Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6706|67.222.138.85
How would you feel about EA granting the ability to every class to don one use 5 second claymore armor? I think it would greatly reduce spamming, as most of the time you know you are probably about to hit a claymore  but can't do much about it, but snipers defending themselves with well-placed claymores would still probably be very effective.

Too bad EA will never do it.
sporadicfire
+6|6310|a shallow grave in karkand
In having a "5 second claymore armor" just render them uttlery useless? 

Thus no one would use clays anymore.
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6648|Norway
I think the solution is running a script on servers that instantly kicks players who get flag defends from clays.

sporadicfire wrote:

In having a "5 second claymore armor" just render them uttlery useless? 

Thus no one would use clays anymore.
And this is a bad thing?

Edit: oh, 13% kills with clays, never mind...

Edit2: No, learn to play, you`re pathetic

Last edited by Fredrik (2007-01-17 19:07:12)

SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6658|The darkside of Denver
A five second claymore armor would just detract more from the game as far as a sense of realism. Clays aren't that much of a nuisance just be more careful.
Volatile
+252|6703|Sextupling in Empire

The nerf wars continue......
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6364|California
I say we nerf everything and make our guns shoot bubbles and armor made out of paper to block the bubbles.
sporadicfire
Hey if the weapon is available then use it. 

plus i like clays they make me smile, but sometimes it hurts my soul because they are so effective.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6658|The darkside of Denver

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

I say we nerf everything and make our guns shoot bubbles and armor made out of paper to block the bubbles.
Ha! Thats funny, i agree though. This nerfing needs to fucking stop. The game is not perfect and never will be. So for the love of Christ just have some fun and shut up. BTW sporadic fire i love your sig.
smtt686
this is the best we can do?
+95|6630|USA
I will stop using clays when everyone stops using bullets
Snipingruven
The Anti-Sniper
+12|6535|Las Vegas
Aww Cmon, get a real gun..... don't hide and piss clays at the site of real men with real guns
sporadicfire
Some people don't like certain aspects of the game, claymores and claywhores are a part of the beautiful but sometimes cruel game called BF2. 

thanks Sonder and Superior mind i like your sigs too but don't have karma to express it.
Flaming_Maniac
I'm not against claymores, and I don't want them nerfed, but I think a change of game play needs to happen. When you're about to get to a flag, you look straight ahead and see a claymore, and know there isn't shit you can do about it but take the clay and hope to god your team mates will revive you or at least cap the flag. I have been in more than one game where claymores completely ruined a game of say sharqi, where the tv station is the last point and is being throughly defended from every avenue of attack by 3 snipers and 1 support.

Claymores would still be effective if placed well because you couldn't use the ability every time you walk through a doorway, but if you see an obvious claymore it could be avoided. Use them as they are intended, no problem. Spam them, they become useless.

LOL @ detracting from realism. I could go throughout the game at this point and point out ever inconsistency with real life, but I'll stick to the fact that it's a GAME and on claymores. A claymore's explosion doesn't know the difference between friend and foe, they aren't self detonating, and if they are a trip wire has to be set up. Now I agree with the current game play mechanics, but don't say it's a bad idea quoting realism, that's bullshit.

There is no problem with discussing game play changes now because EA will never make another patch.

The problem is there is no way to deal with them short of suicide, only being able to take them out with a wrench is ridiculous. Honestly I think they should be taken out by nades again, but that makes them even easier to deal with.
BabySpinach
Phone Spammer
+207|6590|Charlottesville, Virginia, USA

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

Claymores were UN-Nerfed.  They used to be fine when you could blow them up with nades.
sporadicfire
Claymores were UN-Nerfed.  They used to be fine when you could blow them up with nades.
why was this changed?
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6402|Alberta, Canada

sporadicfire wrote:

why was this changed?
I wish it hadn't... That was a good feature.

Everyone remember engineers throwing mines on tanks then lobbing grenades lol?
Volatile
+252|6703|Sextupling in Empire

BabySpinach wrote:

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

True. They need to make it like 2142 where you can prone/croutch past them.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6719|California

Deploying a claymore gives you -4 teamwork points, and an instant suicide.

Oh, how i wish
sporadicfire
Why is there so much hate for claymores and there users?  just curious
Flaming_Maniac

sporadicfire wrote:

Because playing Karkand, Sharqi, or Mashtuur usually involves at least ten people on the other team running around as sniper, never pulling out their gun, but rather charging you with claymores to lay one in front of you and then dash off. That's not how bf2 is supposed to be played.
pj666
+16|6364|Sydney, Australia
Magical armour isn't the best way to fix it.

Let them be shot or grenaded, crawled or crouched past, or let engineers clear them out/be immune.

And whoever heard of a claymore that can tell friend from foe? Forget the trip wire/motion sensor argument, are we carrying IFF transponders now?
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6347|Belfast
*coughs* Play Project Reality *coughs*
thier clays are detonated by a "clacker"
that means NO MORE CLAYMORE SPAMMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FoShizzle
Howdah Lysozyme
+21|6626|Pittsburgh, PA

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

sporadicfire wrote:

Because playing Karkand, Sharqi, or Mashtuur usually involves at least ten people on the other team running around as sniper, never pulling out their gun, but rather charging you with claymores to lay one in front of you and then dash off. That's not how bf2 is supposed to be played.
If you guys are getting owned by charging snipers holding claymores, you guys blow goat.  That was the most pathetic complaint ever.
Dragonclaw
+186|6304|Florida

FoShizzle wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

sporadicfire wrote:

If you guys are getting owned by charging snipers holding claymores, you guys blow goat.  That was the most pathetic complaint ever.
Getting killed by claymores does not own anything. You sir are pathetic.
tiptopT
+72|6581|Scotland's Capital

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

I second this!!
jessefer
+6|6670|Florida,U.S.A
isnt the point of a claymore for defence? so whats wrong with placing them around a flag. sniper rifle vs 4 medics and a support doesnt seem fair. i call it last line of defending your position

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard