purdonkurt
+4|6402|New Zealand
If you are thinking about getting Euroforce, you may or may not be sure whether to get it or not This is because their are risks like:
1) You may live far from Europe or the US, and are worried you will get kicked for high ping off all the servers.
2) Many people say the game sucks, and that it might not be worth the $10US.
3) There may be no people playing Euroforce and no servers going, effectively making the game pointless unless you enjoy racking up 100+ points on singleplayer.

I was faced with this when I thought about buying it. I read around on some forums, and talked to some people, and this is the information I got.

1) BF2S Forum:
"Euroforce is a dead horse. Just let it die."
"EF rocks. I play on Seal Team GW server whenever I catch people on it, and I'll even go for the occasional Taraba match if it's on somewhere. So it's alive and kicking. I'd play right now if I were home, since this laptop would explode if I tried to run BF2 on it."

2) Friends:
"Buy 2142"
"Buy 2142"
"Buy 2142"

3) =ST6= SewerMaster
"the high ping limit is set at 352. honestly i have no idea what your connection would be like since we've never had anyone from that far away [New Zealand] connect to the server to my knowledge."

4) EA Battlefield 2: Euroforce Webpage
"NORTH AMERICA ONLY"
"DOWNLOAD NOW"

Here is some information I got AFTER downloading:

5) Andoura
"Ive bought the Booster Pack Cd but theirs no enaugh server for EF and AF"

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

I decided to buy it. I downlaoded it from EA Link, re-installed v1.4, and it worked! Well, why wouldn't it. Not only that, my ping was never above 330. To date, I have never been kicked of high ping from a Euro server. The times I play (Sunday mostly), is Saturday night US time so there's always a server going. Usually, =SF=, =ST6= or =MX=. [UTAC] have a EF/AF but I haven't got Armoured Fury yet.

In conclusion, if you're thinking about getting Euroforce, then get it, it's really fun and the servers are awuite flexible with high ping. Even if it doesn't work for you, is $10US really going to blow the budget?

[ This post will be updated with more information regularly. ]
[ Total edits to date: 5 ]

Last edited by purdonkurt (2006-12-21 01:12:58)

Warstarz
+11|6439
I play Euroforce/Armored Fury every day. Off and on throughout the day. There's a populated server running it from like 9 a.m. to midnight or so.
Phrozenbot
+632|6623|do not disturb

Well, even with people begging to get the server patched to 1.41, I have not seen these people join it. I really don't know if I should bother idling it in every once in a while, but I can't help not to just to see if we can get a game going. I really think =ST6= is the one who needs to get the server going, but I'm not saying more and it doesn't matter, and I'm sorry to those who want to play it but can't. I'm happy that someone really wants to, like me.

I think once I hit colonel though, I may just quit playing BF2. It was good and all, but there is time when you got to put a game down. I don't know, maybe I'll play it a little more, but I don't see the point the more I play.

Anyways, +1.

*edit* tired

Last edited by Hellogoodsir (2006-12-08 09:33:51)

purdonkurt
+4|6402|New Zealand
I went on the =ST6= Great Wall server when you were there, but I think you quit while I was loading.
purdonkurt
+4|6402|New Zealand
*bump*

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard