Poll

Is the Clark 15B shotgun the best gun in 2142?

Yes.52%52% - 46
Yes.47%47% - 42
Total: 88
Ryan
+1,230|6845|Alberta, Canada

Sounds like the Lambert is a good choice. I'm unlocking it today.
Zefar
+116|6651|Sweden
The shottie is a bit random, even in close combat it didn't kill in one shot now and then. But maybe I should start using that dys thingy a bit more when I'm on Titan. :3
But that guy had a lot of luck to. The players really sucked when he shot at them. Most of the time when I see someone at that distance I'm the one getting 3 well placed shots from Voss/Krylov/Baur/Shuko or any other rifle/Mg that can kill in few hits and instantly dies.
He rarely got hit to even if it was quite close combat and he was visible for a while.

Though my vote goes on Krylov and the EU Sniper.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6551|UK

Get off the Titan
strikeman67
+5|6615
The Clark is great at CQB.  On maps like Cerbere landing, Camp Gibraltar, or Tunis Harbor where there is lots of cover, shotguns are a nasty surprise for your enemies.  Their disadvantage is that they are a pump, you have one or two shots before your enemy get his turn on you. 

I earned my Gold Support badge on Tunis Harbor.  At the end of the round I had 34 kills total with 28 being from the Clark.

All the weapons have good balance in BF2142.  SMGs are good at close to medium ranges.  The assault rifles are the best general purpose guns.  They are good at close to medium ranges and are accurate at long range on single shot.  Add the RPG-74 and you have one hell of a combo.
Kratos Aurion
+36|6644|Sweden
There's nothing better then my Krylov and my RPG-74.
spacepelle
Kniven Gaffeln Skeden
+37|6667|Sweden
i like pie
tefI0n
Temporary Messiah
+14|6399|Kalamazoo, MI
I thought the same thing about distance, but in all reality, the way I play, 95% of the time I'm within 20 meters, or can find some cover til the other bastard brings himself into range. The shotgun suits me well, and if you play with it for any extent of time, you'll see it's quite possibly the gun God smiled on.
Inspect@hDeck
+23|6427|Browntown
Next time I see you, I'm shooting you in the head with my SAAW.

(according to previous tests, this should do about 14 damage)
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6528|Singapore

Kratos Aurion wrote:

There's nothing better then my Krylov and my RPG-74.
uhh...
dalexa
+4|6607|portugal

Doms wrote:

Baur>everything. Even chuck norris. *instantly dies*
wrong... it can't touch steven seagal... ever saw anyone touch him?
Master*
Banned
+416|6496|United States

dalexa wrote:

Doms wrote:

Baur>everything. Even chuck norris. *instantly dies*
wrong... it can't touch steven seagal... ever saw anyone touch him?
WRONG krylov>chuck norris>steven segal>baur
68stang
+0|6340
I was plkaying the other day, and owning it up defending a titan. I placed my Gun drone on the upper deck and dropped down inside behind the attacking team. over and over. The other General was like "nice job man" I was surprised! Sadly most people insult yoU! Well 2 others started in on me who I had kept killing lol. They were like you cheep camper...I was like "what are you talking about! I keep moving and getting behind you" the other guys said "well your gun drone camps" LMFAO omg that is what it is saposed to do! Then They had a spawn beacon on top of the titan where i couldnt get to, so I was shott gunning them as they landed on the middle deck. And of course they were yelling again about being a spawn camper. Good LORD. You placed your beacon where I couldnt get it, Am I saposed to let you kill me? hehe was fun anyway! they kept calling me a shotty whore

Last edited by 68stang (2007-01-03 07:40:36)

DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6548|Doncaster, UK
I fail to see the logic that someone who is defending their own titan is a camper. I see this all the time in games, people calling you cheap for defending a corridor by whatever tools you have. How the hell can I be a spawn camper if I'm on my own titan?

The Clarke is an awesome gun in the right situation. In the titan or at CQ while capping or defending a silo/flag it's very powerful. Once you're out in the open it's next to useless when compared to the LMGs or other guns.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6754|Toronto, ON
The Moretti Sniper Rifle.
Alpha as fuck.
MrEzeuss
+26|6392|Nethterlands (ZH)
Thanks to the Clark, the frase 'blowing my load in your face' has no sexual meaning to me what so ever.

Just recently i got the Clark through a field upgrade and thought 'try before you buy'.
it was fantastic! I got it late on in the game, and the Titan combat was nearing it's end.
I'm a mediocre player and normally stay away from the crowd (if you fail, there's noone to see it right?).
But with the Clark, this changed i ran left and right shooting at people like crazy. I even took on a few guys that where planting RDX on the last console, whereas earlier i would choose a grenade, i now blasted two of them before the third killed me.

It was smooth. Better than the horrible experience i got from the Voss and the SAAW.
Dann0s
+0|6326|England
Here you go, the ultimate weapon.

[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c350/Dann0s/lambert-clark.jpg[/img]

10 mins of busy busy photoshopping

Last edited by Dann0s (2007-01-03 12:25:00)

Retalliation[1337]
Robin Hood ---> "u got arrownd"
+51|6476|Belgium

Cubanpenguin wrote:

Inspect@hDeck wrote:

The SAAW 86 is the best weapon in the game. Your Clark can't take downa  gunship, can it?
The Rorsch can but also Tanks, Walkers, APC's, FAV's, Solders and probably Jesus too.

The Rorsch = Win
Leave jesus alone will ya ? He would hax his way around you and knife you =only weak spot of rorsch and stationary guns
Snowmanimal
Not so unique forum title
+30|6545|My head

0ktane wrote:

The Support HMG, not the unlocked one.
Buzerk1
+44|6838
Any gun you learn to master is king...

My most used is the Pilum and I love it... I like the Lambert... The Clark is just real fun to use CQC or not. Almost as fun as getting a dog tag
GR34
+215|6547|ALBERTA> CANADA
100 more points and this baby is mine
HUNDaemon
Exploit/Glitch "Tester"
+49|6377|Inside the AR Rockets.

Varegg wrote:

Voss is Boss

You suck.
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6572|United States
The Clark owns for close combat in the Titan but that's about it. You can haul ass down a full hallway and just blast people away, but anything remotely further away than low-medium distance makes the gun completely worthless. I'd say that my favorite gun is probably the Voss with the rocket attachment. 40 round clip with good accuracy, although they really need to fix the splash damage on the attachment rockets. It's bullshit that I can shoot at a wall behind someone and they'll die from the splash damage of two rockets... but you can shoot three rockets at the ground right next to someone and not even -1 in health. Plus you can't see the explosions when the rockets hit certain surfaces which pisses me off for some reason. No idea.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard