Ubersturmbannfuhrer
I am a fucking homosexual
+211|6598|Parainen, Finland
Welcome to the age when you are almost 30... Life is great...BUT

There is a BIG problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a problem that I have, and many of my friends have the same problem: We are getting fat!!!!!

Not "Extra large fat" but the stomach has lost its normal size

https://www.abc.net.au/southcoast/stories/Beer_belly_m881229.jpg

Not as big as this one in this picture though...

Anyway... We have talked a lot about the problem... What has actually happened???

We all have the same appetite as a 20 year old, We don´t exercise and we sit a helluva much in front of the PC or the TV...

At work I do hard work now and then, but i don´t move that much, I just get hungry by doing the work...

And every time when I try to eat more "light" food I get this "I need BBQ ribs or fried chicken" feeling.

What the hell should one do???

Maybe it is meant that we men must have a sort of beer belly to be a man...

I do not wanna look like some sort of Mr.Fitness, just wanna have a sk. normal belly...

Is there a way to keep in shape without exercise, cause I hate it!!!

Is anyone else having this same problem??

Discuss!!!!!
Des.Kmal
+917|6610|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
get outside and do shit? like sports or recreation? or even recreational sports.
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
ssj3barua
+55|6681|Indianapolis, IN, U.S.
I run at least 30 min a day, not that time consuming. (I'm only 23 though)
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6712|California

Cut off the beer, cut off the fatty foods.

Run. Nothing is better for your all around health than running. Bike riding is also good.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6382

Swim.
Cubanpenguin
+35|6670|Kingston, Canada
Masturbate furiously to Rosie O'Donnell If you can't sweat off the weight then your penis will probably fall off so you will at least lose some weight.

Problem Solved

Last edited by Cubanpenguin (2007-01-15 19:43:43)

Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6699|67.222.138.85

stryyker wrote:

Run. Nothing is better for your all around health than running. Bike riding is also good.
Except for your knees, it's pretty rough on your joints if you are getting up there in age. Generally from what I've heard swimming is about the best thing you can do for your whole body. (Must be why I absolutely hate swimming. )
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6712|California

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

stryyker wrote:

Except for your knees, it's pretty rough on your joints if you are getting up there in age. Generally from what I've heard swimming is about the best thing you can do for your whole body. (Must be why I absolutely hate swimming. )
Gah, knees.
Shaguart
Titties
+56|6361|Calgary, Canada
if ur already getting fat (no offense if u are) but then ur probably gonna have to work out to lose weight. or u could call jenny craig . i suggest u workout, i know its time consuming and hard work and all that, but trust me, it pays off.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6382

stryyker wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

stryyker wrote:

Gah, knees.
Gah, joints.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6685
Oh yeah, swimming is ur best bet. My friend lost went to a local pool one summer like 4 times a week and he lost  probaly 30-35 lbs.
nonexistentusmc
+26|6437|Queens, NYC
Also, don't forget to get enough sleep. I'm skinnier on weekends than I am on weekdays because I sleep more on weekends as compared to weekdays. That's around +/- 5 lbs depending on weekday or weekend. Sleep FTW!
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6622|Washington, DC

Just go to the gym. Are you pretty muscular? If so, do an hour of cardio a day. Try mixing it up. 20 minutes of running, 20 minutes of eliptical (cross-trainer), 20 of a rowing machine. Some days try swimming. If you're not very muscular either, do cardio for 30 minutes and then weights for 30 minutes.

Crunches don't do a huge amount for abs. It'll build up muscle but it won't do much for the fat. That's what the cardio is for.

Watch what you eat. It's hard at first, I mean cmon who doesn't like to eat a Chipotle burrito, but if you stick with a healthier diet you get used to it. Try to burn more calories than you take in. I read somewhere that some amount of muscle burns 35 calories a day just at rest. Don't remember the exact amount of muscle, but  that's what I read.

If you do that, you'll start losing the gut, the man bosoms, and be in better shape. Try and intake HDL cholesterol, it'll clear out the LDL cholesterol which is the stuff that clogs your arteries.

Finally: You say you hate exercise? So did I. I downright despised the thought of leaving this computer chair or comfy sofa to go exert myself for an hour. God forbid I do a small amount of work. But one day I just decided: I'm sick of having this weak, unimpressive body. I want to feel confident, I want to be healthier, fitter, slimmer (I'm actually pretty thin, it's just skin bones and fat lol) and stronger. So I started going to the gym each day (haven't done it in a few days though cause I'm sick) and at first it was a bit of a struggle, but you really do start enjoying it. Once you're at the gym, you realize that you're there so you might as well do something. I like to do cardio first because it gives you that "runner's high" so you feel motivated for the rest of your workout. Think about it:

24 hours in a day. You spend 8 of them sleeping. 16 hours left. Wake up 7AM, eat some breakfast, go to the gym. 2 hours or so? 14 hours left. 9AM. Take a shower, play BF2 or hang out with buds or work until noon. 3 hours down. 11 hours left. Work/play more until around 6 or 7 (I eat dinner kinda late). 5 or 4 hours left. Play BF2/socialize till 11PM. There, that's your day. Considering all of the stuff you do in the day, 1 hour of exercise + a good diet is a small amount of time to pay in exchange for a healthier, better life.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6699|67.222.138.85

stryyker wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

stryyker wrote:

Gah, knees.
That's what my Grandfather said. He's freaking 80 years old but he still runs  anywhere from 2-5 miles a day in the middle of the day in El Paso. Crazy thing he is.
cospengle
+140|6479|Armidale, NSW, Australia

stryyker wrote:

I hate you.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6712|California

cospengle wrote:

stryyker wrote:

I hate you.
I hate you too.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6337|Twyford, UK
I have the opposite problem, I can't gain weight no matter how hard I try.

I'm 6'2" and about 140lb, and skinny as a rake. The only way I can gain any weight at all is by cycling about 20 miles a week and going for a slow gain as muscle mass. The upside? Mucho definition, can actually lift things, get places easily. The downside? Skinny as a rake.
UnknownRanger
Squirrels, natures little speedbump.
+610|6337|Cali
Dont we all hate gaining weight. I weigh roughly 145 lbs. and people call me fat ass. i dont kno y?

Last edited by UnknownRanger (2007-01-15 20:38:42)

RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6397|NSW, Australia

stryyker wrote:

cospengle wrote:

stryyker wrote:

I hate you.
I hate you too.
i love me
Pw.Sultan
+15|6471|NC

Skorpy-chan wrote:

I have the opposite problem, I can't gain weight no matter how hard I try.

I'm 6'2" and about 140lb, and skinny as a rake. The only way I can gain any weight at all is by cycling about 20 miles a week and going for a slow gain as muscle mass. The upside? Mucho definition, can actually lift things, get places easily. The downside? Skinny as a rake.
I somewhat still have the same problem.. I'm 6'3 and about 175 now but i was in the 150s, couldnt gain weight to save my life. Check this stuff out.. NOX-CG 3 :: http://www.supplementstogo.com/no40byxy.html that stuff works amazingly to give you evergy and help build weight.. its not cheapy creatine thats gonna mess you up either, just drink plenty of water if you take it. Combine that stuff with a lot of meat and I got a bowflex and I have gained about 20lbs and a lot of muscle definition along with it.

Last edited by Pw.Sultan (2007-01-15 20:50:29)

BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6562|United States
We're a country of gluttons. The very first thing you must do is obtain the will power to stop yourself from eating nasty ass foods. Yeah, it sucks but you'll get over it. I'm 24 right now and I stopped eating fast-foods and drinking soda's about 3-4 years ago. The only time I eat the shit now is on the very rare occassion that I'm starving and that's the only thing available. But even then I try to find something that isn't deep fried. A lot of people don't realize that cutting back on soda products completely can drop your weight by some 5-10 pounds if you're overweight. And another 10-15 pounds if you STOP eating fast-foods. The only thing I can suggest for you since you want to lose weight without exercising (I died laughing at that sentence) is forcing yourself to eat better. You also MUST do some sort of exercise.... run around the block for 15 minutes a day, buy a jump rope and jump for 20 minutes a day.... something. Hell, sex is a great way to knock off calories. Plus it's a very enjoyable exercise. Or you could just put it in terms like this:

1. I can continue to eat the way I do and probably gain some more weight as I get older and unhealthier.

OR

2. I can stop being lazy, vow to do some kind of exercise every day, eat right, and add 5-10 years on to your life.

Whatever you decide to do I wish you luck. Changing the way you live after so many years of habit is a hard thing to do for anyone.
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6642|Keyboard

Ubersturmbannfuhrer wrote:

Welcome to the age when you are almost 30... Life is great...BUT

There is a BIG problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a problem that I have, and many of my friends have the same problem: We are getting fat!!!!!

Not "Extra large fat" but the stomach has lost its normal size

http://www.abc.net.au/southcoast/storie … 881229.jpg

Not as big as this one in this picture though...

Anyway... We have talked a lot about the problem... What has actually happened???

We all have the same appetite as a 20 year old, We don´t exercise and we sit a helluva much in front of the PC or the TV...

At work I do hard work now and then, but i don´t move that much, I just get hungry by doing the work...

And every time when I try to eat more "light" food I get this "I need BBQ ribs or fried chicken" feeling.

What the hell should one do???

Maybe it is meant that we men must have a sort of beer belly to be a man...

I do not wanna look like some sort of Mr.Fitness, just wanna have a sk. normal belly...

Is there a way to keep in shape without exercise, cause I hate it!!!

Is anyone else having this same problem??

Discuss!!!!!
Move to the United States, you´ll get to were you want to be ROFL.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6397|NSW, Australia

i think i will stop drinking soda now. WATER FTW!!!!
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6642|Keyboard
LOL sorry, my bad. LOL I tought that you wanted to gain weight. Look man, to loose that flab you need to do two things:

exercise.
sew your mouth in order that only tinny bits of food can get through it.

P.D. Also drink water instead of any soft drinks/beer. And be patient man, eventually with lots of will power you will look thinner and healthier. Cheers.
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6562|United States
Just DO NOT EVER DRINK **DIET** PRODUCTS. This goes to everyone. Diet drink products are just about the worst shit you can put in your body. They DO NOT help you lose weight and they ARE NOT any better for you than normal soft drinks because they're actually much worse. The ingredients used in diet products can not be digested by our bodies and build up for a while before they're naturally removed. I can't imagine that chemical ingredients unable to be digested or consumed by our bodies is a very good thing to have building up inside. They also contain ingredients that dehydrate your body purposely.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard