D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6815|Belgium
1) I'm only buying it if it 'll be in the stores (I hope so)
2) How much is this thingy going to cost?
3) As Masterstyle said; I'm Brig. Gen., so will I just simply receive these unlocks?
4) Will these unlocks be useable in the normal BF2142 Maps ( Camp Gib., Tunis Harb., .. ) ?
5) I fear the Golliath will become the same whoring object as the Walkers/APCs are in the City Maps like Camp Gib., Tunis Harb., Fall of Ber., ...
6) And the thingy magicly heals nearby soldiers.. Does that mean that the driver gets points for that? If so; there's going to be some major whoring..
7) Won't Titan Mode + City Map = Huge Lag ?

Looking forward to more info + screenshots etc.

Last edited by D34TH_D34L3R (2007-01-18 08:29:16)

zeidmaan
+234|6413|Vienna

D34TH_D34L3R wrote:

6) And the thingy magicly heals nearby soldiers.. Does that mean that the driver gets points for that? If so; there's going to be some major whoring..
Apperently It is going to be able to transport personel, so anyone in it as assault or support will heal/resupply people next to it. Like normal APC
Bernadictus
+1,055|6735

D34TH_D34L3R wrote:

3) As Masterstyle said; I'm Brig. Gen., so will I just simply receive these unlocks?
4) Will these unlocks be useable in the normal BF2142 Maps ( Camp Gib., Tunis Harb., .. ) ?
5) I fear the Golliath will become the same whoring object as the Walkers/APCs are in the City Maps like Camp Gib., Tunis Harb., Fall of Ber., ...

1) I hope so too.
2) Let hope around 10$
3) I think so, just like Special Forces
4) Yes, check planetbattlefield.com for more info
5) Slow moving > thus engineers make a better chance/rdxing
6) Dunno about that
7) Titan + City = Pwn! Although I read one of the maps is a titan docking bay
D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6815|Belgium

Bernadictus wrote:

D34TH_D34L3R wrote:

1) I hope so too.
2) Let hope around 10$
3) I think so, just like Special Forces
4) Yes, check planetbattlefield.com for more info
5) Slow moving > thus engineers make a better chance/rdxing
6) Dunno about that
7) Titan + City = Pwn! Although I read one of the maps is a titan docking bay
Cewl, thx, that clears up almost every question that came to mind!
tino275
+14|6611
They should give it out free to make up for not making the game right to begin with. I hate having to patch and repatch. and all the glitches still.
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6714|Germany
What and attention whore u are Bernadicktus!

Deleting other people's post that were truely the finder of those news and brought them to the forum and then claming to be the reporter of these news.

At least grow some balls and give them credit.

Varegg already posted about that and you deleted his post aswell!
Bernadictus
+1,055|6735

bmb|danCer wrote:

What and attention whore u are Bernadicktus!

Deleting other people's post that were truely the finder of those news and brought them to the forum and then claming to be the reporter of these news.

At least grow some balls and give them credit.

Varegg already posted about that and you deleted his post aswell!
Claimed what ? I claim nothing ffs. I made an official topic. I found that image on Planetbattlefield.com, any idiot could have posted that. And why the fuck are you crying about this? What is the use?
Frotz
+15|6528|Sweden
Found this pretty funny to read...
http://digitalbattle.com/2006/10/22/bat … announced/

I hope the booster actually gets boxed as well as sold over the EA Link (worst piece of dysfunctional crap I have ever seen)

My biggest concern for this booster pack is the unlocks though, I would prefer to see new stuff in that department, to some extent, preferably not a tier of ZOMG-must-have-unlocks. I simply have some fears for new unlocks. For example, if the new ability unlock is some kind of either universal accuracy increaser or reload-time decreaser which will result in most people without the booster pack will be raped around. And that'll be bad.

EA, I don't pray to you much, Almighty company, but please, for the sake of gaming, don't fubar (it's not gonna happen you know). I'll make sure to donate another 10€ for your threatened survival, since no other company can come close to making such great games, quality-wise.

Last edited by Frotz (2007-01-18 13:34:36)

Kratos Aurion
+36|6641|Sweden
This was posted on the Swedish BF2142 community, by a DICE employee.

[DICE]CrazyCow :
Tjena. Jag heter Kristoffer och jag är producent på Battlefield 2142: Northern Strike, ett boosterpack utvecklat här i Stockholm och som utannonseras idag. I morgon kommer vi att släppa mer komplett information, med en riktig pressrelease och en trailer som, utan att blåsa upp förväntningarna för mycket, är en av Rolles fartigaste så här långt. Tanken med Northern Strike är att utöka striderna till de övergivna, snötäckta städerna och industriområdena i centrala Europa. Tre nya banor kan vi njuta av, och det ingår både Titanmode och Conquest. Conquest har vi dessutom tweakat lite för att ge en mer intensiv känsla av storskalig anfallsstrid.
Som ni sett på våra in-game billboards så får ni även nya fordonstyper, mer om dem senare. På unlocks-sidan så kommer det 10 stycken nya, upplåsbara även genom Field Upgrade.

Mer information om öppen beta-testning kommer på BF-portalen inom kort!

Translation

Hi, my name is Kristoffer and I'm the producer of Battlefield 2142: Northern Strike, a boosterpack  developed here in Stockholm and it's been announced today. Tomorrow we're going to release more complete information, with a real press release, and a trailer which, without getting the expectations to high, is one of "Rolles" most intensive yet. We want to take the battles to the abanded, snowcovered city's and industry's in central Europe. We can enjoy three new maps and there will be both titan and conquest. We have also tweaked conquest a bit to give a more intense feeling of a large-scale assault.

As you have seen in our in-game billboards you will also get new vehicles, more about them later. There will be ten new unlocks, they will also be available through field upgrades.

More information about open beta-testing will be on the BF-portal shortly.

That's all. Trailer tomorrow.

And sorry if the translation sucks, it's late and I'm tired, well I did my best ^^
btw, I posted a thread about this booster yesterday, but it seems to be deleted

Last edited by Kratos Aurion (2007-01-18 14:16:48)

RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6404|NSW, Australia

i think there might be new ranks.

man i dunno if im gonna get it if its not in stores.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6525|Singapore
post the link on the first post please because im lazy.
kptk92
u
+972|6407|tc_london

EA wrote:

Today we would like to announce to all our players the coming release of the Battlefield 2142 Northern Strike booster pack! There is a press release going out tomorrow, along with a trailer showing the action in one of the new maps. This addition to the Battlefield universe contains new content to expand the war for the survival deep into the frigid wastelands of Europe. With three new maps players will be challenged to engage in Titan and Conquest game play to secure victory for their team. Both sides have brought forward new vehicles to aid their forces along with 10 new unlocks available to soldiers through both standard and field unlock systems. We also wanted to inform players that we will be working with Combat Studios Testing to host a closed beta in the near future.

Watch this space for information on how to join the beta.
Its been predicted for ages, but EA have finally conceded!!
W00t 2142: NS is coming!!!

Edit - Just a quick topic to tell you, havent seen this bit posted as EA have only uploaded it to the BF website
Edit - This was a thread yesterday, but its been moved to the Official one >.<

Last edited by kptk92 (2007-01-19 07:33:19)

SuperSlowYo
slow as you go
+124|6558|Canaduhhh.. West Toast
lots of people seem to complain about subscription games... EA seems just as bad to me.. ever few months they release a booster pack and charge for it.. not much a difference IMO... pay to play, consumerism ftw
Volatile
+252|6703|Sextupling in Empire

]

EA wrote:

....along with 10 new unlocks available to soldiers through both standard and field unlock systems.
Does that mean we can use the unlocks in vanilla 2142?
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6566

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

]

EA wrote:

....along with 10 new unlocks available to soldiers through both standard and field unlock systems.
Does that mean we can use the unlocks in vanilla 2142?
You quoted the wrong sentence, but yes - the new unlocks and ranks will even apply for Vanilla 2142.
Brasso
+1,549|6629

3 new maps?  It better be $10 like AF and EF.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Master*
Banned
+416|6493|United States
I need to know if this is gonna be sold in stores or not.
kptk92
u
+972|6407|tc_london
Yeh I've asked that in the main thread on the EA.com Forums.
No answer yet, gah.
Magius5.0
+106|6380|UMass Amherst
Dood!  We already knew it was on the way, we all saw the warning signs...and that slip-up the other day.  And yeah, if they keep to normal traditions, it will be ten bucks--which I think is kind of fair for me.  Not so for people without credit cards, but they do have those various gift cards--maybe EA should start offering them in stores or something, get a wider fanbase of their online distribution.
Fearmesnipers
+41|6444|Wales
w00t more money given to EA for a shit Mod of a good game. fuckin ridiculous people even the shitter
zeidmaan
+234|6413|Vienna

thers a official thread for it already.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=61173

But its a sticky... and no one ever reads stickys
kptk92
u
+972|6407|tc_london
I know theres a sticky, but this has just been announced on the EA website Officially.

Cant wait for screenies and a trailer tomorrow, ITS GONNA ROCK!!
Brasso
+1,549|6629

zeidmaan wrote:

thers a official thread for it already.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=61173

But its a sticky... and no one ever reads stickys
Yeah, but no one cares about what Bernadicktus writes.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6467
Well I will pay $10 bucks for 3 new maps, ten new unlock-a-BALLZ and new vehicles. I mean AF and EF didn't add anything to vinillia bf2 but this NS pack will.
Nintendogamer
+72|6586|Chelmsford, UK
its gonna be good, bf2142 is starting to get a bit boring

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard