Robbie77
hammer time!
+26|6332|Toronto Canada
so I'm 16 and I've been working for a while now, making ok money during the summer and well...... pretty crappy money during the school year. anyways i saved about 2000$ now and i think its about time, i take a big step in my life and  get a car. It can be new, or used i really don't care just as long as it runs, i could put money/work into it as i go along i don't mind i kinda actually wanna do that(i find it fun), anyways if anyone knows of any good offers on ebay or w/e link it to me, I'm more then interested, so remember around 2000$ and if it matters in in the Toronto Canada areas (just in case the car can't be brought to another country or something_
d3athwi5h4
insert clever title here
+59|6514|Kickapoo
http://toronto.craigslist.org/

Start here.  Good luck
rustynutz
I am British!
+124|6684|England and damn proud
Im 17, my first car is a vauxhall astra, although might be opel in America?

Dunno how much they are there but i love mine
Robbie77
hammer time!
+26|6332|Toronto Canada

d3athwi5h4 wrote:

http://toronto.craigslist.org/

Start here.  Good luck
thanks man this is a good site
CaptainMike
It's just a flesh wound
+45|6646|Canada
Aston Martin all the way and its your lucky day, one of three dealerships in Canada is in Toronto
theknuck
It's pronounced Knuck, like in Knuckle!!
+45|6613|balls
my first ride was a '73 GTO.  paid $1700 for it back in '94.  search far and wide for deals.  don't jump on the first thing that hits you.  trust me, it's out there.
jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

Honda Civic ... it will last and its cheap ... if you have money, get a convertible bmw 325i
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6323|Orrstrayleea
A red one cause' they go faster
~FuzZz~
+422|6323|Orrstrayleea
A ferrari 
~FuzZz~
+422|6323|Orrstrayleea
A lamborghini they get the chiks
vassili
+66|6524
an old mini (dunno how its over there but for a 25 or 30 year old car you dont have to pay road tax)
Mongoose
That 70's guy
+156|6532|Sydney, in 1978
Any full size car form the early 70's
hurricane2oo5
Do One Ya Mug !!!
+176|6765|mansfield
rover metro , it was like driving  a shopping trolley.
Eboreus
Member of Foamy's Card Cult
+46|6648
i have no idea about your driving skills but I recommend to get something a little cheaper for the beginning. dont pay too much attention to the looks, it should be capable of driving stright and it should not be too bad if you ditch it or something - because your first accident WILL come and you WILL regret spending too much money for your first car then

however if you have enough confindence in your driving skills, go ahead and spend all the money
Lt.Smurf
+5|6695|North Germany
what ever you get, make it a rather old one, cause at first you get some ditches an stuff, that way it doesn't hurt that much to crush it from now and then.... just my experience....

p.s.: same thoughts from Germany here.....

Last edited by Lt.Smurf (2007-01-14 03:31:46)

SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6488|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
Well dude depends on you, do you party alot? If so get a car that can hold alot of friends, also try and make you first car a manual, and make it a beater.
edit: Love the sig dude, I put my pants on every morning just like you, but when I put mine on I make golden records.

Last edited by SgtHeihn (2007-01-14 04:19:18)

cospengle
+140|6488|Armidale, NSW, Australia
Well, since you're 16, you're probably thinking you want something that the chicks will dig. That's fair enough, but you don't want to spend your hard earned cash on something that looks good but doesn't go. If you think you've found one you want to buy, get someone (like a family friend etc) that's a mechanic or at least knows a bit about cars to have a look at it. When I'm buying a car the two main things I look for are rust and oil leaks. I very much doubt you'll be able to buy a new car for $2000 (but I have no idea what a car costs in Canada) so take into account the odometer reading. Over 100,000km is a lot and you'll most likely need to spend money on it to keep it going.
ShoopDaWhoop
Banned
+53|6334

rustynutz wrote:

Im 17, my first car is a vauxhall astra, although might be opel in America?

Dunno how much they are there but i love mine
They dont make opels in america
Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6550|EUtopia | Austria
Maybach Exelero - if you can afford it...

http://www.neilchilson.com/images/Mayba … 24x768.jpg
Ryan
+1,230|6844|Alberta, Canada

You ain't gunna get a new car for 2 grand, you'll be looking at used.

I wouldn't trust any online dealerships either, they just sell you lemons.
Just go search around some car lots and find a nice car you like and hopefully it will fit your budget.
RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6538|Chicago
I'm driving a pretty shitty Camry, at this point. However, it used to be my dad's, and therefore I got it for free. You need to find a good balance of a quality product, and a cheap one. You can buy an incredibly reliable and good looking car, but it'll cost you $100,000, one kidney, and a pint of virgin blood. Get something conservative.
Robbie77
hammer time!
+26|6332|Toronto Canada

Stormscythe wrote:

Maybach Exelero - if you can afford it...

http://www.neilchilson.com/images/Mayba … 24x768.jpg
ya......in my dreams
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6721|California

Get a classic car, and fix it up
Archer
rapes face
+161|6425|Canuckistan
Get a used, cheap, Mustang.

Starts at like 10,000 here..
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6708|67.222.138.85

Pea....Tear.....Griffen wrote:

A red one cause' they go faster

A ferrari 

A lamborghini they get the chiks
There's a fucking edit button for a reason. Use it instead of spamming posts that weren't even funny in the first place.

I agree with stryyker, I would try to find an older classic car that you could get cheaply and renovate it. It wouldn't just be fun, it could give you a lot of useful skills for later in life.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard