Poll

Does Dora the Explorer make kids stupid?

Yes67%67% - 53
No20%20% - 16
What is Dora?12%12% - 10
Total: 79
thtthht
maximum bullshit
+50|6301|teh alien spaceshit
I mean, don't you think the show destroys kids' common sense? There is something 2 feet away, and she is asking for your help. Just ididotic.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
it is soooooooooooooooooo dumb. Everytime I see it on I want to punch someone.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6609|Montreal, Qc, Canada

Superior Mind wrote:

it is soooooooooooooooooo dumb. Everytime I see it on I want to punch someone.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
TTyg
+1|6290
Considering it was created for the 2 - 4 yr old age group.  Hmmmm.....
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command
My son loves it. He's four now and can navigate  the internet better than my wife who is a college girl/design major.
nlsme
+48|6385|new york
My friends 3 yr old is practically bilingual, and nobody that is around her can speak Spanish other than my wife. She really amazes me she is so smart.
UnknownRanger
Squirrels, natures little speedbump.
+610|6315|Cali
It can go both ways, if your kid likes to go exploring and likes talking to the T.V then yes or corse.
But if your kid hates people through the T.V screen talking to them and telling them to open a map or whatever thay say then yes, it is dumb.. So the door swings both ways on this poll.
demois411
+1|6335
Lol, all her shows are so predictable and boring it pisses me off to no end.
ionescualex
+12|6592
This thread made me more stupid than Dora the Explorer ever will.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6461|Menlo Park, CA

ionescualex wrote:

This thread made me more stupid than Dora the Explorer ever will.
Amen
jermyang
I've Seen the Saucers.
+38|6710|Norcal, usa
it's for babies, not toddlers.
i wouldn't let a 3-4 year old watch it.
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6620|Keyboard
ROFL:

1927(h)
No its very educational. My daughter can already speak English, a bit of Welsh and whenever Dora is on she gets to speak a bit of Spanish. 

I still say the best thing on TV for the kids is....see my sig. Lazy Town.
Dieselboy
Flicker of beans since 1986
+87|6520|Reading, Basingrad
Dora is most definitely an illegal immigrant

1) She speak perfect Spanish at like what, age 5? What kind of American speaks perfect Spanish at age 5?

2) That backpack of her's has EVERYTHING in it! And we're talking everything! life support, water/food, clothing for any weather, ropes, grappling hooks, shoes, I mean come on now, it's so obvious.

3) She's carrying a freaking ZOO with her! i mean she has a monkey, an band of insects, a bajillion other animals! What kind of legal immigrant has that many pets?

4) She's always on an "adventure" to transport a "package" to some destination and is always being stalked by a person trying to take her package. Swiper is so obviously some sort of border patrol person trying to collect evidence of Dora's entire narcotics trafficking empire.

Where is she now? I need my hedges trimmed.
TerrorisT²
Melbourne Shuffler
+214|6596|Gold Coast, Australia
When i was little and watching Bananas in Pajamas I used to think they were mentally retarded if they couldn't figure out who made the mess when theres paint all over the other mouse/rat thing...

Sesame Street was the best puppetry/costume show, in my opinion.
Madhadda1
+270|6515|Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Yaocelotl wrote:

ROFL:

that was pathetic....

not funny at all heard the word "gay" about 23423432423 times but other than how much it sucked and wasnt funny once or ever i enjoyed that video
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6512|Winterpeg, Canada
My little bro hates Dora, and basically the majority of shows like it. He's 6, billingual, very good at sports, a really good gamer for his age, and has understood movies/stories like Lord of the Rings, and the Bourne: Supremecy just to name a few.
twiistaaa
+87|6639|mexico
i think dora annoys adults more than dumbs down kids. my sister watches it and i can't stand when they repeat the same shit on the map 4 or so times.

HOUSE!, MOUNTAIN!, COKE MULE!
tiptopT
+72|6552|Scotland's Capital
If it keeps the lil ones quiet, its gotta be a good thing
silo1180
The Farewell Tour
+79|6392|San Antonio, TX
I've begun questioning Dora (and her cousin Diego) as of late... why are they teaching my kid Spanish?  Shouldn't it be the other way around?  Are they trying to teach my kids to cater to immigrants and other people that come here and can't speak English?

Dora obviously has bad parents too.  She's always wandering around with a monkey, and she's traveling far from home too.  I especially like the Diego episode where they meet the spectacled bears and the bears like to hug... wtf.... you're teaching my kid to try to hug bears too now!

And 1927(h)... my little one LOVES Lazytown, and to be quite honest, I think some of the music is cool.  It's a little cheesy at times, but overall it's a decent show.
Tetn1s
+59|6612|Los Angeles

Dieselboy wrote:

1) She speak perfect Spanish at like what, age 5? What kind of American speaks perfect Spanish at age 5?
I spoke perfect Spanish at age 5. and I'm American?(BTW i was born in Guatemala, but my parents are US citizens) I lived there for 7 years. so I was bilingual
KillerKane0
+53|6615|Calgary, Alberta
In "An Evening with Kevin Smith: Evening Harder", he goes on about Dora the Explorer.  It's too funny for words.  See it.
bobby177
+129|6444|Texas.. getting out asap
That was not funny. It was fucking stupid actually.
Trigger_Happy_92
Uses the TV missle too much
+394|6620

bobby177 wrote:

That was not funny. It was fucking stupid actually.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard