OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6655|Washington DC

So, I was hearing yet another accusation about a movie where Hollywood was secretly promoting homosexuality obscurely through the movie ... as if a subliminal message endorsing homosexuality was the primary motivation for the movie.

Then I thought about it ... is this what Rudolph represented?
  • He was "different".
  • It's not his fault ... this was the way he was created ... he just wanted to be accepted for who he was.
  • No one wanted to play reindeer games with him.  You know, the heterosexual games.
  • When a female deer wanted to snuggle up, he felt awkward and uncomfortable.  When his "difference" was exposed (that is, he came out of the closet), he ran away from the female.
  • He ended up hanging out with other characters representing a broader homosexuality.  Clearly Hermey the dentist-wanna-be-elf was homosexual ...
  • He ended up in the Island of Misfit Toys (i.e. Greenwich Village), where those scorned by society waited for a time when the world would accept them.

*sarcasm off*

I mean, c'mon ... is the homophobia in America so bad that we see the homo-boogie man around every corner?   In cartoon characters?  Why is there such a movement by Dobson, Falwell, Robinson, et.al. to assign sexual orientation to sexually benign movies?

(By the way, the Seven Dwarfs were also homosexual) 
FesterTheMolester
BF2s US Server Admin, IRC>Forums
+157|6646|The Mind Of A Cereal Killer
Rudolf was a coke fiend

and the seven dwarfs were just bi curious
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6854|"Frisco"

7 guys living in that small ass cottage, and none of them tried to use the "i'm small and get to look up her skirt" excuse? I dunno....
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6597|Your attic

chuyskywalker wrote:

7 guys living in that small ass cottage, and none of them tried to use the "i'm small and get to look up her skirt" excuse? I dunno....
Actually that was a scene in Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs Uncut and Uncensored.

Or maybe it was Disney Goes Wild, I'm not sure.
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6728|Eastern PA
GrĂ¼p Sechs
ghettoperson
+1,943|6655

I seem to recall reading an article on BBC news about how people were suing or protesting against Sponge-Bob for being 'gay propaganda'. They seem to have the idea that the creators of SB are using him to 'convert' small children to homosexuality. Something to do with him holding hands with Patrick apparently. Fucking ridiculous.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6607|132 and Bush

The story has always bothered me. He was born with a birth defect and nobody gave a shit about him until they needed him.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6584|Florida

ghettoperson wrote:

I seem to recall reading an article on BBC news about how people were suing or protesting against Sponge-Bob for being 'gay propaganda'. They seem to have the idea that the creators of SB are using him to 'convert' small children to homosexuality. Something to do with him holding hands with Patrick apparently. Fucking ridiculous.
Wow....that is ridiculous.
|=-sL-=|.Cujucuyo.
+26|6389|California
Rudolphs red nose was cancer, he thought it was magic... poor guy never saw death comming around the corner.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6411|North Carolina

OrangeHound wrote:

I mean, c'mon ... is the homophobia in America so bad that we see the homo-boogie man around every corner?   In cartoon characters?  Why is there such a movement by Dobson, Falwell, Robinson, et.al. to assign sexual orientation to sexually benign movies?
It's because people like Fred Phelps and Pat Robertson are probably in the closet.
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6342|Oregon
Pat Robertson is a complete whacko. Talk about someone with a very badly skewed view of people and the whole world in general...
The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6507|Los Angeles

Kmarion wrote:

The story has always bothered me. He was born with a birth defect and nobody gave a shit about him until they needed him.
I made my girlfriend watch this with me last week when it was on tv, remembering it as a staple of the season from when I was a kid. Both of us were a little horrified at the overall message, which you nailed. "So kids, remember: treat anyone different as an outcast, but exploit them when it benefits you!"

We also watched the animated Frosty the Snowman with Jimmy Durante. Wow, what a TERRIBLE piece of shit that is. Terrible voice acting (Frosty = wimpy Brooklynite?), terrible animation (feels like 5 FPS), and a joyless plot that feels like it was written in about 6 hours. Unbelievable that they're still showing it almost 40 years later.
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6751|Houston, TX
"When a female deer wanted to snuggle up, he felt awkward and uncomfortable."

If your thing was bright red and glowed would you whip it out if front of a lady?  Hell no.

I'd be at the clinic ta get a shot to clear that shit up.  Rudolph was probably a real Reindoe's man back in the day, then he caught a bad case of snyphillis. 

Poor, poor, Rudolph. 

KJ
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6535|Global Command

chuyskywalker wrote:

I obviously need to buy my kids some disney DVD's, as there is more going on than I suspected.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6524|Montucky
Rudolph The Red Nose Homosexual Reindeer

lmao..
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6342|Oregon
Seriously though, i understand about this keen eye to see human characters or animated animals as being subtly homosexual, retarded, horny... etc.
It's a sign of immaturity, but also insecurity...
What happens, in nature (or bf2) when we are prey? We start to frantically look for what we think is our predator. In this case, it's people who fear the idea of homosexuality...

Why do they fear homosexuality? Because it's the "faggoty n00bs" who keep TKing them on the runway with C4.

Really... It's a shame that such a rather insignificant difference in somebody is such a big deal. Let everyone live in peace... except TKing n00bs who want the damn plane.

Last edited by djphetal (2006-12-23 15:39:25)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard