxed out one or more unlock trees, but only players entitled to Northern Strike can unlock them permanently. A lot of energy has been put into making the unlocks a fun and challenging experience both for the ones carrying them and for the ones not.
Source; http://www.battlefield.ea.com/battlefie … 907_2.aspx

And I think the new snow-suits are awesome!
https://www.bf2142benelux.com/~nieuws/139/1.jpg

Last edited by D34TH_D34L3R (2007-01-20 02:37:35)

SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6488|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
Woot!!! Another thing I have to buy from EA, FUCK THEM!!!!!! These fuck are just wanting more money from us, I paid $49.99 US for this game, you better give me this shit for free. Don't try and fuck us like AF and EF for BF2 you  dicks!!!!

Edit: Oh wow, new badges and unlocks!!!! I tell you what a new badge is worth at least $20 and NEW UNLOCKS.... Thats at least another $20-30US dollars!! EA and Dice are a bunch of money grubbing assholes!!
I am a Mortgage Broker and at least I let my customers KNOW I am going to charge the shit out of them before they commit!!!!!!

Last edited by SgtHeihn (2007-01-20 02:44:18)

SgtHeihn
Should have ducked

Kanil wrote:

The Northern Strike unlocks will be available through Field Upgrade for all users who maxed out one or more unlock trees, but only players entitled to Northern Strike can unlock them permanently.
Anyone else see this? Sounds like regular ol' 2142 players are getting some extra toys with the booster pack too...

Good choice, EA.
IE they HAVE TO BUY NORTHREN STRIKE to gain this shit perm!!!!!
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6763|Internet!
And? Atleast you can get it via field upgrades... y'know, those things you have too many of if you join a decent squad?

They could do it like they did in BF2/SF. In which case, your vanilla player would get nothing. Atleast now you're getting free shit, and it isn't even that complex or unreasonable...

Sheesh, people can bitch about anything.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6624|Little Bentcock
all the unlocks you will get through recieveing awards..sheesh
SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6650|Hong Kong

SgtHeihn wrote:

Woot!!! Another thing I have to buy from EA, FUCK THEM!!!!!! These fuck are just wanting more money from us, I paid $49.99 US for this game, you better give me this shit for free. Don't try and fuck us like AF and EF for BF2 you  dicks!!!!

Edit: Oh wow, new badges and unlocks!!!! I tell you what a new badge is worth at least $20 and NEW UNLOCKS.... Thats at least another $20-30US dollars!! EA and Dice are a bunch of money grubbing assholes!!
I am a Mortgage Broker and at least I let my customers KNOW I am going to charge the shit out of them before they commit!!!!!!
Please remind me again. WHY are you in these forums?
chaosdragon001
Whee
+53|6510|Los Angeles, California
https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/lone_wolf_xp/screen001-1.png

IFV speeder.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked

SmilingBuddha wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

Please remind me again. WHY are you in these forums?
Because I made the mistake of buying 2142, played for a couple of days and went back to BF2, and hearing all these guys getting giddy about a booster pack, makes me laugh

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard