Should they shorten time between landing and being able to shoot

Yes51%51% - 62
No20%20% - 25
I vote for the stupid thing in polls...always27%27% - 33
Total: 120
Fosterthelegend
:)
+97|6623|Kent, UK
....casue its really starting to annoy me when i jump down into the top bit of titan and someone:

a)stands there looking at me for half a second like a lemon-then shoots me
b)3 sentry guns are packed into the corridor destroying me and my ears
c)there's some nub waiting with his rdx to blow my balls off

and the problem with all of them which makes me so annoyed is it works.very well. unless you can sneak round the pillar quickly but even then if the guy's got even a small amount of intelligence he'll get me pretty quickly. But you would stand much morre of a chance in some, especially a, if you could shoot when you land instead of hafting to wait there. Now im sure some clever pople have worked a way to get round this but i still think ea should lower the gunfreeze time.
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6783|EUR
Definately.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6471|cuntshitlake

MuseSeeker wrote:

Definately.
I vote for zero draw time, i'm a DD whore...
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Brasso
+1,549|6638

I think it's fine as it is.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Mouse315
Bash.org Junkie
+105|6528
If you time it with crouch, sometimes you can land shooting.

And I always vote for the stupid thing.
AmbassadorofPain
+34|6665|Devil's Perch

haffeysucks wrote:

Yeah. Find a way to deal with it, don't start nerfing the game to death AGAIN. We already had that not long ago, if I could only remember the name of that game...
Proud member of a dead community.
Zukabazuka
+23|6693
If someone is camping there then take the way UNDER HIM, YES there is a secondary way that is at the end of the titan and when you come around in there just throw a nade and most of the time you will kill him. This way its most likely not defended because they are using their 2 APM at the airshaft.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6396|New York
i prefer voting for the stupid thing in poles.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Entertayner
+826|6578

It's easy to land shooting
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6573|Area 51

AmbassadorofPain wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Yeah. Find a way to deal with it, don't start nerfing the game to death AGAIN. We already had that not long ago, if I could only remember the name of that game...
1) This is more like an upgrade to the game physics, not a nerf
2) This game is allready nerved to death....

Last edited by RDMC(2) (2006-12-15 13:09:09)

pippin_death
Devon Dweller
+36|6595|Devon, England
The latter.
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6542|Edmonton Alberta
i think they just should get rid of all the stupid delays so we can dolphin dive in 2142
Microwave
_
+515|6663|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK

straz_mataz wrote:

i think they just should get rid of all the stupid delays so we can dolphin dive in 2142
Yes, of course, now everyone thinks you're cool.

- - - - - - - - - -

I think they should shorten it too, because there's time when i pod straight into the 'vents' and theres a guy with his pet sentry gun, my crosshair is on his face but i can't shoot yet...then i die.

Last edited by james@alienware (2006-12-15 13:40:14)

loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6542|Valhalla
Yes.
Magius5.0
+106|6389|UMass Amherst

straz_mataz wrote:

You know what I do when I see dolphins?  I toss huge fucking explosives and blow them out of the ocean.  Sure they flop around afterwords, but that's because their in their death throes.  lol.
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6718|Sweden

Magius5.0 wrote:

straz_mataz wrote:

You know what I do when I see dolphins?  I toss huge fucking explosives and blow them out of the ocean.  Sure they flop around afterwords, but that's because their in their death throes.  lol.
Are you sure you´re not shooting the poor dolphins because you can´t stand those creatures being more intelligent and sophisticated than you?
Magius5.0
+106|6389|UMass Amherst

madmurre wrote:

Magius5.0 wrote:

straz_mataz wrote:

Are you sure you´re not shooting the poor dolphins because you can´t stand those creatures being more intelligent and sophisticated than you?
They changed BF2 so that dolphin diving was removed, and it makes sense.  I doubt your average soldier is an Olympic athlete that can jump his own height time and time again, more so with upwards of 100 pounds of equipment he's carrying.  Yeah, those dolphins are smart, but only if the person shooting at them is a N00B.  People who aren't n00bs (like me) figure to simply wait and take the perfect shot, because the only reason he's flopping around like a fag in the first place is because he knows he's screwed.  Sophisticated my ass.  What's next, rabid dolphins?

Okay, back on track...yeah, they should shorten the time between landing and shooting; when there's a clever Recon player on the upper decks (like me), every time people go through those vents they should get a fighting chance, because as-is, it's like giving me free points.  Not that I mind...it'll just mean I'll have to adapt and not be around when they jump in.
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6542|Edmonton Alberta

Magius5.0 wrote:

straz_mataz wrote:

infantry was 100x better when you could dolphin dive in bf2.... it seperated the good players from the average players.... now everybody just grenade spams
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6629|Gold coast, Aus.

straz_mataz wrote:

Magius5.0 wrote:

straz_mataz wrote:

infantry was 100x better when you could dolphin dive in bf2.... it seperated the good players from the average players.... now everybody just grenade spams
So true....But i don't reckon it would work well in 2142.

Voted yes, i hate the times you fall off to a small ledge to shoot someone, land on the ground and stand there looking at his face for some time. Also when you jump and hit crouch, land on the ground line your guy up and hold the click ready to spray and you just sit there with the dot point at his eye.
HUNDaemon
Exploit/Glitch "Tester"
+49|6383|Inside the AR Rockets.
Listen, if they wont fix titan dancing and falling through the titan (Both personal experiences)
they wont give a SHIT about time between landing and shooting. Trust me, I didnt even know what the fuck you ment
Fosterthelegend
:)
+97|6623|Kent, UK

HUNDaemon wrote:

Listen, if they wont fix titan dancing and falling through the titan (Both personal experiences)
they wont give a SHIT about time between landing and shooting. Trust me, I didnt even know what the fuck you ment
well, all the other people did
to comment on other people's posts yes you could just go the way below but,no. It's just not as good and you don't have the height advantage.

that's the other problem ive just remembered which is when you land from your pod for a few seconds its like being flashbanged and if you've dropped onto the titan there's quite often i guy there waiting for people so he can just own you when you cant even see what's going on.

but that doesnt happen as much as the poll question cause im not uber-shit
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6682|Canberra, AUS
Yes, I've probably spent about half an hour just waiting for my gun to work again.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Jo Barf Creepy
+27|6567

fat razza-fosterthelegend wrote:

....casue its really starting to annoy me when i jump down into the top bit of titan and someone:

a)stands there looking at me for half a second like a lemon-then shoots me
b)3 sentry guns are packed into the corridor destroying me and my ears
c)there's some nub waiting with his rdx to blow my balls off

and the problem with all of them which makes me so annoyed is it works.very well. unless you can sneak round the pillar quickly but even then if the guy's got even a small amount of intelligence he'll get me pretty quickly. But you would stand much morre of a chance in some, especially a, if you could shoot when you land instead of hafting to wait there. Now im sure some clever pople have worked a way to get round this but i still think ea should lower the gunfreeze time.
Throw 3 RDX packs in there, blow them, then jump down. 95% of the time you'll catch a shottie padder in the blast radius. Otherwise find a new approach. Do football teams whine and ask for rules / plays to be nerfed because the defense is too good? No. They adapt. Try it sometime.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6453|The Land of Scott Walker

straz_mataz wrote:

Adjust it for a single dive to prone while running.  If prone is spammed, then the delay kicks in.  That's my idea.
Zukabazuka
+23|6693
If you guys wanna be mister Neo then find a another game, for now its fine and learn to counter attack him. Him you goes down in the vent more 5times and still get killed you deserve it. Because then you have no tactic.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard