Enzzenmachine
+20|6353
Hi all, I'm new here

ok I'm actually thinking about getting (finally) Euro Force. After reading alotta posts about how getting it, 2 questions still come in my mind.

Firstly : I own BF2 and BF:SF and I'm currently on 1.41. I want Euro Force, am I obliged to uninstall BF2 and BF:SF then to reinstall 'em then patch on 1.21, then install Euro Force, then patch on full 1.22 and only then patch on 1.41 ? (I'm pretty sure someone here already answered to this question but can't find it)

Secondly : I have already a EA account (under another name than my gamespy account aka my BF2 account name) and I have EA downloader installed on my PC. It means I can directly goto EA downloader through the EA downloader icon I have on my PC, then loggin, then goto "shop" and "buy the download" for Euro Force. Is it just an easier way to get Euro Force or ? 

Thanks.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6573|England

Only get EF if you like your vehicles. There is hardly any infantry combat in the maps, apart from Great Wall.

But:

1) You can just install EF as it is, but then you must repatch to 1.41.

2) I downloaded mine via EA Downloader, I dont know of any other way to get it...
Brasso
+1,549|6638

The answer to both of the questions is: Don't get Euro Force.  It sucks.

If you want to try something new, get Armored Fury.  Although it's lost its popularity, it's still well worth $10 and much better than Euro Force.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6800
Does anyone still play Euro Force or Armoured Fury?  I'd want to know that before buying either.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6573|England

EF Servers: http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php? … uleval2=EU

AF Servers: http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php? … red%20Fury

AF has a few servers that run it that are very popular. Battlefield Gotland and =SF= are always running every day, all day.
Im often in there

EF has lost its "popularity" (why I dont know, it is such a good booster) - and it doesnt help that Jolt changed their Smoke Screen server to Wake whore fest That was pretty much the only server that ran EF that had people in it all the time. Although it has changed IP, nobody seems to have picked up on it.
UTAC run EF/AF in rotation though, and thats often populated.

Last edited by Snake (2006-12-13 04:39:38)

voodoosniper7
BF2s Nublet
+71|6446|somewhere other then here
i bought the af adn ef disc but when i go to play them it says i have to buy the game
Enzzenmachine
+20|6353
Thank you Snake

haffeysucks : I still wanna try it by myself lol (a new EF's player coming soon sheesh)...
Phrozenbot
+632|6623|do not disturb

haffeysucks wrote:

If you want to try something new, get Armored Fury.  Although it's lost its popularity, it's still well worth $10 and much better than Euro Force.
Yup, like I've seen you play AF.

Great Wall is enough to get EF.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6573|England

haffeysucks wrote:

How can you say "it sucks" when you've never even played it....
Dont judge it by what others think.

Your sig wont get you out of this one either!!
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6751|Reality
It only sucks because nobody is playing it anymore. Only UTAC which, to my taste, has too many rules and the admins spend more time enforcing their rules than actually playing, or so it seems.

Booster packs are missing 1 Chinese map each IMO.
The maps aren't finished either, with 64 player sharing the same map as 32 player. Same flags just a higher ticket count.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6566|Hungary
I also like EF (Smoke Screen and Great Wall is not working at the moment) with the new vehicles,guns,maps.
Well maybe the maps are just too based on vehicle fight (why dont we have 4 jets ?) but as otehrs said Great Wall is a good map.If you like bf2 you should own both boosters, you know having all maps is great, so u dont have problems that next map on a server is Smoke Screen and u have to leave.
|=-sL-=|.Cujucuyo.
+26|6390|California

Enzzenmachine wrote:

Hi all, I'm new here

ok I'm actually thinking about getting (finally) Euro Force. After reading alotta posts about how getting it, 2 questions still come in my mind.

Firstly : I own BF2 and BF:SF and I'm currently on 1.41. I want Euro Force, am I obliged to uninstall BF2 and BF:SF then to reinstall 'em then patch on 1.21, then install Euro Force, then patch on full 1.22 and only then patch on 1.41 ? (I'm pretty sure someone here already answered to this question but can't find it)

Secondly : I have already a EA account (under another name than my gamespy account aka my BF2 account name) and I have EA downloader installed on my PC. It means I can directly goto EA downloader through the EA downloader icon I have on my PC, then loggin, then goto "shop" and "buy the download" for Euro Force. Is it just an easier way to get Euro Force or ? 

Thanks.
I just got mine in the mail yesterday, I bought it in www.amazon.com for $14.99 and it has free shipping, it has both Euro Force and Armored Fury, it was a real hassle to register at first but thanks to the guys here at BF2s I was able to finally finish registering the game and playing it, and I have to say EF & AF are great! Love the maps, vehicles and the weapons, so IMO get it, it's $14.99 well spent!

Basically the only problems I had were registering the game and getting a EA account which is needed to register the game, so if you buy it then create an EA account if you haven't got one yet:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 1#p1053381

Last edited by |=-sL-=|.Cujucuyo. (2006-12-13 09:40:13)

Enzzenmachine
+20|6353
I have an EA account and EA downloader installed on my PC as I said above. So technically I just have to loggin and buy the game, but well with working.. all I know is I'll buy it this week.
JAMER
+3|6680
Euro Forces is actually great.  The maps are some of the best and offer a really fun variety to the regular mix.  The EU guns are sweet.  And the accents are worthy of a good laugh.  Everytime I hear them speak I think of that Marvin the Martian from the Bugs Bunny Cartoons.

Typically there is about a dozen different servers running both EU & AF in ranked servers.  For the money you can not beat it.  I would buy the boosters before I bought BF2142.
|=-sL-=|.Cujucuyo.
+26|6390|California

Enzzenmachine wrote:

I have an EA account and EA downloader installed on my PC as I said above. So technically I just have to loggin and buy the game, but well with working.. all I know is I'll buy it this week.
Good luck, it seems the EA site is full of errors, I guess this Pongo crap fro which they bought is screwing the site up. Anyways, how much does EF & AF cost to download each? If it's $10 each then I suggest you buy them like I did on amazon.com or otherplace, you save $5... it isn't much but hey you get one for half the price .
purdonkurt
+4|6402|New Zealand
I would say to get it. If I can get on servers (being in New Zealand), then if your American or European, you will have no problem.

See: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=55203
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6527|Adelaide, South Australia

Snake wrote:

2) I downloaded mine via EA Downloader, I dont know of any other way to get it...
the shop?
Phrozenbot
+632|6623|do not disturb

Give it a try. Only 10 bucks, which I think the price should be lowered now, but you've got to be pretty stingy not to try it.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6573|England

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Snake wrote:

the shop?
Oh yeah, lol

Ok ok, then, let me rephrase that "I didnt know of any other way of getting it at the time". Hows that?

Last edited by Snake (2006-12-14 00:49:20)

Ricerckt93
+69|6660
DON'T BUY IT.

It does NOT compare to BF2, or BF2-SF.

I rarely play it.

I am going to finish getting EU Medal, then probably never play it again.

Servers are hard to find, Even with Game Monitor.

If you buy it, you will soon find out that it isn't that good.

But, you make your own decision.
Phrozenbot
+632|6623|do not disturb

Well, while I don't like your attitude, add the =ST6= Great Wall server to your favorites. Team switchers get kicked though, unless you switch to the PLA, which is cool.
purdonkurt
+4|6402|New Zealand

Hellogoodsir wrote:

Well, while I don't like your attitude, add the =ST6= Great Wall server to your favorites. Team switchers get kicked though, unless you switch to the PLA, which is cool.
Would you be kicked say if there were 12 on the PLA team and 11 on the EU team and you switched to EU, giving the EU 12 players and the PLA 11?
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6573|England

purdonkurt wrote:

Hellogoodsir wrote:

Would you be kicked say if there were 12 on the PLA team and 11 on the EU team and you switched to EU, giving the EU 12 players and the PLA 11?
I think hes referring to the mass "belief" that everyone should swap to EU at the start of the game, making teams sort of like 15v5. By the time the smaller team even recovers players, they are out of the game.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6638|Washington, DC

Yeah, that's what is considered teamswitching. Honestly, if the scenario you described Kurt happens, you shouldn't have to worry about any punishment for switching to EU.

It's more, as Snake said, when the round ends and everyone hits the EU button at the spawn screen, making the teams extremely uneven (15v5 as said above). This pisses off everyone on the server, they leave, server dies.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard