Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6705|67.222.138.85
THIS IS NOT A SOLO MOVIE. I AM THE PILOT, AND FATMANX45 IS THE GUNNER.

After 3 grueling months and over 6 gig of footage, Flaming_Maniac and FatmanX45/cUCUMB3R have finally finished yet another chopper movie, Get to teh Choppah. We tried to cover all aspects of choppers including SF night maps (which were a bitch to film and find servers). The maps we recorded are Daqing, Fushe, Sharqi, Dalian, Ghost Town, Leviathan, and huge amounts of Kubra and Wake. Some shots look easy or easy infantry kills, but keep in mind that this is about both the gunner and the pilot, so most maneuvers shown somehow required intense teamwork between the two. The hitboxes didn’t make things any easier, so stay tuned during the credits to see how frustrating that was. Also, to all server admins out there with BR on their server, make sure it’s working right damnit so you don’t screw anyone else out there. To those of you who do have it properly set up, we thank you.

Please download it, google raped the quality pretty bad, and great pains were taken to record it in all its 1024x768 goodness. It won’t take that long of your time, and certainly not if you only stream it, so if you whine about us wasting 6 minutes of your time you need to think about why you are on a gaming forum.

Google
[google]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9089395413651613512[/google]

Filefront

Keep out a close watch for some people you may know…

Last edited by Flaming_Maniac (2007-02-21 15:30:39)

[-DER-]Omega
+188|6825|Lithuania
Nice video m8
https://bf3s.com/sigs/fe717ed1eb823c939460a42f15bced7dd0057c51.png
Bosjesman1
+2|6702|Heteren, The Netherlands
Its nice but not that impressive. Its all short peaces its better when you have one round of chopper pwning then this…
Simon
basically
+838|6656|UK
Loved some of the angles, well put togethor. +1
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6452|USA
nice work
SoC./Omega
+122|6539|Omaha, Nebraska!
nice vid
LT.Victim
+1,175|6561|British Columbia, Canada
Nice, I liked the Night Map Heli kills and the Jet and Battlerecorder Kills..

Keep up the good work
Zodiaccup
+42|6544
Very nice vid, but are you using a macro for the tv? kinda looks like that, especially @ 4.29 - 4.33.

Last edited by Zodiaccup (2006-12-26 10:21:12)

justice
OctoPoster
+978|6739|OctoLand
nice, would have liked some more battlerecorder footage.
I know fucking karate
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6563|Area 51

Zodiaccup wrote:

Very nice vid, but are you using a macro for the tv? kinda looks like that, especially @ 4.29 - 4.33.
Its all in the practice
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6523|South Florida
OMG dude thats the best movie ive ever seen!!. A+!!! Those jet shots were fuckin amazing bro!!! specially the one where it shows birds eye view of the airfield and you shoot down the j10 from the edge of the ocean. Very nice. Though i think the name "Spinning death and the face melting gunner" would be better j/k

Last edited by Dezerteagal5 (2006-12-26 10:36:00)

15 more years! 15 more years!
eagles1106
+269|6582|Marlton, New Jersey.
So lucky you get good registration on jets coming head on. Lucky bastard.
Kurse
The Black Wizards
+16|6732|California
A lot of great angles which I'm sure look even better in the raw footage. Music is a bit overused, but not enough to take away from it. Nice job overall.
Flaming_Maniac

eagles1106 wrote:

Did you not watch the credits? Watch to the very end, and those were just a few poor registration shots.We had a lot more go straight through, especially one night on Dalian against some J-10s.

There are no macros. I fly straight keyboard without any macros, and my gunner doesn't do anything except with the mouse.

We wanted more BR footage, and originally it was supposed to be all BR, but we could only find one server where it was actually working.
demois411
+1|6363
Nice Video.

I have one question since I hardly play Special Forces: What are the names of the night maps?
eagles1106
+269|6582|Marlton, New Jersey.

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

eagles1106 wrote:

Did you not watch the credits? Watch to the very end, and those were just a few poor registration shots.We had a lot more go straight through, especially one night on Dalian against some J-10s.

There are no macros. I fly straight keyboard without any macros, and my gunner doesn't do anything except with the mouse.

We wanted more BR footage, and originally it was supposed to be all BR, but we could only find one server where it was actually working.
But, you still HAVE shots that hit.  I could take 1000 shots at incoming jets, and maybe 1 of them would register.
Flaming_Maniac

eagles1106 wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

eagles1106 wrote:

But, you still HAVE shots that hit.  I could take 1000 shots at incoming jets, and maybe 1 of them would register.
We took about 6000 shots at incoming jets.

The maps from special forces were Ghost Town, Iron Gator is the carrier, and then night map is called Leviathan.
Rick_O_Shea678
Angry Engy
+95|6751
Hey man, really good, I will d/l it.
Good music, good variety of kills.
And a big thumbs-up for your piloting, and actually playing together with a gunner.  (I'm a little sick of solo monkeys, esp when they think they're so good that they can fly their gunner out of bounds just to get rid of him.)  It's a two-man choppah!  You're very good for your gunner, nice setups.
Thx for making movie.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6718|California

Loved the outtakes.

Hurray for hit detection! Thats the excuse I use for not being able to hit a fucking jet
Mong0ose
Will it blend?
+24|6484|UK
Got to 2:25 and got bored

Nothin new or particulalry impressive, btw gg EA/Dice with the hitboxes

50% of the shopper kills were of helis not even facing you (i.e. they were engaging infantry) and didnt require any skill

25% of the others were people solo'ing - therefore couldn't evade your TV

The remaining 25% were average to say the least

Nice choice of music though and good editing , from what i saw
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6696

Haha.
TAAAKE A RIIIIDE INTOOO THA DANGER ZOOONE!

In the downloaded video, I got no sound.

Last edited by PspRpg-7 (2006-12-26 14:16:14)

Flaming_Maniac

PspRpg-7 wrote:

Haha.
TAAAKE A RIIIIDE INTOOO THA DANGER ZOOONE!

In the downloaded video, I got no sound.
Actually I had the same problem the sound doesn't work through my USB headphones for some reason? It comes out fine through my speakers.

Mong0ose wrote:

Got to 2:25 and got bored

Nothin new or particulalry impressive, btw gg EA/Dice with the hitboxes

50% of the shopper kills were of helis not even facing you (i.e. they were engaging infantry) and didnt require any skill

25% of the others were people solo'ing - therefore couldn't evade your TV

The remaining 25% were average to say the least

Nice choice of music though and good editing , from what i saw
Don't be an ass until you watched the whole thing, it gets better later. Not to mention there was only one song up until that point, so I'm not sure how you could say good music choice.

@ stryyker the ending is our favorite part too, though at the time the jet shots didn't seem very funny.

Last edited by Flaming_Maniac (2006-12-26 14:22:31)

blendiys
+8|6526|Belgium
Nice one dude, you should face him:P
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=49602

And btw guys, does the code....

Code:

SettingsManager.U32Set GSInterpolation Time400
works?
In some servers you are not able to put more than 3 letters!

Greetings.
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6696

NOOOOO! I was in the video! But, damn. That was quite some time ago, I DO remember killing you a few times. Good stuff.
Flaming_Maniac

PspRpg-7 wrote:

NOOOOO! I was in the video! But, damn. That was quite some time ago, I DO remember killing you a few times. Good stuff.
Yeah, once you got in the J-10

Quickly everyone, download it so you can see other BF2s people get owned

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard