Poll

Which Game/Series is the Best RTS of All Time?

Command & Conquer Series41%41% - 89
Total Annihilation Series5%5% - 12
Age of Empires Series12%12% - 28
Black & White Series0%0% - 2
Starcraft Series5%5% - 11
Rome & Medieval: Total War Series7%7% - 17
Warcraft Series8%8% - 18
Company of Heroes10%10% - 22
Rise of Nations Series1%1% - 3
Other6%6% - 14
Total: 216
weamo8
+50|6450|USA

Executiator wrote:

wedge3382 wrote:

Command & conquer, its what started it all.  I still own the orignal DOS version.
Negative, the Warcraft series was the original spark of influence.

And wheres Warhammer on there!?!?!

BTW, blizzard needs to stop slacking AND MAKE SC2 FOR FUCKS SAKE!!
The first game to have the RTS title was Dune.  It sucked, but it was first.

It's hard to know which game had the influence.

And yeah, where the hell is StarCraft 2?!?
BornToKill67
It's a good day to die
+18|6667|Canada Eh?
Starcraft makes Command and Conquer look like a little girl in a pink tutu with bad diarrhea. Mostly cause of the online gaming...  kicked more ass every game!

Last edited by BornToKill67 (2007-01-02 17:22:23)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6773|UK

RedTwizzler wrote:

Totala and C&C are the top. I like C&C because it's more realistic, but Totala has some of the best, largest-scale battles I've ever played.
Did you just say "realistic" and "C&C" in the same sentance?? Are you taking the piss! The only truely realistic RTS is TA and SupCom.
w00stafa
Krylov Whore
+35|6565|AK101 Factory
Homeworld 1 & 2; fantastic stuff - but C&C started it for me.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6651
there is a game before C&C called Utopia, anyone remember it?  How many of us here actually remember MSDOS

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2007-01-02 19:08:35)

{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6767|San Antonio, Texas
I have played all those except Rome Total War, and I have to say C&C came out on top.

C&C = Winner.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6602|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
CoH should be the winnar. badass game. i love blasting the shit out of the nazis with howitzers.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6764|Argentina
I hate Blizzard for focusing in World of Warcraft and forgetting Starcraft 2 and Warcraft 4.
Recoil555
A God Amongst Men
+26|6459|UK
Dawn of War is the best ive played and ive played C and C from the original to the newest and some of the others. So far Dawn of war and COH are the best IMO.

Last edited by Recoil555 (2007-01-03 05:52:03)

r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6455

ShadowFoX wrote:

Red Alert 2 > All
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6526|Adelaide, South Australia

shadowcell_01 wrote:

command and conquer wins.
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6530|the Netherlands
Command & Conquer Series & Age of Empires Series

C4 at your door Hooah ! I'm on it !,SEAL ready

Red alert 2 + Yuri (your mind is weak ) love it !

В советской России Вы не смеетесь над rofl вертолетом, rofl вертолет laught в Вас ?
enemy u-boot spotted ?

Last edited by Tjasso (2007-01-03 07:05:15)

mjs1973
+2|6501|Albuquerque, NM
I myself liked the C&C games.  I am currently playing LotR Battle for Middle Earth 2 and I think that one is pretty awesome.  For 30 bucks I might go to Wally World and by the old C&C games because I don't have them anymore.
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6481|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
codename panzers phases 1 & phase 2
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6602|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA

Tjasso wrote:

В советской России Вы не смеетесь над rofl вертолетом, rofl вертолет laught в Вас ?
enemy u-boot spotted ?
you do not laugh at rofl copter, rofl copter laugh at you
travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6706|U.S
I have to say C&C is the best but Warcraft is close i played Warcfraft 2 i prefer that one to all other games ive played. CoH is great also much harder i am a build huge powerful armies kind of guy but i have a softer side.
Mushroomcar
I L0v3 C4k3
+18|6727|Sweden
Faces of war damit..
Just some bugs..
But best strategy ever <3
Never had so fun:)
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6553
One of my favorite RTS's of all time is Battle Realms, but the company that made it did a shitty job on the net code so half the time the game de-syncs.

Warcraft 3 custom games were the best. Long before DotA was even an idea.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
sneeky_fluff
+1|6505
In my humble view the best rts' about were K240 (for the amiga all those years ago) and dune two (horray for 'high res' amiga 1200 graphic's). They were cool, k240 was (and possibly still is) fantastic and had quite possibly the best manual ever. Complete with advertisments for all the corperations, various technologies and even a coffee break mid way! As for the strategy element, the random placement of asteroids and psuedo adaptive AI (last race pretty much direct countered your first attacks, you could force them into a cul'de sac if you figured that out and launched lots of early missile strikes with crappy missiles whilst fast teching ships).

As for dune two, it was plain amazing (well except for the part where you had to select and move each unit individually) although house ordos did kind of piss on the story line from the first six books...... why oh why not just have them as house IX or Vernus, would have been much better.

Do say if anyone remembers either of these two games, I cringe when my nephews state that RA2 is an ancient game, the bloody philistines!
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6573|England

CnC series. Hands down.
RA1 was by far the best of the lot. It was balanced, different, unique and so far no other RTS game has even come close to making a parallel with it. I still play RA1 to this day and despite owning every CnC game ever - none of the others get the playtime anymore.
Generals sucked since it relies too much on superweapons, and that isnt what it's supposed to be about. Tiberian Sun was average, and RA2 was too much focused around a lack of tanks and, like Generals, overpowered superweapons.

I had RA1 on the PC and PS, me n a mate played it every weekend on link up between both PS and PC for about a year when we were young. Good times.

AoE and TA were also great. Although I preferred Cossacks to AoE.
The TA starships annihilated everything

Last edited by Snake (2007-01-05 15:59:33)

TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6680|Colorado
I don't see how you guys can say games like c&c , starcraft or any other rts was better than TA, the depth & the amount of units & strats alone blew everything out of the water. The other games had cartoon graphics & limited units.
Sup Com will do the same to anything out now & forever, the beta is going well, couple more months & it should be ready hopefully.

Last edited by TrollmeaT (2007-01-05 19:35:56)

Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6573|England

TA was good, I loved all the units and maps you could find. Was it tauniverse.com that used to have em all?
Thing was, for its time, it ran my PC into the ground when it really got going with all the units, explosions, etc. I also liked the idea of the missile defense system, shooting down enemy nukes
The UIP pack was also very good.
However, it all fucked up my system.
RA never posed that kind of problem, despite having armies of like 200 tanks.
B-Scimitar
Defeating your warriors.
+116|6416|Espoo, Finland

Vilham wrote:

B-Scimitar wrote:

C&C is good, but Civilization is even better.
Do you know what an RTS is?
Yes, I do.
That's why I gave my vote for C&C.
penguin.killer
+75|6487
total war series without doubt
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6773|UK

B-Scimitar wrote:

Vilham wrote:

B-Scimitar wrote:

C&C is good, but Civilization is even better.
Do you know what an RTS is?
Yes, I do.
That's why I gave my vote for C&C.
Yes but civilization isnt...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard